What's your favorite IM client Sup Forums?

What's your favorite IM client Sup Forums?

strawpoll.me/15187877

Other urls found in this thread:

totallysafe.website/#/room/#general:banter.city
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like discord, for it's design.
I like mumble for it's ethics.
I like IRC for it's simplicity.
I hate discord for it's popularity.
I use discord due to it's popularity.
Help me Sup Forums.

If you answer anything other than IRC you need to leave.

I don't see gmail.

>for its
not the reason i hate it but
I hate that it's popular. because thats why i have to use it. because if friends dont switch when i do i loose contact.
i hate discord for it's ethics(datamining'z not too oo ethical)
but i hate discord esp cause its ethics are shit and its widely used nonetheless

I use VKontakte

i don't really like how discord is trying to be IRC. i personally just want an IM client. I don't want video or voice chat.

Is riot.im botnet or nah?

Where the fuck is Wire?

It's literally just a client for the fully-open Matrix protocol.

i guess IRC, but i pretty much exclusively use discord.

woops, i meant weechat is my favourite client.

>no MSN messenger

shit poll

so is discord like windows? everyone on Sup Forums says they hate it but still uses it anyways?

g === v
Yes.

mIRC is comfy as hell. If I could slim Discord down to look more like it (tab-style channel selection, minimal spacing between usernames, etc) I'd be a little happier with it than I am currently.

there is no hope left for IRC

It could have been revived if IRCv3 was made sooner, had at least one client designed with fucking retards with 3 brain cells total in mind, and supported more web 2.0 features like ones seen in Discord.

This desu. IRC would be more popular if it was more accessible.

IRC not being popular is disappointing, but also preferable. I don't want it to become some hotspot for discord tier normalfags to hang out.

nope.

WLM

>Discord
>41%
The fuck is wrong with you fags

You soy nigger, IRC isn't an IM client nor is it chat software, it's a protocol.

Mad nigger soyboy faggot. Mad cuz irc is doing good.

Cheeki breeki v i damke

Nu-males are with us.

What is wrong with you? Who uses IRC?

>Anyone who uses something that I don't like is a nu-male
Please nigger

>conflating a criticism of nu-male app to a criticism of everything
Your fragile ego is at play here. I would suggest you seek a nu-male self-esteem boost, aka watch a nu-male e-celeb stream .

You are the one who is conflating that, not me. Get fucked, triplegay

>pol
>not having sidecut hitler youth meme haircut
pls

>left can meme

I like XMPP (Kopete, Conversations) and mumble, but I most commonly use discord, because all my internet friends use that shit :(

AIM is god. It recently got revived on a private server:

iwarg.ddns.net

this. Only this newboy

These threads are made by Discord shills.

I only use IRC. Any person on Sup Forums who doesn't use IRC needs to be shot.

I like Discord because it does everything I want from an IM without doing anything obnoxious, and it allows me to fully opt out of everything I don't want that could become annoying.
A few months ago I would've said no webms and no mp4 embedding is a problem, but now I legitimately can't think of any way they could improve aside from doing a complete overhaul of their overlay and how it works. Needs in-game chat and for some reason Discord overlay specifically fucks up a lot of games and stops you from being able to click on anything.
It could also be a little more light-weight I suppose, but I don't mind it.

no u

Discord has the worst interface i've ever seen.

Steam is worse.

I miss her so much lads

Literally the GOAT pinnacle of desktop IM usage

Gen Zoy will never know any of these feels

Same question.

This.
Discord fags should go back to R*ddit

Discord is a botnet but I use w10 so who am I to complain

>I like discord
>i pretty much exclusively use discord
What do you even talk about on Discord? Is it just vidya? Maybe I am only interested in old man stuff, but no community relevant to me uses Discord. For me it's 85% IRC with some Jabber/Slack/HipChat thrown in.

Missing telegram, shit poll

IRC.
Everything else is useless shit with various levels of shittiness.

imessage.
And then I guzzle a gallon of soy milk, semen flavoured of course.

I use Pidgin, which connects to Slack, a few IRC servers, and Discord. Works fine. I probably would not be available on Discord without Pidgin, the botnet official client is truly a nightmare.

>I like discord, for it's design.
Really funny joke.

IRC is quite possibly more popular than ever, with Twitch using it.

Daily reminder that Slack, and probably Discord, is just a small layer of micro applications that sit on IRC. They use the same terminology, they have the same basic layout and usage. Slack is literally just an IRC server hosting and logging your messages for you, you can even connect to it using your favorite IRC client, but this feature is disabled Hy default.

For those 13 true lads using Riot, don't despair, you're not alone.

Check out #general:banter.city some time for good company.

totallysafe.website/#/room/#general:banter.city is the place to be if you haven't tried Riot already.

For me it's the McChicken

there's no going back

How long will it be until Discord kills IRC?