Is VGA still viable in 2018?

Is VGA still viable in 2018?

Other urls found in this thread:

komplett.no/product/950712/datautstyr/skjermer/skjermer/aoc-22-led-e2270swn?offerId=KOMPLETT-310-950712#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why wouldn't it be?

Considering people don't buy current generation monitors unless they are fucking retarded, yes. When prices drop on the newer shit, probably not. It will fade out in a decade or so.

absolutely

I'm literally using it now. Retard.

Is that a DualShock 2? Do you have a SmartJoy Plus too? Which SS mouse is that?

It's DS3 but I'm gonna swap it for a DS4 soon.

that's zowie fk

Personally, ds2 is most comfy ps controller for me. I just wish there was a pc adapter that used all the analog features

it just works. one of my monitors is connected with a hdmi to dvi cable and other with vga.

>all the analog features
You mean the pressure sensitivity of the face buttons? How many games even used that? I know I have a couple but I couldn't name them.

sure, i used it on my 1080p screen with a gtx 980 for years until I bought a IPS screen to replace it.
Still use it as a secondary screen to this day

The cheapest monitor you can buy brand new in Norway is VGA only.

komplett.no/product/950712/datautstyr/skjermer/skjermer/aoc-22-led-e2270swn?offerId=KOMPLETT-310-950712#

No one cares about you third world shit
hole, Sven. Go suck on some pickled herring.

Every Gran Turismo on PS2->PS3.
MGS2 and MGS3
Those are the ones I own and know about.

Took a quick look through some of my games. I can confirm MGS2, MGS3, SF: Omega Strain, and the entire Burnout series except for Burnout 2 for some reason.

Nearly all business projectors have VGA and will continue to have VGA. Looks like they are actively trying to keep it alive.

What kind of a question is that? If you have VGA compatible hardware, it still works just like it did 20 years ago.

But it's considered legacy in the mainstream. DisplayPort is where it's at these days or HDMI if we are talking about TVs and media equipment.

>Is that a DualShock 2?
>obviously a DS3

All the ones I've seen over the recent years, business projectors that is, have VGA but also HDMI or DP as a main option. Consumer and prosumer projectors don't even have VGA anymore.

But why? Quality and feature wise it's far behind DP. VGA/RGBS is okay if you have a old CRT monitor for retro gaymes or systems, not as a main I/O for monitors in 2018.

When are you moving in?

HDMI royalty fee

I wonder when the tipping point will be for when manufacturers determine the extra cost of including VGA results in net loss.

Yes, but what does this have to do with DisplayPort?
HDMI is an advancement over SCART, not VGA.
DP is an advancement over DVI and VGA.

VGA so that it may be cheapest monitor you can buy.

Why would you cheap out in the first place for something like a monitor that's pretty important.
Even chink 1440p monitors that go for 200€ have DisplayPort and HDMI.

You underestimate how important spending as little as possible and how unimportant technology specs can be to some people.

>What are server kvm terminals

Viable for what?

It is only for legacy monitors and projectors.

DVI and VGA will slowly but surely be replaced by Displayport.

Current crop of motherboards don't even offer a VGA port and VGA only exists on budget-minded discrete GPUs.

nice setup m8

>DVI and VGA will slowly but surely be replaced by Displayport.
Judging by how extremely slowly VGA is being phased out by the time it is completed there probably will be a newer better alternative to DisplayPort. They are really trying to keep VGA alive.

>They are really trying to keep VGA alive.
Because it's so simple and just werks.

Your cabling situation needs a serious fix user. I will laugh when you break your neck falling out of your chair from a caught power cable of you turn off the strip with your foot. Either one or both doesn't matter

Yeah, no DHCP shit and physically smaller than DVI.

*HDCP

I will laugh when you compete in the special olympics. Retard

None of this shit as well.

This connector was a mistake...

I want to piss on that floor mat.

Don't be disgusting, user.

Jesus how many fuckin types of DVI do we need

Why though?

it's not that bad really. It's probably best if he gets the cables going over the desk from behind. the only hazardous cable may be the gamepad, but that could be because it's short.