/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtube.com/watch?v=NxvRb2o5NBU

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NxvRb2o5NBU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

old pond
frog leaping
splash

Seiko makes some beautiful dive watches and that is not one of them.

/wt/ hates every watch I like

Hey man if you like it don't worry about it. Different strokes

I'm gonna lay down for you nice and gay:
Chronographs are dumb.
I don't care about the intricate mechanisms that are required within them, they're dumb, and clutter the dial and you'll never get any use out of them besides
>timing mah steaks!!1
or seeing how long it takes to fill up your piss bottles on a good night

It is the absolute worst of the most common complications. (digital modules exempt from this)

You all know it to be true.
Pic related: chronograph lovers.
checkmate fagtheists
fite me cunts

My current collection.
Looking for a more expensive watch at the moment

You have every base settled except for sporty/diver.
Dressy, casual and compulsory digital are done.
Are you not content?

>Buying a SARB: the saga continues

Fucksake

What type?

Sup m8's?

How have you been?

Rate my awesome dog and my watch.

Cheers

Not all of us m8. Enjoy your watches.

I use chronographs to time my long exposure photography
>checkmate

Nice collection. Maybe a vintage complication or diver?

That's a big fucker. Nice speedy

R8 pls no bully

Wow the voice of reason. You have a good point but I always feel like I need more. I need help.

I’ve been looking at Tudors at around £2k.
Still not decided so I think I need to try a few on.

It's a really big motherfucker indeed.
Thanks m8.

>winner
Well, it could be way worse. 7/10
Cheers

What are you wearing today wt?

Any interesting new acquisitions?

>>Required viewing for new people:
>youtube.com/watch?v=NxvRb2o5NBU

Damn it OP you already posted this one (and it's not funny either). PLEASE make a new video for a new thread.

NASTY VICIOUS PHUCKERS. Watch it again if you don't like it!

Was going to wear my SKX enhanced again, but in light of the fresh new bait, I decided to switch to my Mark 4.5 Speedmaster.

Dont hate us cause you anus.

Pretty much made up my mind on this. Just need to make sure there's nothing better for the money.

BM8180

>being a low energy cuck

Good afternoon, can somebody tell me what model is this: Thanks im advance

hi senpai,
i have been good, bought a couple of watches recently, pic related.

not a fan of dogs or speedys tho

YESSSSSSS

Kia ora bro, long time no see.
Cool doggo, 321 speedy? If so 10/10
Also seconding this guys question

Casio W-100 (commonly nicknamed Marlin, not to be confused with the later Casio diver that is also called Marlin), not really that easy to find for cheap.

FIRST FOR SOLAR

SNE437 FOR EVER

what else have you compared it to?

squale and steinhart have very similar offerings

>vintage aestetics

What is a good new bracelet for my diver?

I've not looked at Squale but the Steinhart ones just don't quite look as good. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check out Squale.

Today's Saturday shift is the fucking purgatory, I want to light the entire fucking mall on fire along with everyone in it. I can't catch a fucking break.

>Soylar

Get a real watch.

How is this not a real watch?

Thanks user, have a nice day!

Wear it in good health!

>Solar battery with max ten year lifespan

vs

>Mechanical movement that will outlive your wife's children

Oris Aquis

$600 for hollow end links. Nice

>$12 battery replacement every decade vs. a $100-$500 manual rebuild every 7 years
More like this!

Also solar is more accurate than a Rolex and won’t die and need to be reset if set down!!

I’m looking for a new bracelet, any suggestions!?

Beg Strapcode to make one for that model (lol) or just buy one of their straight-end ones

A chronograph, to trigger that other user.

Will they?

the oris is nice but it is over twice the price of the christopher ward.. at that point, there are a lot of other luxury diver options

If you keep up your shitposting and you get a few more hundred thousand retards buy that shitter, maybe

Sounds like a plan!

Godspeed

Thank you, thoughts and prayers!

Nice choice of thumbnail user ;)

Redpill me on Megasonics

Forgot pic

Examples please. The more the better.
I do prefer vintage inspired watches smaller than 42mm.

whatcha working on today friendo?

>Uses a battery soldered into the watch
>May not even be produced any more due to advances in battery production/design ten years from now

Your "watch" has just as much planned obsolescence as the average Apple or Sony product, just over a slightly longer timespan.

2/10

nth amphion / nacken

What's a good watch to heal the pain after having to dump a girl with a 9/10 face and body with a sunny personality and great sense of humor because she's got deep emotional issues and the most scattered mind I've ever encountered?

Nobody cares.

NOTHING! I can't work on anything when these fucking proles come in every less that ten minutes with their chink shitters and their fake fucking garbage.

I'd like a Nacken however struggling to find any for sale. How are they best purchased?

She was just so aloof. Sometimes I felt like I was taking care of a child.

I lost the number of times I had to reminder to turn off the engine or headlights of her car before walking away from it. Or reminding her to not leave her credit card, phone or purse on a restaurant table before leaving.

And it's not that she's dumb. She is actually extremely intelligent and holds a very intellectually demanding job.

But she's a damn mess. She's also on anti depressants on a daily basis.

I just couldn't picture a future with her.

Buy an Omega, senpai. It will make you feel better.

rate me /wt/

tossit

This one seems like a good option.

A Hilfiger, because you're most likely gay, user.

Still didn't order a bracelet for this.

Should I even go with a metal bracelet or do you good taste fairies have an alternative?

There are about 3 people worldwide willing to service them.

What's wrong with the mesh? Fits a lot better with vintage watches than modern bracelets I feel.

Is that a lasso?

They're awesome. Be careful of polished examples; most common megasonic cases take polishing very poorly.

Because of the case shape & hooded lugs it will look weird on anything other than the original bracelet. Maybe you could get a leather strap that's as wide as the case at the lugs and notch it down to fit the actual lug width?

REEEEEE i have got extremely angry. Why the fuck nice and classic tool watch submariner release in 50s start to be a fucking normie celebrity watch. For fucks sake it was designed for people who have fucking job to do (underwater etc.) not for nouveau riche celeb pussies who dont have any idea of history of this watch.

Are you saying that celebrities should only be able to wear awful/gaudy shit that you don't like? They're people, too.

>who dont have any idea of history of this watch
How do you know that?

I don't get it

It's 18mm lugs right? Can't you find an 18mm solid link oyster on eBay?

Seriously how the fuck do you find a fake tissot?

Nice kid mauler

Not him, but that case is big enough that he'd need a thick shark mesh to look proportionate. That thin Milanese looks way to thin and reedy compared to the case.

The in-house Pelagos now fills the role of being a serious tool diver.

Looks like hoptroff has stopped selling watches.

terrible finishing

I don't think I want Oyster for this one, maybe Jubilee.

And what do you do underwater?

I may go with mine today too, looking to head out and put a deposit on an M2 this afternoon.

>you can only wear a chronograph if you are a astronaut going to land on the moon

It’s sad but nothing you can do about it. Bandwagon-jumping “me too” hipster dilettantes ruin everything you love eventually.

>the wg bezel is blackporishu so well it makes pic look like a render

Because they are not needeed as tools anymore, so they had to find a new market.

>wah wah wah
>me me me
>everythings an inconvenience to ME

take this advice
but your not only gay you're also a fucking faggot