why dont this fucking thing POST?

AYYMD

you messed something up

>Ryzen 7 1800x

whats wrong with that?.
dont know how. I just build an intel rig last month with zero issues

>whats wrong with that?.
It's amd.

It is objectively the worst bang for your buck ryzen chip. Should've gotten a 1700

i need more cores for work

my CH6 board was borked the same way I had to flash the BIOS to get it to post. You can alos just try resetting the BIOS settings before going for the flash though

not your personal tech support
(you need a gpu with ryzen it doesnt have anything integrated)

tried resetting. going for flash

>doesn't post multiple pictures showing his unseated ram, missing power connections, cooler left off the cpu, power supply turned off
>expects help

... You do have a GPU, right?

how the fuck is anybody supposed to figure out what you broke from a simple speclist?

Is it plugged in?

OP here, it's fixed now.

>i broke something
>wat did i breaked

non of that is the issue. I checked.
EVGA 1060 6gb
plugged it in. still doesnt work

Try following the recommended DIMM configuration.

>1800X
>more cores
>1700
You're beyond help

Jesus Christ, did you get a bird to help build that nest?

Following to see how it gets resolved

>assus
>1800x over 1700
>probably 4GB ram
KEK

bios issue. actually research your mobo before buying faggot

holy shit user, you have all those cable management holes and you can't even be fucked to re-route the cables to make it look cleaner?

It doesn't work because you're fucking retarded.

You are retarded because of the following:

1. You use Sup Forums as tech support.

2. You're basically just saying "dent werk". When asking for help be more specific. Does all fans fire up, any BIOS beeps, LEDS on motherboard, etc.

Also, be advised that you sometimes has to wait for quite a while the first time you boot for the BIOS to initialize the new config. If you interrupt this process, you've dun goofed.

you're actually right about that.
fixed and still no boot.
all fans spin. all leds light.
no beeps no display
tried to flash the bios, no results
pretty sure the bios is bricked

>tried to flash the bios,
>flash bios
>with an incompatible cpu
>no results
go read the FAQs before posting

>>with an incompatible cpu
most of you jews are so fucking dumb and think you're so fucking smart.

Is the video output connected to the graphics card or to the motherboard?

What the fuck is that cable managenent

Also, check if the 12V 8pin connector is connected in the right orientation, some have a squared shape.

graphics card. I'm giving up. Going to take it to a shop where they have extra memory and gpus to test but im pretty sure its the MOBO and it arrived bricked, like half of the reviews for this board. Logicalincrements should take this off their site
you're like my mother. some things take precedent of of aesthetics, like getting it working first
firs thing i checked. they only fit one way

Solved it.
Bios was over a year old
Didn't like the g.skill flare x RAM even though it says amd x370 on the fucking box

Took out the gskill flare and plugged in g.skill ripsaw, it posted. Update bios.

New development.ram was simply doa

>system doesn't post
>M-MUH CABEL MAGNEMET

How do you flash the BIOS when you aren't even getting a boot screen?

>Asus

t. retard

IIRC you can flash a new BIOS in Asus boards even if they do'nt POST, you just name the BIOS file in a way the board can find it and then it flashes itself

Most likely the issue.

>1800X
>when the 1700 OC exists
Do people even bother researching before they purchase hardware?

it was dead ram
i honestly didnt know there was a 1700
i guess i spent a little extra money.

if you can't handle the little things, theres no way you're getting to make it

wow so buttblasted, I feel bad for any anons that actually tried to help you, speaking of which THIS IS WHY WE DON'T HELP THESE FUCKING RETARDS.

For future reference.

if you havent figured it out my guess is you shorted something out. it could be the case wiring, or anything else.

You need to take the motherboard out of the case, put it together on the box it came in with the bare minimum hardware, and go from there.

see

>ryzen 5 1600
>16gb (2 sets of 2*4 3000mhz dimms)
>Rx480/580 8gb (more soon)
>mATX Mobo asus b350m-a prime
>Eventually get oc but it fights every step of the way for posting
>Gpu driver kept shitting itself
>Gpu showing signs of dying as well
>get replacement Mobo and you after deciding it was one of those
>Turns out ram oc was causing driver instability somehow
>To a point of unusability
>Get rx480 replaced for free twice and upgraded for free to 580 with enough bitching
>Issue still exists
>I'm the only one with this issue
>Ram I have apparently doesn't work well when ocing when the CPU is ryzen
>But is on the vendor list for ram with speeds it should be getting
>Any other cpu it ocs fine without issues
>Cpu can OC to 4.0Ghz
>No point when cant OC ram
I felt like a total retard but at least the gigabyte board doesn't blow several dicks for ram settings or cpu settings. Doesn't fight every fucking reboot like the Asus one did

Ryzen is a meme but when it works it works well.

is the motherboard you bought brand new

new motherboards should have recent bios cause originally the bios shit the bed with ryzen when it first released

I'm not even OP.

>buying AMD crap
>expecting it to work

everything works great.
It was the RAM. g.skill flare 3200 and both sticks were dead. tested them an another machine and it wouldnt boot either

i had opposite

i got the gigabyte ab350 and out of the box it would sometimes boot and give no video. flashed it and it started giving me green flashing stripes in boot screen and graphics were fucked until i rebooted.

replaced it with asus b350 plus and it works fine.

i guess the am4 platform is little bit unmature.

1700 and 1800x have the same core count, user! you could have googled that instead of being insulted by anonymous imageboard-goers! and these guys have it all wrong, the real issue isn't AMD, it's ANUS! they're bad at quality control and their customer service is garbage! return that motherboard and get one from a more reputable brand, like ASRock!

uh-huh

>you could have googled that instead of being insulted by anonymous
true. I almost went with the 1600 and then saw the 1800 with more cores. Didn't think to look for another, cheaper chip from amd with the same amount of cores. Now i know better.

it wasn't the mobo. it was the ram
system is running beautifully..
thanks boys.
now if only I had any money left to buy a game to test out

>
> it was dead ram
>
> i honestly didnt know there was a 1700
> i guess i spent a little extra money.
I just would have recommended you check the RAM. My 1700 Ryzen build only refuses to POST if I fuck up the RAM timings; it resets itself after 5 failed boot attempts though.

By the way, don't sweat it i you bought an 1800x in stead of the 1700. Without overclocking, I get CPU bottlenecks while running MMOs under Wine and some badly optimised AAA games with native Linux support.

giving us the specs doesn't really help us solve your issue

you stupid technologically inept, ugly af attention whore