Winamp Visualizations

Nothing compares to these. With Winamp's death, I can't find any music players with comparable ones (Winamp modders made huge libraries).

Is it possible to import old winamp visualizations into other music players like itunes?

youtube.com/watch?v=k1ksSDny8W8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NjQsEtSq5gs?t=4m49s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can make AIMP use Winamp plugins.

>posting nuwinamp
2.* was the last good winamp

I considered cropping out the player and just leaving the image. I stopped using winamp years ago but it never gave me any problems really, and i had fun with the plugins and extensive themes for the player itself, plus you could easily add codecs to it and it could play FLAC. Did the newest versions change that?

I'm hesitant to use Russian software. I think Winamp is German.

You can still download the old winamp asswipe. Can you even use google?

Winamp is abandonware, why would I download something that gets no updates? I want to use Winamp Visualizations with Itunes, and so far google hasn't given me a good method.

The best visualizations where on AVS (Advanced Visualization Studio)
There were some amazing authors, making crazy graphics with pure maths
EL-VIS was my favorite author I think
God, I miss Winamp, so much creativity, computers are so boring now

why do you care though? is not like it needs security updates, or it needs to support more formats or some shit like that.

Projectm is a modern milkdrop implementation that can run all your old presets and supports a few music players stock.
Not for visualize-her though.

> Nothing compares to these.
Wallpaper Engine is where most animated waifus (also sound responsive dancing mikus and such) are found now.

Even those not originally developed for wallpaper engine generally end up there.

> he thinks his musicplayer need updates

Thank you.
Well that's a good point, but an active project might have things that Winamp doesn't.

what the actual fuck

Example:
youtu.be/NjQsEtSq5gs?t=4m49s

System Animator packaged into Wallpaper Engine. Granted, while weeb enthusiasm for modeling and animating is basically unmatched, not all are technologically entirely up to par. For example in this one, you can see it's not grabbing the streaming system sound but instead you hand the music file TO the engine.
A few others can do stuff with the system sound, and there are also abstract visualizations.

Even so, WE still has a to date unrivaled amount of free desktop waifus with a LOT of work behind them. Nothing ever had more.

Fuck it
For wallpapers like that the botnet is worth it
What's the point on staying on GNU/Linux when Windows can do this

This is really cool, didn't even know it was a thing.

Heh. Well, most of the video / web / ... wallpapers could probably run on Linux, but the nipponese dancing engines and wallpaper engine itself unfortunately can't.

So yea, I guess you have to switch or virtualize for this.

Yea, it's pretty quaint. Also has a good number of interactive waifus that react in simple ways to mouse movements and clicks.

Just expect the usual. Lots of artists, but not that many pieces of great software (it's not exactly like the demoscene). Still easily worth some time if you like animu waifus.

The pure maths graphics that were available on winamp were the best, best, best visualizations, I agree.

See for essentially this.

Personally, they tend to bore me rather quickly.

Foobar2000 can use some of Winamp's visualisations with foo_vis_speck.

No, sorry
All the hardware accelerated and open gl based visualizers like milkdrop had nothing on AVS
AVS was amazing, maybe you don't believe me, but if you experienced what beautiful visualizations could be developed on AVS
AVS was the best

>if you experienced what beautiful visualizations could be developed on AVS
I didn't develop, but I saw these.

Nothing really all that interesting once you've seen the demo scene and video games and all that stuff. There wasn't anything THAT amazing that was done with audio-reactiveness and the art isn't at all measuring up to the aforementioned's standards.