>2 year old CPU
>$2000 price tag
Is it worth it Sup Forumsuys?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.puri.sm/t/qubes-anti-evil-maid-librems-tpm/2501
notabug.org/libreboot/libreboot/issues/357
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really.

Came on Sup Forums just to ask this very question to see this user ask it, too.

I want some opinions on this, too.

It comes with Coreboot and Heads. I was planning on running qubes on it.

I don't think it is expensive considering it is the only decent option in the market with no fucking Management Engine and physical killswitches.. If you are ok with 2 physical cores I7 cpus, these are actually pretty good.

>>But CPU doesn't support TXT so no Evil Maid protection

Actually, the new laptops include a TPM like said with Heads on it. This prevents Evil Maid attacks.

It is, but i would wait until they Libreboot it

Reminder that they have a roadmap that leads to Libreboot and beyond.

According to team member in the forums, even with TPM, it doesn't protect against Evil maid. That was posted about 2 weeks ago. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I can dig it up if you'd like

Please do, actually.

My bad, user 'yummy' is not a team member but Kyle Rankin is the chief security officer and I think they are both in agreement

forums.puri.sm/t/qubes-anti-evil-maid-librems-tpm/2501

I bought a new laptop recently (like 2 days ago) and librem 13 was top 3.

Ultimately, I didn't buy it because the CPU is indeed older, and the $1400 price tag ($400 more than non free able to run Linux equivalent) was just the better deal. Plus apparently Bluetooth doesn't work on it either....

I think the laptop line is great for privacy paranoid. But no way I'm spending more than 40% for that. They need to get competitive to get my dollar.

Is your lappy corebootable?

Doubt it

what kind of shilling is that
can't even write Sup Forums right

I've pretty much decided to buy this laptop.

Should I get the 13 or 15 inch version? Also, is it possible to maybe upgrade the display?

Should I get one of these or a new X1 carbon?

This is very interesting but
>2000$ for an old CPU
k sasuga nerds

The quality of the killswitches is poor. It's almost as if the manufacturer literally just dremel'd into it.

Still, there are no alternatives to this thing.

Oops forgot pic.

wth

Don't get an x1 yet wait for the ryzen ones since theyll have semi capable igpus

No Thunderbolt

thunderbolt is a meme what do you even use it for faggot

I want to ditch my desktop and get an eGPU.

>Libreboot
>On modern Intel hardware
Scam

Only useful if you know your software is untrustworthy.

It's possible, jut incredibly hard. We won't see libreboot on purism devices for at least a year.

You don't know how Intel ME functions if you think it's "realistic" for a manufacturer to produce Intel ME-less modern hardware. A much more plausible scenario is Purism not using Intel as a platform entirely.

Remember when everyone said the Libreboot X220 was going to come out last December?

They want to use the recently found ACE in Skylake ME, I think. Will not be truly libre, but allows taking over the ME chip during bringup.

If it is not truely Libre, then it cannot be considered "Libreboot". You'd be stuck at the "coreboot" stage.

Though, having coreboot on modern hardware is also very nice.

It is as good as you will get outside of ARM/POWER laptops. It is unfortunate, but...

As for Coreboot on modern hardware, just buy a Chromebook.

Man those things are shit too, though. They generally use non-free wireless cards and graphics processors.

Well then. Freedom never - as hardware grows more complex, the amount of blobs WILL increase. iMX8.M chips are your best recent bet.

By the way, libre or not, it is good enough for the libreboot devs: notabug.org/libreboot/libreboot/issues/357

>Evil Maid
You aren't important, stop thinking someone wants your anime collection

Leah is a braindead moron who has never done any real work toward the project. The only reason he's praying for this and to soil the name of Libreboot is because he's grasping at straws in hopes of paying back the hundreds of people he gip'd into "preordering" Libreboot X220's.

He's also not member of the Libreboot team anymore, so opinions discarded.

How do the ryzens compare in terms of botnet blobs?