discordapp.com/privacy
youtube.com/watch?v=TuvG9KnW9Bg
github.com/Squirrel/Squirrel.Windows
my.mixtape.moe/rarhxp.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>free
>centralized server
>not encrypted end-to-end
Where do you think they're getting the money for the servers? Server hosting isn't cheap. You're the product.

Don't need to prove it. All it takes is one look at their privacy policy to know that they're selling every single possible bit of information they can legally pull from your operating system to advertisers.

you can't wrong think or you get banned

The trust and safety team also frequently deletes servers that they, as gaymurs, dislike.

Block facebook domains and try launching discord, it will crash. Proof it's hardcoded to use faceboo kanalytics to (probably identify and track people.

>Where do you think they're getting the money for the servers?
Discord Nitro

Do you honestly think that's enough to fund them? You're sorely mistaken. If you want to defend them, at least point out the fact that they're funded by venture capitalism.

>tencent

Oh user if only I would be able to prove it or not to prove it

Jokes on you, i don't have any friends i could use discord with, so now worries here.

i just ssh into peoples computer and mail them when i want to send a message

Let's end this thread.
discordapp.com/privacy

?(((datamining)))

sorry you can't say nigger anymore gramps but it's no longer the 19th century

Why is user data so valuable? What could a third party company do with all this data?

The only thing I can think of is having targeted ads delivered to you, but nobody pays attention to those

What if this anonymous statistical data was actually used to improve the program?

>what common keywords come up in conversation together with our brand/product name
>where in the world is interest in our product strongest
if you link your facebook or other accounts:
>demographic breakdown of opinions in product
>similar product trends among users
>data about time spent on various software
The amount of conclusions you can draw from large amounts of conversation history is insane, and these are just a few I could think of immediately

>closed source
it's assumed

Why isn't there an open source version yet. Everything about Discord screams botnet. I'll stick to my TS3 with encryption.

Prove that isn't.
Protip: you can't without the source code.

There's an open source version of Slack called Rocket.Chat, but if you want an experience more like Discord then Matrix using the Riot.im client is the best way to go, Matrix and Riot are both open source, you can even code your on client or server if you want

>2200
>"jazzer" is ok, "cuck" is offensive
>2000
>"cuck" is ok, "nigger" is offensive
>1800
>"nigger" is ok
what was considered newly offensive in the 1800's I wonder

A few weeks ago I was recommended Westworld by a friend over Discord. I had never heard of it before then. The next day HBO sends me an email advertising Westworld. It was the first time in probably 6 months HBO sent me any kind of email. I never searched it, I never clicked a link to it. The only way HBO could have known I might have a current interest in the series was the message sent to me in Discord.

When Discord started out their privacy policy was great. Then when the venture capitalists wanted to start making money suddenly all the stuff about not selling your chat data evaporated. Funny, that.

Doesn't matter if nobody uses it

SHABBAROON

Why aren't you using a throw away email to sign up for obvious botnets like Discord?

Jackass

I unironically see nothing wrong with it... I mean you could just use it on your comfy windows 10 while you can do your shady thing on dual boot arch or something... while you are making your own normi-bubble like mr robot in that episod when he was sending the cancer emojies... actually discords helps you. What will be more suspicios? no reports or some report full with dank memes, loli jokes and gayming comunity... the cia niggers will leave you alone in no time....

As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
discordapp.com/privacy

Prove that you're not a nigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=TuvG9KnW9Bg

kill yourself

It really all depends on your threat model. In my case, I want to use a service that has e2e encryption. But quite frankly, I'd be alright using a primitive cipher on discord. My main concern is an automated system processing my ramblings. If CIA niggers want my data, they'll find it. But right now I'm not too concerned about them.

>i want to use discord and play video games with my friends but i resent the fact that Sup Forums makes fun of me for this
>i'm just a normalfag who wants to fit in with my friends but still larp as a hacker on Sup Forums
I don't know what to tell you, man. Sounds rough. Good luck with it. You could always just install Argh Lenugs.

if i made an open source irc like discord client would you guys use it??

Nope. What in the literal fuck would I need it for in the first place? An equally good question is what software would it be replacing?

Discord

But I'm not using Discord. It's "botnet" software catered to gamer kids.

>discord client
uses their servers
gets spied on

well this only shows that they use the exact same dependencies

My discord has 33,000 members and I've paid for ALL of their nitro subscriptions for 5 months now. I'm sure they make enough from nitro to fund themselves

>Open up Discord
>GETTING DUNKED
>Close it instantly

I use windows 10 and chrome because when I'm alone and there's no hope in my life, at least Google and Microsoft are there to listen.

damn buy me nitro too

>my discord
>paid to get spied on
what is the matter with u mang

github.com/Squirrel/Squirrel.Windows

cheers & hth

>My discord has 33,000 members and I've paid for ALL of their nitro subscriptions for 5 months now
why?

