What is it that makes Alienware so shit?

What is it that makes Alienware so shit?

inb4
>pre-built
>gaming laptops
Overpriced

What is it that makes it poorly put together or less powerful than custom built pcs?

What is it that makes OP such a retarded faggot?

Its like the macbook of dell but geared towards autists

lmfao

They are the only one that makes an oled laptop aside from the x1 carbon.

Alienware is not shit at all. Prices are reasonable (you do pay a premium, but nothing like the Apple tax)

When I bought mine I was looking to get a Macbook Pro initially but even upgrading it as much as possible on Apple's websight didn't give comparable performance to the Alienware I ultimately bought and the Alienware was still much cheaper. The ugly design has really lessened a bit on the laptops too, if you turn off the LEDs nobody has to know you're using a ``gaymer'' laptop.

I have to agree with you user. I bought myself a 15 R3 and the design is alot less gamerish than previous Alienwares. Hell most people don't even notice the laptop when I'm working in uni or in public. Anyway I bought because I needed something for uni and I tend to travel alot Carrying it around is pretty easy cuz I lift n shit.

i didnt know foobar2000 made computers

Dunno. I have a Dell AW3418DW and it's amazing.

another case of form over function and charging applel prices

>What is it that makes it poorly put together or less powerful than custom built pcs?

no one has ever said this. It's always just that it's overpriced. Your thread is so fucking pointless.

I'm mostly guessing the branding and choice of appeal, I've got an alpha R2 and have been enjoying it for almost two years now

Foobar is minimalistic and you're comparing it to alienware?

If somebody has an Alienware anything, I know they're an idiot.

I think he means this

he means the two logos look similar, autismo

Most of the time they use oem GPUs, aka shittest bin that they got cheap by buying in bulk. Laptops obviously get the shittest of the shit bins because they'll throttle before crashing.

I'm on my second Alienware laptop, it's a bit old now: an i7 from 2011 but still runs good with occasional light gaming (openarena and xonotic) and of course it runs Debian. (I had to write my own driver for the LED effects as Dell only provides a driver for wangblows)

>dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/sda (super awesome Linux command)
Have you tried this? It reads an EOF and stops immediately after 0 bytes.

Bought a M17xR3 years ago. Like 2008-2009 that I still have. Up until last year it was still working pretty great. Though I did replace my old HD for an SSD. After that the nvidia gpu crapped out entirely, would bluescreen within 10 minutes of building up any heat. Had to disable it entirely. Even made a thread on Sup Forums about it. Remember that you fags? Anyway now the monitor starts flickering whenever it builds up heat, so maybe the i7's graphics is also starting to go, or maybe the screen itself. It was good while it lasted.

They introduced OLED in gaming laptops, so they are GOAT in my book.

Why did you ask this on two separate threads? No I haven't, read my answer in the other thread if you want more explanation.

>go to alienwarearena
>homepage and signup all have expired tls certs
>they expect me to login to their site while getting man in the middled
>try to file bug report
>follow a click loop to alienware main site
>click live help
>forwarded to a multi choice questionaire for troubleshooting
>click none are my issues and click talk to a person
>loops back to multi choice selection
>have to sign up to post in the support forums
>cant because its unsecured
>forced to email them directly about updating their site
>2 weeks pass and nothing changes with no response

REEEEEEEEEEEE

/thread

Who the fuck is this guy?

>Ask why alienware is bad
>"But not THESE reasons", lists almost all the reasons why they're shit

Laptops gpus are highly binned for efficiency, especially maxq ones

They used MSI motherboards, followed by Pegatron ones(AsRock).

it's unbelievable you didn't get this

I missed the answer because I'm not him. Can you post it here too pleas?

>>tripnig
chan pass
>>Alienware is not shit

Stopped reading and filtered