pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf5f_sku_3blk
adafruit.com/product/2995
youtube.com/watch?v=VvTSLRab7Kg
kinesis-ergo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Atlas-Ergonomics-Totally-Split-Keyboard-Design-March-2010.pdf
kinesis-ergo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/get-study.pdf
input.club/devices/infinity-ergodox/
ultimatehackingkeyboard.com/
amazon.com/Freestyle-Split-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry/dp/B06XSRGK1V/
amazon.com/Freestyle2-Ergonomic-Keyboard-Standard-Separation/dp/B00CMALD3E/
amazon.com/Koolertron-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard-Ergonomic/dp/B076FTKD6F/
amazon.com/Mistel-Ergonomic-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B01MCV3VA4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hi

What the fuck is that? That "keyboard" is retarded
What kind of pretentious asshole would buy this? Less does not mean more.

post more cute keyboards guys

I won't lie. Anything that doesn't follow the Model M layout fails at being a keyboard. So this beautiful beauty gets a pass by me.

Not like What fresh hell did these crawl out of?

>What fresh hell did these crawl out of?
geekhack

I'm more a deskthority kind of guy.

how do you use the keys ?
like enter , ctrl , alt , left right arrow, the numbers , the fn keys ??

i dont understand those small keyboards .

Does Thomas from Thomas' Keyboard Reviews ever post in Sup Forums or are we too low-brow for him?
Does anyone know?

what do you mean? they're right there just use the toggle

im more of a reddit kind of guy.

I see so is this your style

My guess is that:
Pink shift gives you a new layer
Green shift gives you a second new layer
Grey shift gives you a third layer
Possibly shift+shift and shift+shift+shift combos could be layers too.

with QMK it could be any key

or maybe the guy just threw on a bunch of mismatched keycaps to meme and everyone is taking it too seriously

You've got me thinking: How good are 3D-printed keycaps getting? Are there any that don't suck yet?

stay away from 3d printed keycaps

3-d printed keycaps are shit. Most of these are made from silicone molds because they don't look like complete shit. They aren't that expensive to make since the tooling is around 500 bucks and good 3-D printers cost around that. Not to mention that plastic/silicone injection just looks better.

Alright. I'll ask again in six months. I often feel so left out. If you don't have MX mounts, you feel so left out of the custom keycap fun.

,shill me a cheap and nice keyboard, I want to fall for this meme :^)

You say that like there aren't artisans for Topres or buckling springs

>retards actually think % is some form of standard and that every keyboard needs to follow it
look at my reduced 85% keyboard with a 40 dollardos paper printed custom keycap

Are, are there buckling spring keycap collections? What about for the two-piece key caps on the older Model Ms?

When did you get your F? How has it been working out for you?

of course there are. the cheap ones actually just slot into the top piece, while the more expensive ones are one piece
that's not mine it's an original f62

where do ya'll get your keycaps from? This is a lil photoshop mockup of what I'm after

What do you need to make custom keycaps?

Looks like such an amazing biz.

how you made those clean corners including the interior ones, my just look shit

china

you need about $500. You can get cheap presses for 300 bucks on ebay, then another 200 for a custom molds. That price doesn't take into account the complexity of the design tho

Just know that images of $1000 skull keycaps are actually just money laundering. You can get those same keycaps brand new for 20 bucks.
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf5f_sku_3blk

the kira96 is actually happening soon

Press? Why not 3D print them?

What caps?

If you have access to a $10000 industrial grade printer then go for it. Otherwise they'll end up looking like this. Also they aren't as rigid and can break easily.

why not acrylic molding them?
its true you need a CNC machine to build simple molds and a cheap press that heats bottle caps and presses them into the mold but you could also mold them by using acrylic that requires less expensive tools

dont ask in six months or at all. stay away from 3d printed keycaps at all costs

forgot pic

This is what happens when your keys have different profiles, making row-swapping impossible. Just look at this Y and Z from the original German keyboard because the new caps use the American layout.

