LET'S GET THIS OVER WITH ONCE AND FOR ALL

Is there ANY difference betweeen 60Hertz and 120Hertz monitors?
Do you REALLY think the difference is worth the upgrade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pfiHFqnPLZ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is, just not everybody notices it.

Yes of course it is

120Hz won't have judder playing 24fps content.

Personally I think 60Hz is much clearer, I can't even tell what higher res images are about

Yeah, smooth as fuck boy!

>Is there any difference?
Yes, a very noticable one
>Is it worth the upgrade?
Depends on what you do with your PC. If you're not playing games, it's not.

Stop using these shitty flat panels and get yourself a crt for crisp quality and great colors

Yes and Yes

^this, actually giving a based response

Absolutely there is a difference.
The difference between 60 to 120 is the same as from 30 to 60. It doubles the amount of frames, you absolutely feel it being smoother.
120 to 144, ehh not so much, the jump difference is small.
If your computer can pump out those extra frames and keep at least 100 fps stable, then you are absolutely missing out by not having a 120/144hz monitor.

Noticeable difference, but I'm satisfied with my 72Hz screen.
And its rare to find a high refresh rate screen with good picture quality that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

kill yourself, you stupid mongoloid
yes, there is a difference and it only matters if you're not shit at games. fucking play open hexagon and you tell me. jesus fucking christ, wait a shitty bait thread, and it just makes me so mad!

Definitely, but there's diminishing returns above 90 Hz.

youtube.com/watch?v=pfiHFqnPLZ4

Just remember how smooth CRTs used to be.

Enormous difference, I've been using my 144hz screen for years. Huge change even outside of gaming, everything just feels incredibly smooth. The fuck you nerds even getting upset about, these things were never that expensive anyway.

I believe the word for this situation is TRIGGERED!!!

that's a youtube video that runs at 60fps, so you can't see the difference.

A lot of people seem to forget to actually set the refresh rate to 120/144/ etc when they finally get their monitors.

>Is there ANY difference betweeen 60Hertz and 120Hertz monitors?

With video games, yes, there is a noticeable difference, but some games benefit far more than others.

>Do you REALLY think the difference is worth the upgrade?

If your rig can only run games at a stable 120FPS when you lower the settings, then the answer to that question depends on whether you prefer visual quality or visual smoothness. If you prefer visual quality and don't want to lower your settings to get a stable 120FPS, it's not worth it to get a 120Hz monitor. If you prefer visual smoothness and are fine with lowering your settings, then it's definitely worth it.

And if your rig is a beast and can handle most games on high/ultra at 1080p/1440p with a stable 120FPS, then it makes no sense NOT to get the best experience you possibly can with at least a 120Hz monitor.

Jesus, this reminds me of my buddy who had enough disposable income last Black Friday to finally build himself a solid rig. He had been playing on a ridiculously overpriced ASUS ROG™ Le Epyc Gaymen Laptop for a while and could only manage a stable 60FPS on most games if he dropped the settings down to medium/low. When he finally built his new rig, he kept going on and on about how smooth everything was now, but his monitor's refresh rate was still at 60Hz, so it was no more or less smooth then it always was.

Yes.
Yes.