JavaScript was a mistake

JavaScript was a mistake.

so was mozilla

it has its flaws, but it's pretty awesome for quick and dirty shit

What a bloated piece of shit

python should replace js as the browser scripting language

God can you imagine how horrible this would be

how?

Enjoy your Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook.

let me guess...because of SJWs? what's your beef with mozilla?

I don't think JS is so horrible. Rather it's the nature of web development that necessitates a language such as JS.

It wasn't a mistake, it just sucks.

>blaming a tool
>not blaming the incompetent programmers who bloat up everything

Scripting does not belong in a web browser.

JS was a mistake.
It's only slightly better than flash.

Late 90's and early 2ks were horrid.
Multiple popups, flashing adverts, non-static banners, fake desktop alterts, stealthed toolbar installation.

At least the majority of websites would function with it disabled but it appears JS is going the next step.

JS:
>bloated
>meta data tracking
>vuln to crypto mining
>vuln to keyloggers
>vuln to XSS
>non-redistributable like flash
>non-free
>DRM just like flash

Why can't we just have Html/5+CSS+PHP and be happy?
REEEEEEe

and we can sit down and debate whether or not it is a good idea or if hitler did nothing wrong until we die but it won't change the fact that it already happened and is already implemented.
No amount of anyone's bitching will suddenly cause JS to disappear from all web browsers.

Who is this semen demon?

That's like proclaiming in 2007 that Flash and Java are forever (and that the iPhone was doomed because it didn't support either), and yet here we are.

No, webassembly should.

most people who criticize js are noobs who're still stuck in jquery, pre es6/typescript era, no one should even waste time on arguing with retards like you

>PHP
>happy
Nope

Fag-hater Brandolf Reich is /ourguy/ and JS is /ourlang/

It kinda is. I wish it we use something decent and less bloat like Lua.

I prefer Edge.

So what is its replacement?

Coffeescript

I cant believe how bad the mapping methods over arrays are in ES6, they are a complete joke. The problem with Javascript is it was designed to use C syntax, so it uses C-like for loops where you manually have to increment variables when most other modern scripting languages use some kind of for-in or for-each. ES6's foreach is a joke too. ES6 tries to maintain backwards compatibility with ES5 so they can really never fix it, they have to start with a clean slate with Coffeescript.

web assembly

and hopefully some replacement/improvement to html/css for client side rendering so we don't need bloat javscript UI frameworks on the client to create any reasonable SPA.

it fucking was.

>replacing shit with even more shit
wew lad

I'm not happy they gays won, but I'm happy eich lost

>multiple privacy oriented extensions set up to paranoid levels
>about:config set up to paranoid levels
>a home-brew gender-neutral search GET request / extension for Quant

No, it's web 2.0 that was a mistake.

web 2.0 monkeys get html and css wrong too.

What's wrong with it?

Yes.

I'm looking for an old article, I think it was written by some Microsoft guy, where he rants about how awful JavaScript and how it doesn't abort on errors for example.
It was titled something along the lines of "Burn it all down"

But I can't find it.

>reopens last closed tab
Like Ctrl+Shift+T?

Yes, but quicker to reach.

If there's anything redeeming Microsoft nowadays, it's their push for TypeScript.

JavaScript made AJAX aka Web 2.0 possible.