Transmission appreciation thread

Transmission appreciation thread
>uses fewer resources than other clients
>native Mac, GTK+ and Qt GUI clients
>daemon ideal for servers, embedded systems, and headless use
>all these can be remote controlled by Web and Terminal clients
>full encryption, DHT, µTP, PEX and magnet link support

>we've set the defaults to "Just Werk" and it only takes a few clicks to configure advanced features

So why aren't you using Transmission BitTorrent client yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2016/09/transmission-hijacked-again-to-spread-malware/
sourceforge.net/p/transgui/discussion/general/thread/9ff4b262/#4421
github.com/cfpp2p/transmission/releases
github.com/transmission/transmission/wiki/Transmission-is-Downloading-Files-I-Asked-It-To-Not-Download
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You forgot
>gets infected with malware not once but TWICE

nobody cares about the past

>malware-ridden trash
no thanks, also kill yourself shill

>>gets infected with malware not once but TWICE

Wasn't that just the website, and not the software itself?

Nope, the client itself.

no

>In March, the website of the Transmission torrent client was hacked, and a maliciously-altered copy of Transmission was uploaded in place of the real one. That incident was very well-publicized, as the malware being distributed this way was the KeRanger ransomware, which is currently the only real ransomware ever to affect the Mac platform.

>Almost exactly six months later, the story has repeated. Transmission has once again become a vector for the transmission of malware – in this case, a new variant of the Keydnap backdoor.

blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2016/09/transmission-hijacked-again-to-spread-malware/

Any other answer is wrong.

Why should I use transmission over Vuze

>not building software yourself from git master

>STALLED

watch folder stops working.

every

fucking

time

Tixati is better

>shit shiny vista-style logo
>shitty slogan ("easy" the fuck is this about devs mom or torrent client?)
>a fucking automatic transmission for 10 iq cucks
>infested by malware a couple of time
literally the WORST bittorrent client

So only a problem for Windows and Mac huh, because i guess most linux repositories do not go to the Website to get binaries, but instead they generate their own.

boomp

I used deluge a lot before (and still actually prefer it to transmission to some extent), but trasmission is overall better suited to handle huge torrents with thousands of files and hundreds of GB.

Transmission-gtk eats 500 MiB RAM just with a dozen of seeding inactive Linux distros. What the fuck.

works 4 me

What version and distro?

Vuze is by far the best torrent client out there, but it consumes resources like no one other, mainly because it runs on a JVM but its also very bloated, i tried running Vuze on a Headless server once and it still hogged all my resources.

>literally the WORST bittorrent client
No that's uTorrent, it has been infected more than a few times, it also has ads and botnet integrated.

Assuming the first reply is referring to version 3.3.16, theses.

Different user, but transmission-daemon-2.92 on Fedora 27. I have yet to see it break 60M of RAM.

Deluge is better but transmission is my default

Occasionally it does glitch out tho

>Vuze
at least replace it with biglybt

>By far the best torrent client
Why?

ABSOLUTELY PROPRIETARY
FREE AS IN FREEDOM

I have no idea what transmission is or does sorry.

I use it, I'd rather go with qbittorrent but for some reason transmission works way better

Using the ncurses client is extremely comfy but the web client is extremely convenient

It was the website you faggot, stop selling utorrent motherfucker

I still use uTorrent 2.1.1. Tried qbittorrent in the past but the stalling meme got me, and I had a few other problems with it. uTorrent just works, and I don`t think there`s anything better for windows yet.

I'm using the Transmission GUI but the flags.zip file failed to download and is no longer available. Anyone knows where I can get a copy?

>Why?
Plugins.

Also it can work with thousands of torrents if you provide enough memory and it has automatic RSS downloads, if only the headless mode worked better it would be my go to client, for now transmision-daemon + WebGui + Flexget do the trick, but writing YAML files is painful.

Vuze is GPLv2.

works for me
seeding >200 torrents and transmission-daemon uses "only" 200 MB
sourceforge.net/p/transgui/discussion/general/thread/9ff4b262/#4421

Thanks user. That link worked.

>native Mac, GTK+ and Qt GUI clients

What is this Mac you speak of?
Is it another ui library?

