FreeBSD DEPRECATED

Which BSD are you going to use now that FreeBSD has been deprecated?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/81ai58/developers_discuss_the_code_of_conduct/
dropfile.to/SPOD727
privatebin.net/?4c0fb59e63e8271e#irS3KFaEdtuFxsVM4xzQ4/llXLhSz0oZLV9WuOEUHBc=
youtu.be/SxNdQJSlg54
mobile.twitter.com/jeamland/status/964579628085002241
reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/7xapx2/freebsds_new_geek_feminismbased_code_of_conduct
reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/7y5qra/can_someone_tell_me_about_what_the_scope_of_the
reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/7y43fk/censorship_on_rfreebsd/
reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/7zk3z6/benno_rice_says_a_diversity_consultant_will_be/
youtu.be/GfZyrQmAM7o?t=21m19s
lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2018-February/112646.
lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2018-February/112638.
lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2018-February/112647.html
forums.freebsd.org/threads/synth-updated-today-unmantained.59705/
lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2017-February/107225.html
reddit.com/r/BSD/comments/5u7ezi/prominent_freebsd_developer_john_marino_fired_no/
reddit.com/r/TrueOS/comments/7zkkq1/trueos_roc/
over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/01
github.com/zfsonlinux/spl
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OpenBSD is the only BSD.

Nobody here was using FreeBSD in the first place, OP.

/thread

Which one has good ZFS support? Does NetBSD or OpenBSD provide that?

Clearly dragonfly BSD

OpenBSD for firewall/home router.
And DragonFly as the successor of CuckedBSD.

As much as I hate this saying -
Literally this
this board is all talk OP.
everything outside of Arch, Gentoo, Fedora, and Ubuntu, this board is worthless.

OpenBSD has a file system that predates WW2 and possibly WW1.
DragonFly has HAMMER which is native and quite possibly even better than ZFS.

>using any *bsd at all
You deserve it. Nobody uses that shit. Linux already preserves freedoms and Windows has the ease of use. What the fuck did bsd offer that others didn't already do better? It was/is literally useless.

I use FreeBSD. Dunno for how long, though.

Newfag question: what's the app used to generate thoose logo/stats screens?

MacOS

Screen fetch or the newer neofetch

He just rices it for attention. You can tell by the anime ass and open math document so he can pretend that he's sophisticated and knows math above a 9th grade level.

Just ignore it.

Back when I took the shot I think I used bsdinfo.

>others didn't already do better
stability?

>HAMMER
yeah nah they were still finding -25% performance bugs last year, nobody uses this shit

Thanks senpai.

Do you know what deprecated means? It means something else came out and surpasses the original in every manner. Asking what to replace said deprecated thing with when something is deprecated is fucking retarded.

So stable and great that they're being deprecated. You sure are one stupid motherfucker.

Don't be jelly.

In HAMMER1 or HAMMER2?

Salty as fuck senpai. And the sad part is that you projected hard.

not him but he's right

2nd post always the best post. Nobody here uses uesless shit like this, win10 or die faggots.

Stop samefagging. Or are you upset that someone knows that you're just a faggot weeb who uses bsd and pretends to know math? Nigger, you don't know calculus and never use it. You are even more of a tryhard than arch ricefags because you try to be even edgier than them and use a gimped system. Get fucked.

Deprecated things don't change

>you don't know calculus and never use it.
Do you?

No, but I also don't rice out my desktop with anime ass and pretend to know math above my level while posting screenshots and pretending to be cool.

Fact is that you're just a dumb weeb. Deal with it.

>No,
Jelly then. Got it.

>jelly of a guy who pretends he knows math and sits around watching the faggiest anime he can find while using a deprecated OS

people really make too big a deal out of these "next generation" filesystems to the point they're almost just memes. I get why ZFS/BTRFS/HAMMER are useful and fill a need, but they all use up so much in terms of ram and storage resources, that I'd be hard pressed to actually want to run them anywhere other than on dedicated storage/backup machines right now. Once this newer filesystem tech improves in the future I'll see the point in begging for them to be everywhere, but as for now, it's basically just a meme.

That being said, it would be nice if OpenBSD supported something like JFS as an alternative in the meantime.

>every major distro uses systemd
>restrictive GPL everywhere
>preserves freedoms
nigga, you high?

then go use Windows 3.1. That shit's probably stable as fuck by now.

Why do you think math is hard anyway? Calculus in Banach spaces (usually taught in functional analysis courses) is something usually taught to 3rd-4th year undergraduates.

What's that have to do with you faking knowing calculus to gain e-cred on Sup Forums?

>being this mad
Kek

Well, sperging out at someone for reading about math is an odd thing to say the least.

aside from being a proven single point of failure and having been contributed to be loontard "My Software Doesn't Have Bugs" pootring, why is systemd looked at as the end of all things free software? It's super, like, gnu, bro.

seems to be projection

seems rough, bud, you can go back to school for (nearly) free if you try to find resources

zfs isn't in the same teir as that other trash

Good luck using this shit on a desktop.

depends on the implementation. ZFS on Illumos? Definitely not, it's in a league of it's own there. ZFS on FeministBSD/Linux? Ehhhh...

would've been more accurate to say Btrfs isn't in the same teir as the other two, because that is actually legitimately trash. At least HAMMER2 is actually trying to be good.

>waah it uses so much RAM
Well yeah no shit.
>running le uber-minimal (You)nix system.
>wow I have a lot of extra free RAM here, maybe I should put it to good use!

Also, dedicated storage is kinda part of what it’s meant for.

This weird CuC(k) isn't going to last. Hundreds of ports are losing their maintainers.

