Daily driven distro for lazy fucks/noobs

thread to discuss GNU plus Linux distro of choice to use as a daily driver for someone who don't want to spend too much time setting it up, or for family members that don't know shit about computers

bloat meme aside ubuntu come to mind first since it's the first popular user friendly linux, but what about manjaro? and with what DE?
considering the uses are going to be mainly mail/office stuff/internet/media

also more personal question, does evolution work well out of the box outside of GNOME? i realy don't like GNOME

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6P4z5Wwp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

I personally use manjaro and either recommend it or Ubuntu. That being said, manjaro gives me less trouble than ubuntu.

Mint+KDE, tho you need about half an hour to set it up(like turning on firewall, install msfonts, drivers, DE settings, etc

either recent ubuntu
or kde neon

suse is pretty okay once you've got video codecs/third party repo stuff set up

Antergos with KDE or Gnome

Fresh install of Gentoo should do the trick

Antergos is nice and all, but it's ugly out of the box, "lazy fucks" won't use it
on the other hand Manjaro is already prepared

but isn't mint a bit outdated, how is it better than another debian based distro?

LEL

PCLinuxOS, because comes with non-free firmware, codecs, java, virtualbox, and WINE preconfigured by default, but at the same time a modified kernel specifically for desktops, all GUI applications, and configuration and installation is graphical.

A noob distro needs noob software pastebin.com/6P4z5Wwp

LOL, have fun with non-standard arch repos.

What about deepin?
I’m a noob and it’s what I use. Very pretty and easy to install and configure.

Solus, it's the only distro meant for ordinary people (besides Ubuntu), it has drivers and third party software available by default in its repos.

What's the best distro for VFIO?

I want to move to Linux as my host OS, but want to use VFIO and GPU passthrough to keep my games.

openPepe with Xfce
>its the only whey
>it just werks®
But it's not as comfy as with gnome
>da perfect workflow
>mfw edgy teenagers are angry because muh sjws

>openSUSE
>GNOME
i think you couldn't have chosen worse setup

ZorinOS Lite
The only set up is adding Compton and enabling it on boot to fix screen tearing.

SolusOS
Simple and easy as fuck distro to use.

Linux Mint is the answer.

Linux Mint: seamless Nvidia driver installation

That logo is cool and uncanny at the same time