I do use it on my seedbox, and would love to use it on desktop as well but it lacks sequential download of pieces.

Any way to have this feature? This alone would make transmission the single most useful torrent client

Transmission has no RSS tab. As a windows user I'm too retarded to use whatever command line workaround they offer, plus I prefer to just have a GUI tab in my torrent client to choose the tv episode I want. Qbittorrent it is.

Isn't 200 MiB too much for the daemon?

It's definitely much more than I expected, not sure why Transmission is eating so much.
I couldn't care less though, there's enough ram available on my NAS.

Anyone else have issues installing a vpn client on ubuntu?

there's a patch for it, and these unofficial releases have it integrated: github.com/cfpp2p/transmission/releases so you can stream movies and shit

Using it as a daemon on my Odroid. It werks.

>The Azureus software was released under theGNU General Public License, and remains as afree softwareapplication. It was among the most popular BitTorrent clients. However, the Vuze software added in more recent versions isproprietaryand users are required to accept these more restrictive license terms. In 2017, the original coders forked the project into BiglyBT.

but I am. used to use deluged + deluge-web, but I switched over to transmission-daemon + apache for SSL access ( 17 line site config ). it's like 10x easier on my server and can actually handle a lot more torrents.

>seeding
well theres your problem

Mine is using 1,2gb of ram.

>select just 2 files to download
>transmission downloads other 6 or 8 files as well

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

t. i don't know how the protocol works

Switched from qBittorrent to this because of the memes and Sup Forums hype
A few downloads later I realized I had been JUST'ed
>no options
>no functions
>no sequential download
>when adding a torrent you are presented with a dozen pop-up windows that tell you it's going to do the default action and sir I hope this is okay with you sir? Sir?
>after all that I still have to click on the magnet link again because something got fucked with the download, probably overloaded with too many pop-up windows

>not compiling it from source
You deserve to get infected

Because only rtorrent has nice looking modern webui.

github.com/transmission/transmission/wiki/Transmission-is-Downloading-Files-I-Asked-It-To-Not-Download

settings.json:
"rename-partial-files": true,

find $directory -type f -name "*.part"; find $directory -type d -empty -delete

Wow that was really hard.

Transmission's proxy support doesn't work.

RESPECT THE PIRATE CODE MAN, AT LEAST SEED TO 2.1 TO CONTRIBUTE A LITTLE

I don't seed hollywood shit they are going out of their way to fuck seeders
Actually useful stuff with few peers left get the indefinite seeding treatment

>vuze
>it can work with thousands of torrents
nigger, please, I'm seeding a third of sad panda through transmission

>live in USA
>order burger on phone app
>it arrives late
>that will be $10.98 + tip
>download nice flick
>accidentally seed 1MB
>FBI knocks door down to serve me a bill at the original retail price of the movie I downloaded
>I can't afford to pay that!
>Punches me in the stomach, says "I'LL SEE YOU IN COURT DIRTBAG"
>ony my way to court
>handsome african american mugs me on the way
>I miss my trial trying to describe the situation in the least racist way possible to the police
>Posting this from jail

Very good my lad, carry on.

because i'm not a faggot and use rtorrent

>So why aren't you using Transmission BitTorrent client yet?
Because Deluge has a cooler icon.

fact: btpd > aria2 > rtorrent > transmission > deluge > qStalledMeme

other shit sucks

Fucking love transmission.
Runs alongside an AMP stack, mumble, FTP and Mailserver on a shitty 2-slot NAS (dlink dns-325) and saturates my line fully under load.

It doesn't work with rutracker.org, where else do I download all my games? Transmission is trash.

ktorrent is secretly the best torrent client

>>full encryption support
that garbage can be considered obfuscation at best

deluge is superior

...just use sickrage

It is awesome as a Desktop client, too bad it doesn't have a daemon + remote mode.

It's all the same shit retards. They all use the same libtorrent backend. Fucking brainlets.

Because I am using. The best client, that doesn't try to mimic the µTorrent, and yet has a good console and GUI for literally any system.

Actually, I am thinking of making a package-manager based on Transmission, so you wouldn't need a central server with binaries.

Came preinstalled on my first linux distro and I've been using it since. Didnt know people cared so much for it

Does it have tagging yet?

yes!