I GODDAMN FUCKING HATE AMD SO MUCH

I GODDAMN FUCKING HATE AMD SO MUCH

Other urls found in this thread:

channelpro.co.uk/news/10754/dont-expect-many-amd-chips-in-our-products-says-dell
fool.com/investing/2018/02/19/intel-admits-that-its-10-nano-technology-is-behind.aspx
extremetech.com/computing/184323-intel-stuck-with-1-45-billion-fine-in-europe-for-unfair-and-damaging-practices-against-amd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

meh. They'll have their own spectre discovered in a few months since they directly copy Intel on everything...

why?

Are you a Cyrix man?

>I hate competition
>I love paying $600 for a Celeron
>I love monopolies and corporations abusing their power

gas the jews

Seconded. I buy Intel most of the time but I'm glad AMD exists to keep up the competition.

Retrobright the niggers!

rape war now!

lol

you are the reason gpus are so fucked

this, fuck Intel

SOPA MACACO?

>board full of open source autists and anti-corporatism fags
>cry about a company working with the open source community

you guys deserve everything you get

go away juan

I would have a puirely AMD PC right now if AMD had working graphic drivers for Linux

Seriously, Alien Isolation claims the hardware is not supported on Linux.
It was co-developed with AMD and has their logo on the startup screen

amdgpu is still fairly new and not everything is on place yet. if you want "serious" (cough) gaming on Linux you're better off with nvodya for now

poor intel..:(

The os driver is damn near perfect at this point.

Stop using a shitty distro with old kernels and mesa drivers.

Why does a screenshot of AMD stock prices trigger you so much?

t. r5 1600 owner, laughing at shills on both sides

Poor intel.

Do you even understand how stock market works? Everythings on red today because of Trump’s trade war remarks. You have to look at the longer term trends.

>AMD finally competitive in the CPU-space
>but now gfx-cards cost an arm and a leg
it's not fair

>RAM and GPU prices through the roof
i wish bitcoin never happened.

And this is on top of the still inflated prices from that Hynix fire like 5 years ago.

I'm happy with my 7700Kelvin desu

|||||||||||\|||||||||||

This was true a year ago, but Nviddia drivers became so but ridden the extra performance is barely worth it

Nice false flag
Just be happy

The "longer term trends" like the one week graph above that you're defending? Try to be less obvious, Joao.

>I GODDAMN FUCKING HATE UKRAINIANS SO MUCH

Truth

Dude, it is obvious that you know jack shit about the stock market and just amuse yourself by looking at graphs go higher. The fact of the matter is the headline on OP is retarded (or just old news), AMD investors rode that rocket to the moon on early 2017 when the stock price rose to $14.5, but it will not go above 15 any time soon and you’ll only lose money if you invest in AMD for a while.

>OP

I think it's gonna dip ever so slightly until they have new stuff. Zen+ isn't a big deal. It's probably gonna be just fine, but no mroe than that, and investors will be "meh"
Looking at AMD's debt and the history of the value of their stock will make the fear start to creep in and the stock prices will dip slightly.
That will continue until next time there's great news about them. Eitehr a product that surprises positively, or them gaining a surprisingly large marketshare somewhere.

that reminds me why i'm an AMD fanboy.

Intel is overpriced and corrupt.
Cyrix was just too cheap, and got hurt in their savings by chance when Quake released and Cyrix architecture couldn't drive it.

AMD is fair prices, fair performance. From time to time the best performance, but the corruption office at Intel seems to do a good job of keeping OEM even in hard times.

Don't expect many AMD chips in our products, says Dell

>“Make no mistake about it,” he said at MWC in Barcelona today, “Intel is the big player, AMD is the second player. There's enough diversity between them that there are use cases to have them both in our portfolio, but just the sheer breadth of the Intel processor portfolio is massive compared to even the accelerated AMD world.”

>According to Roese, while AMD still absolutely has a place in the processor market, the number of different models offered by Intel means that there is little value in producing an AMD-powered variant of every product in its portfolio.

>“AMD is doing some interesting things, and by adding them to the portfolio we pick up a few extra areas, but let's be very clear: there is a huge, dominant player in compute semiconductors, and then there is a challenger which is doing some very good innovative work called AMD, but the gap between them is quite large in terms of market share and use-cases. So our portfolio is not going to change in any meaningful way.”

channelpro.co.uk/news/10754/dont-expect-many-amd-chips-in-our-products-says-dell

AMD BTFO

You guys will fight over anything
Even if not a single one of you have ever been to /biz/
Here's one for ya

That's probably fine. DELL will keep sticking AMD in their servers and nowhere else.
I think AMD can live with that.

>dell
>not intel puppet
kek

It's not just games. blender and DaVinciResolve too. And I dunno if AMD can do CUDA or something similar

Oh my fucking god there is nothing virtuous about buying an amd cpu you self-ritious fucking faggit.

I was gonna buy a Dell 1440P IPS panel for my photography work because I thought they had learned their lesson after that 1 billion dollar intel fine for bribing dell.

