Now we have these ugly ass fucking lcd panels instead

now we have these ugly ass fucking lcd panels instead.

fucking cheap ass car makers.

tech ruined car dials.

they did it to motorcycles too. I fucking hate digital shit. At least my s1000rr has an analogue rev gauge

You do realise your "analog" dials are also electronically controlled right?

I love how the shitbox polo and the V10 R8 supercar share the same instrument cluster

VAG is gotta VAG

I think it would be cool if highdpi oled screens are used. But if they use some gay ass TN 96DPI screen, it's shit, yes.
> t. someone who never sat in a car with digital gauges

>tech ruined car dials
Dials, except for few extremely strict and expensive ones, are shit. They take a lot of space for nothing, and they have to go.

The actual question is why the fuck do car makers insist on putting dials on lcd screens.

>BMW

I still have no fucking clue why they use LCDs only to print dials instead of printing the information valueble to the driver as just a number. Why on earth do you need a ascale and a needle?

Car makers and car drivers are such massive retards jesus.

t. somebody who doesn't know how the human brain works

because they can't upsell analogue dials but if they say" hey it's got all the bells and whistles and this lcd screen that can detect when your balls are seaty" then they can add a nice number to the price.

t. somebody who thinks that human brain evolved to understand dials better despite the fact that technology facilitating use of dials existed for a small fraction of overall humanity's existence

you're just used to it - hence my statement about car drivers being massive retards.

>dials are bad

This thing is so stupid. If only there was a way to see what's in front of my car, oh wait this dashboard front camera display solved this problem for me. Awesome! Now I can finally see what's in front of my car!

$1000 repair if pixel ded

>cars
ishygddt

now?
my mum's 80's mitsubishi had an LCD speedometer

These digital dials would be absolutely based if they were hackable.

Imagine being able to watch anime on that thing. Or being able to see the speed in meter/second or lengthsofshrek/minute. Imagine being able to see any live data from the engine in real time, whenever you want.
Not just the boring
>hurr u started me, let me dial from lowest to highest once and here's the KM/h / mph
on a shitty non-OLED screen that lights up your face at night.

how about just a row of led's which display your speed/rpm/fuel level/etc in binary

that would be bloat slowing you down and increasing fuel consumption

how about hacking the digital display dial that's already there in the first place

>all these weeb permavirgins who are too poor to own a car
It's not a surprise considering the board

>Imagine being able to watch anime on that thing

>watches loli tentacle hentai while driving
>causes 3 lane pileup on the M62

You can already get a cheap ELM327 interface with Bluetooth that plugs into the OBDC port in your car that will let you see all sorts of realtime data from the engine that may not otherwise be displayed (boost pressure, actual road speed that hasn't been tweaked up by a few MPH to make you think you're driving faster than what you really are, etc, etc), assuming it's no big deal to use a smartphone or a tablet, or you have rigged up some monstrosity with a raspberry pi and touchscreen to replace your in-car CD player.

>You can already get a cheap ELM327 interface with Bluetooth
Lots of cool stuff you can do with OBD, but you won't read much about it here since most anons are poor carless city-dwelling scum

Ignoring the weeb bit but I had a similar idea once. Replace my dials with some on-board computer that can do all kinds of statistical/real time data analysis of the car.
Too bad my car is just a little older than the mandatory OBDII, so the idea was never implemented.

>using pictures instead of words to express your feelings because you have the brain of a retarded child

I feel like LCD screens would be better for a lot of non analog information though.
Example, I drive a truck. I can't have digital air pressure gagues because they're directly tied into the air system.
However there's no reason not to have digital speed and rpm gauges.

Technology (Californian jizzstain) will ruin a lot more than the gauge cluster.
Tesla is gonna be heralded as the new Rolls Royce or something, thanks to soy drinking faggots and then all the real car manufacturers are gonna start pandering to the lowest common denominator by cutting down the costs like real dials and gear shifters. Ultimately, unless auto pilot becomes a reality, I think driving is gonna become dangerous as all fuck thanks the to the in-built iPads that cars are gonna ship with. Not cause people are stupid enough to use the iPad for entertainment, but because basic fucking functionality is gonna move to the giant ass tablet that's off fucking center from the driver. You're gonna need two people to pilot a car in the future.
Now, the above scenario is what would happen if autopilot technology doesn't take off. In reality, it will. But ultimately it's botnet.

technology RUINED cars

The 90s were some of the best we've ever gotten .

What I hate is they give people so much shit over phones and "distracted driving" yet these wuto makers want us to take attention off the road with touch screen controls that you can't get a feel for.

Touchscreens, electric power steering, direct injection emissions, more and more weight. A lot has gone wrong.

Oh no fuel injection, what a nightmare

Why the fuck isn't "V10" on the Tach instead of the speedo? Holy fuck that's retarded

Why do they feel the need to remind you it has a v10

both of these

Humans read (linear) sizes much better than angles, dials are retarded skeuomorphism. Bars would be much better.

no

That's fucking beautiful. And yeah, I agree. Just look at this garbage.