What kind of camera do you own Sup Forums? What kind of photography do you do?

What kind of camera do you own Sup Forums? What kind of photography do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

thephoblographer.com/2017/04/10/review-ricoh-gr-ii-one-of-the-best-compact-cameras-weve-ever-tested/
flickr.com/photos/tonykaku/albums/72157693085326565
flic.kr/p/YHhrVc
flic.kr/p/FcBQY1
youtube.com/watch?v=FwKrQC47GDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nikon Df

>phone
>I take photos of texts so I don't have to write it down

d7100 d90 f60

Canon 600d (Rebel T3i)
I mostly take urbex photos

>sugar moonlights for AMD

Panasonic Lumix FX1000

I mean FZ1000

Sony a6000 with 3 lenses:
>Minolta 50mm f/1.7 (pic related)
>Samyang 8mm f/2.4
>Meike 35mm f/1.7

Less than 500€ with all 3 lenses

>What kind of camera do you own Sup Forums?
Sony Alpha 65. It's a weird mix between a DSLR and an mirorless, but in practice it's awesome.
>What kind of photography do you do?
The kind no one likes, abstract.

Any recommendations for a small lightweight camera to do some super casual photography with?
I have no real experience and was just using my phone up until now. The formfactor of that fucking sucks for taking pictures though and I assume I'd be able to take better ones with a dedicated camera anyways, so I'm looking for something nice and cheap to lug around with in my bag when I'm out and about.

X-T10
Creep

Same but with nicer lenses. 90mm FE Macro, 30mm Sigma f/1.4, 12mm Samyang f/2 and a bunch more.

A better camera body and more high-end glass is on the list to buy when my income increases again.

> What kind of photography do you do?
Product shots as community service for a related internet community, product shots for privately selling stuff, digitizing inherited negatives.

And the usual family, event and travel photos (could include just about every larger category of photography here).

> cheap
> small
> lightweight
> nice image quality
Pick maybe two of these.

get an APS-C mirrorless from Sony like the Alpha 6000

Ricoh GR ii

thephoblographer.com/2017/04/10/review-ricoh-gr-ii-one-of-the-best-compact-cameras-weve-ever-tested/

mah nigga

technology has advanced significantly enough that cameras with these qualities are actually common and are seen on most decent cellphones. also see and

Maybe if you pick Canon

I'm sure your "nice image quality" is a huge level above what I consider a nice image. Probably the same with small and lightweight.
It doesn't have to be anything special, obviously, just something I can mess around with a bit to see if I have fun doing it and want to consider investing into something better.

Is there anything a bit cheaper you'd say is worth looking into or would you say the ~500$ line is where you'd make the cut off?
I don't really know if I want to spend that much for now.
Then again I could probably sell them if I end up not really getting into it.

> are seen on most decent cellphones
Exactly.

Based on what user said I actually placed the bar a bit above what a decent smartphone can do.

So it'd have to be a decent MFT or APS-C or higher end compact, something with a decent sensor and lens.
You'll generally hit issues with what people consider cheap, lightweight, small etc.

If you just want to take photos of technology, consider any mid-level Micro Four Thirds or APS-C mirrorless camera.

flickr.com/photos/tonykaku/albums/72157693085326565

All taken with the Olympus EPL-1, Lumix Lumix lx100 and Sony a6000.

> I'm sure your "nice image quality" is a huge level above what I consider a nice image. Probably the same with small and lightweight.
I'm not so sure. I didn't even think of the more enthusiast or professional gear.

Smartphone cameras are really rather good in decent light. E.g:
flic.kr/p/YHhrVc
flic.kr/p/FcBQY1

Something notably better has more cost and size (for the lens as well as the body, particularly if you don't want the high end of the most compact lenses) and weight.

But who knows, maybe you'd be happy with an older RX100 (I-IV, V costs a bit still) or such if the smartphone you had didn't have a good sensor.

WAS FRANKFURT SÜDBAHNHOF EINS GEGEN EINS BIS NUR NOCH EINER STEHT

nikon d750, best fucking camera i ever laid hands on
landscapes, cityscapes, portraits, macro

>$1800 dollars

You spent this much on a camera? Why?

Why do people spend more money than they absolutely have to on anything?

phone numbers on the doors of work trucks to call later for an estimate.

Several good reasons depending on the item. I'd like to hear that reason for a camera.

t. smartphone child

Well my guess would be the camera's features, the lens selection, and the benefits of a full frame sensor.

You can buy pic related new for less than $200USD here in Japan. I think in America they sell for more than $500USD. Not sure why.

You need better glass.

I have a Sony A550 DSLR and about $1500 in lenses in storage

Very new to taking pictures and I'm only doing cosplay stuff
Using a D90 w/ a 50mm 1.8
How do I learn pls help me

Just start by learning what every setting on your camera does, and what it means to your image. Every. Single. One.

d800, d5100 and bagful of lenses

can you text and phone on that thing?
is it a touchscreen phone?

Are these any good? They look pretty effay

Canon EOS KISS X4

Gear360 for panoramic photos

Canon 1dx/5d2, 6 lenses mostly f/1.4 sigma primes.
I shoot live music and events

Pantecks K-1
Snapshits, of course

you probably spent $1000 on an instagram goytoy and another $1000 on a graphics card to browse Sup Forums

Sony A6000, mainly birds and nature/landscapes right now. I kinda regret not going M43 instead when I made the switch from Nikon to Sony since the lens selection for telephoto lenses for Sony is still pretty ass but it's a great camera.

I spent $1000 on your mom to get 2000 blowjobs

E-mount telephoto lens selection is good if you've got some serious $$$.
(I don't.)

Neither do I, I have the 18-105 f/4 and the cheapo 55-210 right now. At least you can adapt Canon glass but it's not exactly an ideal solution.

Considering getting a Canon 1300d with standard kit lens and a 75-300 double lens bundle as my first DSLR

You can slap a magnifier on the 55-210, get a bit more out of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=FwKrQC47GDo

I can live with AUTO, in case you want to borrow the camera to your aunt or something, but why does a camera like that have an "effects" setting on the dial?

Even expensive cameras are bought by dads.

Mine is less expensive and doesn't have that shit.