How on earth did this win out over something like the Model M, where every key was usable on every row because each key was the same and it was the keyboard backing that provided the tapering?

these could be used as molds though...

what printer did them?

There's a bunch of videos on youtube for this stuff now. I've been watching a bunch on forging and finishing for metal myself.

Some basic stuff for doing plastic:
For a one-off
>Modeller's putty
>Lego bricks

If you want to make a bunch
>Professional two part molding resin
>Vacuum chamber to get rid of air bubbles
>Squared frames to hold the mold parts together

Watch a video on how to make a mold. It's simple to understand from watching but there's a bunch of fiddly stuff to take into consideration for repeatability.

3D printing is only good for making the blank master, which you're going to have to sand and clean up before making a mold with it.

what kind of shit printer is that

that is a nice cheeto cap

how much would it go for on ebay?

dunno, without taking account about "artistry" and "creativity" the process cost around $30.
well to be fair, the printer itself was expensive though

What do you guys do about keyboard ergonomics? I find that my left arm hurts after a while of being in that "keyboard position".
>inb4 stop playing gaymes you manchild

Oh man, you gotta change up what you're doing before you can't punch deck no more. The carpals are tunneling. Don't let them escape.

some chink keycaps sold on aliepress, not gona lie i wanted the miami double shot with neon pink but i was to pour for them

Center your alphanumeric cluster.

Get a good chair with nice armrest. Avoid wrist rests like the plague

I have a nice chair (steelcase leap)
Is my desk height wrong? It's around 75cm

should've posted this one

There's no exact number.

then either the chair doesn't fit you right. or you slouch too much. following the proper typing posture should help alleviate any pain you have

Where do you even get a spacebar and stabiliser that long

from old wyse keyboards

that keyboard knows where to place capslock

ye capslock on modern keyboards is pretty dumb and probably there for normies, it should be at the number pad or on the F

wyse keyboards are so sexy. shame they need a special converter to use with modern keyboards

>modern keyboards
oops
oh well

do you post these kinds of pics seriously? are you the same guy always posting this keyboard+caps and guns or is this a meme i'm unaware of?

Aside from the mile-long spacebar, this is a pretty good layout.

Are you new?

Relatively, it's in every thread so I'm assuming a meme? I couldn't find it when I looked it up, so maybe I'm not searching the right keywords.

It's the same guy, he's been doing it for years.

The model F has a longer space bar yet people never complain about it. sounds to me like you have some space bar insecurities

Caps lock moving into control's position when IBM went from the AT layout to the "Enhanced" layout is one of computing's biggest blunders

The model M I ordered arrived. It's a lot more clicky than I expected, and I can hear something metallic vibrate whenever I type on it - or even touch the keys.

is there any chink producer making a clone for this thing?
adafruit.com/product/2995
This looks much better than a pro micro with a Bluetooth module

youtube.com/watch?v=VvTSLRab7Kg

this is literally made for soyboy faggots that have the shoulder width of a pre-teen female. christ almighty

those two images are just newfag detectors my man

imagine how you would have to roll your shoulders forward and angle your arms for that typing position in the "good" picture as a male of the human species. lmfao. i might make something in paint real quick to show how fucking retarded this is

Everything in this thread is a symptom of not having a job that involves a lot of typing or having a female frame.

>why him

imagine being such a faggot that you stoop to asserting your masculinity in a keyboard thread

b-b-ut why is he blessed by the No. god?

It has nothing to do with asserting masculinity. It's a simple fact that human beings have sexual dimorphism which means males have wider shoulders than females except in cases where they're fed lots of soy and drink lots water full of estrogen. There's no way that any NORMAL male would find a standard keyboard comfortable for long periods of proper typing since the standard width doesn't allow you to square up your shoulders and arms with your fingers on the home row.