Guess I'll go with AOC like always then

how many CPUs did he eat?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo

And there's no prestige in an mercedes, and the liberal americans aren't "saved" in the own minds.

yeah, it's poised for a breakout.

Putting on my Sup Forums hat: Intel is full of Jews so of course it is corrupt and money grubbing.

pic related it's the equivalent of AMD creating new ideas and methodologies for their processors

Told you fags to stick with FX CPUs.

why is the 8 bit guy such a stereotypical fucking beta white male. his dorkiness is unnerving me

you mean meltdown

oh no you didn't, because you don't even know what you're talking about

Dell is historically a company bribed heavily by intel

All of them.

Retard

delet dis please

fool.com/investing/2018/02/19/intel-admits-that-its-10-nano-technology-is-behind.aspx

NOOOO! NIGGAHERTZ WAS MEANT TO SAVE US THIS TIME!!

Potatoniggers love the jew shekels.

AMD CPUs are affected by sysret_ss_attrs null_seg spectre_v1 spectre_v2. They are, unlike Intel, not affected by Meltdown (which is worse). It's further interesting to note that AMD, not Intel, came up with x86-64 which is a instruction set (ab)used by all modern Intel CPUs. AMD did not copy this from Intel, they invented it.

This so much. You have to appreciate how Ryzen made four cores a minimum and six and eight cores common and readily available even if you're a die-hard Intel fanboy.

>i wish bitcoin never happened
People haven't been mining BTC with GPUs for half a decade. If you mean people like me who bought computers and 4k monitors and cars and stuff with BTC profits then that's kind of misdirected, I seriously doubt enough computers and GPU have been bought with BTC profits to make any measurable impact on their availability.

Looks like there will be some support at $10, enough to ride a bounce anyway. If that doesn't hold then it'll find more support around $5.

The history of Intel and Dell criminal conspiracy is decades old and it's in no way shocking that these criminals are still in bed with each other.
extremetech.com/computing/184323-intel-stuck-with-1-45-billion-fine-in-europe-for-unfair-and-damaging-practices-against-amd

>< It's further interesting to note that AMD, not Intel, came up with x86-64 which is a instruction set (ab)used by all modern Intel CPUs. AMD did not copy this from Intel, they invented it.

>one week view

Surely this will stop AMD.

That's in fact the exact opposite, but to know that you would've to have been into CPUs for longer than the last 10 years.

That TSMC is ahead of Intel and AMD's partner GlobalFoundries doesn't really make one of them better than the other, they are both falling behind mobile chip makers in terms of performance per watt. I seriously believe and expect mobile phone SOCs to eventually take over notebooks and eventually desktops too.

I have a tablet with a Atom CPU from when Intel was trying very hard to get into the mobile space. It's the worst piece of trash lagdroid I've every seen or used. Didn't know when I ordered it, wouldn't if I knew just how bad it is. Another similarly priced 7" tablet from two years earlier with a Mediatek CPU is significantly snappier. The Intel tablet is extremely slow and it will overheat and shut down after a 5 minute long YouTube video.

Plus the entire market had an adjustment this week after Powell announced that the fed was increasing economic projections for q3 and q4 meaning larger interest rate hikes. At least we finally have a fed chair willing to do the painful part of keynesian economics and slow down the bull market

NOOOOO

>I seriously believe and expect mobile phone SOCs to eventually take over notebooks and eventually desktops too.
Notebooks, absolutely, its already happening on lower end models and limited use systems such as chromebooks. There's just such a major benefit to battery life, and markets have shown that notebook users care much more about battery life and compactness than raw compute power. Especially now that dedicated crypto, a/v decoding and gpu cores are available on most ARM SOCs meaning that multimedia runs fine even on a weak core.

On desktops it won't happen, at least not on traditional full/mid atx scale rigs or on workstations. There just isn't the efficiency benefit on desktops, since electricity is cheap and cooling is easy. However, I expect a rise in small form factor desktops for light media creation use, something with the intel nuc form factor but low cost arm chips and passive cooling

Their premades in my country are overpriced garbage with only Intel's integrated graphics and they're selling it at a price which only an absolute retard would pay.

>he doesn't know it's actually Intel the one who copies AMD's 64 bit extensions

Not to mention the fact that the market is throwing a hissy fit at the slightest whisper of a trade war on steel and aluminium (rightly so, mind you)

Blame the street shitters who want crypto currencies to be mined exclusively on GPUs (aka, ehterium and the like). Their heart is in the right place to prevent consolidation, but unfortunately they are lacking the 30 more i.q. points to not be retarded and chose this method.

p.s. mining bitcoin on a gpu means you want to turn your graphics card into a space heater.

>mining bitcoin on a gpu means you want to turn your graphics card into a space heater.
You may or may not be aware of this but in several parts of the world it's space heating that makes mining anything on a GPU extremely attractive this time of the year, it's basically the case August-March in my part. Even if you just generate enough from mining to break-even on your electricity cost you still have the major benefit of free heat.

That guy is the reason they're not allowed to call them "chips" anymore in the hardware industry.