A distro is not an OS. A desktop environment is not an OS. It is not even a distro

A distro is not an OS. A desktop environment is not an OS. It is not even a distro.
>oh cool I run Arch with KDE
>I installed Ubuntu.. but I'm thinking about Xubuntu because it's faster
>My favorite distro is Debian with Gnome 3
Just stop. You've outed yourself as an absolute brainlet. These comments mostly made by Arch, Manjaro or Ubuntu users which isn't too surprising because either they are new to Linux or they are retarded.

@64927355(You)

So "I run KDE" is now an invalid statement because it's not an operating system? Can I only "run" OSes and nothing else now?

So is android also not an operating system :)

guess i'll take your bait
so by your definiton, a piece of software that allocates system resources, aka a kernel, to programs running on the system, aka the parts that make up your distro, is not an OS?
what kind of retarded logic is that?

Actually, Gnome and KDE are operating systems. Even the Gnome devs have said this.

reminder that today the only differences between distros extending beyond systemD are totally negligible
reminder that filesystems are the future of ricing
reminder that any DE works with any distro/flavor

I run my shit in toilet

>A distro is not an OS
It's 9 pm here, I doubt I'm going to read anything more dumb than this post today.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

the operating system is GNU/Linux

>GNU

Yeah, just like Microsoft/NT

*linux

no

>he doesn't know what a package manager is

winbaby detected

a distro is an OS, or a distribution thereof. it is a suite of software including a kernel, drivers, and userland programs.

I would tell you to get out but it seems that brainlets can find themselves in good company here.

you install things
you roll back sometimes
you uninstall things
there's your package manager. that's what it does.

> hurry durrri I run NT6.3/build 9600

shit for brains detected

>baiting harder than a retard
I operate my system arch inside ur mum and i kde plasma all over her face fagit

>types like a retards
>tells others THEY have shit for brains
k