>another nefagg talking about shit he doesnt have clue
its keyboard with less keys not smaller keys,his main row is the same as full keyboard meaning the shoulder thing you two are throwing around is fucking irrelevant

are you some sort of fat ass or something? just drop your arms by your side and that should be plenty of space

Anyone know how long an order from mechanicalkeyboards.com typically takes to arrive?

>nefagg
Did you mistype that on your 2% keyboard, fat kid? Or are you so mad that your only hobby in this world is buying Chinese garbage that you couldn't type properly for a single post?

depends where you live I guess. for me it was 5 days to Maine

hey what a bout a real argument next time you type something?

Took about two weeks to get to CO and they shipped me the wrong one anyway.

Your keyboard is inferior and you're too stupid to realize it.
kinesis-ergo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Atlas-Ergonomics-Totally-Split-Keyboard-Design-March-2010.pdf
kinesis-ergo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/get-study.pdf

Yeah I find their website to be rubbish and I hear they aren't the most reliable, but they're the only site that had what I wanted (pok3r w/pinks).
>2 weeks to CO
Yikes. Hope my board doesn't take 6 weeks to get to australia.

I have a new type of keyboard you guys need to help me out with. Of"s a flexible kind of keyboard.

I need help choosing a quality silicone keyboard because this is uncharted territory for me, I'm going in blind.

So what brands should I pick?

>quality
>silicone keyboard
pick one and only one

I need maximum silence and only a silicone keyboard can suck my fingertips silently like a good whore.

>maximum silence
then you need a magnetic keyboard since those only make sounds on the atomic level

I checked out the lazer projected keyboard as well and it's more horrid than typing from a touchscreen keyboard. I need dat silicone.

First time buying mech? Also, where are you located? If you're in the USA, get a GMMK. It's got a cringy name but it's very nice, top-notch build quality and no visible branding. pcgamingrace.com

Aren't those only for IPads?

Don't listen to this guy. Do yourself a favor and buy something that will dramatically improve your typing experience: a split keyboard.

input.club/devices/infinity-ergodox/
ultimatehackingkeyboard.com/
amazon.com/Freestyle-Split-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry/dp/B06XSRGK1V/
amazon.com/Freestyle2-Ergonomic-Keyboard-Standard-Separation/dp/B00CMALD3E/
amazon.com/Koolertron-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard-Ergonomic/dp/B076FTKD6F/
amazon.com/Mistel-Ergonomic-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B01MCV3VA4/

hahah you just fucked up your self, in those two links the first one doesn't even mentions the world shoulder and in the second one it just mentions it in two paragraphs and referring to a particular position instead of your refereed "female shoulders" thing you mentioned.

But hey if you want to move the goalpost and speak about ergonomic builds instead of le female soyboy shoulders we can talk about that. o wait you just here to poke on people not to speak about keyboards...

no. I think you have the wrong idea. It's just two magnets of the same polarity and when they get close together they register a press

Don't listen to this guy. Do yourself a favor and don't pay twice as much for a meme keyboard that you will have to sell for half the price after 4 days when you realize it's a complete meme, after which you'll still buy a gmmk and hit yourself in the head for having been meme'd out of a $100.

Your reading comprehension and searching ability is as shit as your typing skill.
In the first link:
>Based on the elbow breadth measurements taken of the participants, 63% of the participants would need to abduct their shoulders in order to use the armrests on the chair.
>The data shows a moderate effect of 17-18% reduction for the wrists/hands and shoulders, and no reduction for the elbows.
>The splitting action worked to eliminate horizontal abduction of the shoulder resulting in retraction (i.e. removal of rounded shoulder position); the decreased reach requirements resulted in an ability to sit back in the chair while typing.
I'm not even going to bother finding more since you're too stupid to use ctrl+f.
>mechanical keyboards that in all honestly barely change the feel of typing is less of a meme than dramatically improving your typing ergonomics

Where can I buy a keyboard with Box Navy switches? Are they a meme or are they good?

Currently use a AT 101W (black alps) and a chink Topre clone