The Core cuckmittee will be ousted soon

We are not Nodefagz, FreeBSD committers are archetypal brogrammers.

>dedicated storage is kinda part of what it’s meant for
exactly! And that's a niche usecase that can be easily remedied by having a single small illumos install. No need to meme it to death and constantly complain about not having it everywhere just because it's good at that one thing ffs.

They (or at least ZFS) use more RAM because they cache the most often-accessed files in memory for faster access. Sounds pretty handy to me

*Rubs your back vigorously*

>Hundreds of largely stale/irrelevant ports are losing their handful of angry Slavic literal who maintainers.
>The Core cuckmittee will be ousted soon
feel free to get your hopes up, but as a corporate contributor I can tell you right now that's not happening
this shit isn't even seen as a flash in the pan

100% this. The cucks running these kinds of sjw shitshows never see anything as being wrong (other than that "systemic oppression" boogieman), and will gladly sink along with their Titanic.

The only thing you can do, is make the entire project irrelevant as quickly as possible by flocking to alternatives. Let the free market drive them out of what little relevancy they have.

Is that rossario vampire?

If you guys want undeniable proof that this project is over, just check this shit:

reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/81ai58/developers_discuss_the_code_of_conduct/

dropfile.to/SPOD727

OpenBSD and DragonflyBSD

it is

here's a pastebin of that

OpenBSD CoC:

Tits or GTFO

Did Netcraft confirm this?

So you're the one special snowflake who just had to jump ship to a BSD when Linux become too mainstream on Sup Forums, huh?

>cartan differential calculus
lol
You are such a pathetic roleplayer.

>Linux become too mainstream on Sup Forums
I have only used linux on HPC clusters. My own computers run FreeBSD or windows.

>roleplayer?
Huh?

Since FreeBSD made it's name by porting things from Solaris, why not to go upstream?

Doesn't *BSD have a special problem with SSDs?

Not that I know of. I run OpenBSD on an SSD.

Now I remember.

what happened

kek you probably shouldn't
There's literally no TRIM support in openbsd

NetBSD for nerdy nerds
OpenBSD for geeky nerds

A lot of bullshittery:
youtu.be/SxNdQJSlg54

mobile.twitter.com/jeamland/status/964579628085002241

reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/7xapx2/freebsds_new_geek_feminismbased_code_of_conduct

reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/7y5qra/can_someone_tell_me_about_what_the_scope_of_the

reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/7y43fk/censorship_on_rfreebsd/

reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/7zk3z6/benno_rice_says_a_diversity_consultant_will_be/

youtu.be/GfZyrQmAM7o?t=21m19s

lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2018-February/112646.

lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2018-February/112638.

lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2018-February/112647.html

forums.freebsd.org/threads/synth-updated-today-unmantained.59705/

lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2017-February/107225.html

reddit.com/r/BSD/comments/5u7ezi/prominent_freebsd_developer_john_marino_fired_no/

>implying I download your keyloggers
nice try alexei

wow. Thanks for the links. How long until identity politics is finally driven back into mental wards?

Man that Twitter meltdown was hard to read..

Seems like we lost another company to the "muh inclusion" police.

I like how this one contributor put it:

>>"It (the COC) is a set of principles that guide how we interact."

>Once we were taught this as children.

I was. Was.

Does hammer supports nfsv4 acls or extended attributes?

see

I hope there is fork

Can the idiots on this website shut the fuck up

No. And neither does the new version.

>t. FeministBSD core team
cry harder soyboy

What do I replace FreeNAS with?

OpenIndiana/OmniOS?

TrueOS also has a server variant I believe, and they're not cucked:
reddit.com/r/TrueOS/comments/7zkkq1/trueos_roc/

Since TrueOS is a tweaked FreeBSD as soon as FreeBSD goes to shit it'll take TrueOS with it.

Doesn't watching that violate the BSD code of conduct, you oppressive sexist heteronormative shitlord?

If you want some functionality: hardenedBSD
If you don't need basic features: openBSD

crazy how well anime girls know me

That's funny because the same people make mental illness an ad hominem argument and contribute to this kind of threads, which is not what I would call "mentally stable". (As if a post-traumatic stress disorder wasn't a natural and rational thing in a singular species' chain of evolution, unlike an infection, btw. Although the fever, the chills, etc. are the result of the organism adapting to these aggressions. Just like a post-traumatic stress disorder.)

I'm thinking of switching to Open Indiana, but I need to figure out how to get it to work on my Ryzen hardware. Real Unix.

What are the differences between GNU/Linux and BSD? What BSD should I install if I want to make a switch from linux to BSD?

i'm not even remotely interested in reading a fuckton of mail by some people I don't give a fuck about
give me the juicy bits

>differences between GNU/Linux and BSD?
different licenses and different developement model
over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/01

Is it worth watching?
I'm ill in bed and need some shit to pass the time that doens't need much brain to work.

ur mom is deprecated

You shouldn't use ZFS outside of Solaris anyways.

TrueOS

>Huh?
>my alleged computing and reading habits are totally my own and not bullshit meant to impress normies with my amazing intellect and elite hacking skillz
That might actually work in the real world, but not so much on Sup Forums. It's painfully obvious you're larping, and it's kinda funny.

>Doesn't watching that violate the BSD code of conduct, you oppressive sexist heteronormative shitlord?

It's cool as long as he identifies as a little girl. They're "sex positive" now, so any depraved shit goes unless it's plain heterosexual sex,.

Opinions on DragonFlyBSD?

Literally who?

>ZFS on FeministBSD/Linux
It's the same thing but with a solaris compat layer

github.com/zfsonlinux/spl