What's the newest notebook computer that has parallel and serial port(s)?

What's the newest notebook computer that has parallel and serial port(s)?

I don't plan on using the technology, I just want to be able to look at the ports every once in a while. They're fascinating to me and I really miss them on my current PC.

Dont know mate

Nice quads. I would get a Panasonic Toughbook: they are used for scientific field experiments and also military shit I believe.

>I don't plan on using the technology, I just want to be able to look at the ports every once in a while.
Jesus christ

Would a CF-19 Mk4 be good? I can't figure out if any in the CF-53 series have the ports I'm looking for.

This is stupid. Just get a sticker of them printed and stick it on your modern laptop.

Parallel ports are actually really great, they're easily addressable by the user so can be used to interface with absolutely anything you like, no proprietary "USB controller board" or anything of the like required.

Thinkpad T60 with that adapter for the CD slot.

You sound autistic.

Goto radioshack, buy some ports, hot glue them to your laptop.
Done.

I like this idea. Any idea where I can buy the Ultrabay Slim Serial/Parallel Port Adapter? I can't find any on Ebay.

Hi friends, I have realized that I can buy an expansion dock module for my current computer (IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet mode) that will allow me access to parallel and serial ports on the back. This can be had for only $20 or $30. I will get this. Your services are no longer required!~

I seem to recall some docking stations still have them for laptops off HP and Lenovo

Awesome, I just found out I have one in the back of my HP Probook docking station

Dell stopped making new laptops with E dock ports like a year ago, but you can still get a 6th gen i7 laptop, ddr4, and an M.2 drive. Add pic realted

That's all well and good, but I'm still going to invoice you as per my terms of service.

Invoice AnonCo
0003453 123 A Fucking Foot Lane
GNOME, LennartsVille, F00F
The Discordant State of SystemD

Dated 2018/03/03

Item/Service Rendered EA QTY/HRS TOTAL

Consulting services 150 1 HR 150

TOTAL $ 150
+TAX $ 15
GRAND TOTAL $ 165

NET 7 DAYS

Parallel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> USB-C

I remember using printers back then on parallel, but I never used serial. What is it for?

>I don't plan on using the technology, I just want to be able to look at the ports every once in a while
Degenerate.

The Precision 7000 line still has them. I have one of those docks and tested it a few months ago and it worked. They moved the connector all the way to the back so you need a spacer though...

>"Anything you like"

You mean, "anything that has a 1284 parallel interface and isn't a printer", which is effectively "nothing".

You might as well be advocating for telex

Just look at this

Only post in this that makes sense

Before USB. anything external and somewhat slow speed that you plugged into your PC was most likely serial. This could be anything from a mouse, digital camera, modem you name it.
Serial was and still is highly used in industrial equipment and hardware development because it's simple and robust.

I unironically still use a rs-232 adapter so I'd love a serial port 12" ultra portable laptop for GPIO/SPI/I2C ect programming.

It's not the first time I snapped a $1 usb dongle handing a couple inches off the side of the laptop.

Probably with a dock and not the actual laptop.
Serial works perfectly fine with USB adapters though, even over DOSBox for DOS applications.