They don't listen to you.
They get all your data and throw in the "woodchipper" that is their AIs, and their AIs turn you into data, weights, numbers.
This assuming of course your botnet shit don't get hacked, because if does, people that will get in your machine will just get in your machine for money.
Kinda like having a wife, except without pussy or company.

Oh wow, how benign and privacy preserving

It's still evil, but not the kind of "at least i'm not alone" evil.
It's the cold, metal grinding gears of hell kind of evil.

>cold, metal grinding gears of hell kind of evil
That doesn't sound very evil to me

The machines mowing down the humans and turning em into soylent aren't evil.
Its the people that built,operate and manage em that are.

>soylent is evil
Sure, eating the dead is so awful when the alternative is the poor starving to death

Bigly if veritas

He's in charge of an Ugandan paramilitary militia.

Bretty good user.

Why? Because for years and years we've bounced between teamspeak, ventriloquist, Skype, mumble, you name it and none of them offer even half the quality and ease of use Discord does.

I can't even think of one technical fault, while I can name numerous faults for all of the above.

TL;DR version:

I support products I want to stick around so I don't have to migrate to another piece of shit again

TS3 is literally botnet, they remotely scan for servers which violate the license. Use Mumble.

zulul

>>>/leddit/

>Allowing ServerQuery users to connect
lmao

only gay people use discord

1. you don't understand what "botnet" means, stop using that word.
2. discordapp.com/privacy

>Our Disclosure of Your Information
>The Company is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:

> Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.

> Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
> Related Companies: We may also share your information with our Related Companies for purposes consistent with this Privacy Policy.
> Developers: Developers using our SDK or API will have access to their end users’ information, including message content, message metadata, and voice metadata. Developers must use such information only to provide the SDK/API functionality within their applications and/or services.
> Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies or individuals to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments.
>Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
>Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.

CIA nigger

Niker

>like mr robot in that episod
See, this is the exact kind of subhuman shit we need to chase out of the board. They should change us back to Sup Forumsuro for a week so we don't have to deal with this garbage.

Redditors,females and normalfaggots use and shill it. Reason enough for me.

You're missing the point. Why should the poor exist in the first place? He meant the people who run them such as those who are rich enough to run this machine and not have to eat people to survive.

Its not like there is any other messaging program that is available on desktop people actually still use.

Any kind of social software suffers horribly from network effect. And its difficult to get people to change to something more secure.

>none of them offer even half the quality and ease of use Discord does.
Mumble does

>delete servers
Haha wtf

I have done this and discord works

Well I don't mind a product being a botnet, but Discord fucking sucks.

> voice chat quality degrades randomly, sometimes to 16kbps levels
> people can get dropped randomly from voice channels
> servers can go completely down, sometimes several times in a few days
> voice quality sucks so much music bots just stutter all the time

> buy nitro
> did you buy nitro
> nitro
> did I mention you should buy nitro

It fucking sucks. It sucks for multigaming clans, it sucks for professionals, it sucks for communities.
Maybe if someone uses it as an IRC and uses Mumble/Teamspeak for voice it can be OK-ish.

the fuck discord are you using? I go into voice chat almost every day with friends and it doesn't happen, and I've only ever seen nitro ads on mine when I specifically got nitro and then they inform me it's about to run out.

Nigga are you retarded or just pretending?
>closed source
>no encryption
>they regularly delete servers they don't like (alt-right ones, etc)

It's not a botnet. Discord devs are too retarded to actually make use of the data.

What is using the same framework and deps
Are you a retard?

>stdio.h
>Linux is not Microsoft Windows!

I'm somewhat doubtful that you paid over 800,000$ to Discord, user. Might as well buy some small stake in the company if you have that much money.

we use it for a multigaming clan, and a few other smaller groups. it destroyed competitive matches for the competitive clan, and also fucked our gaming nights wth the smaller group.
since then we all just rely on Mumble and use Discord as text only. It's ridiculous how fucking horrible it is.
I mean okay, it's free, they can't host it. Okay. Then let US host the fucking binary, and maybe our machines won't die down every second day of the competitive ladder matches.
Piece of shit.

But it is. I was bombarded with dating adverts and when I mentioned I'm a 400 LBS cripple in a wheelchair with bladder control issues all the adverts on the internet stopped trying to hook me up, and even stopped showing penis enlargement spam.

>Prove it's a botnet
>We prove it
>B-but your data doesn't matter
Fucking kek

It is but you probably use windows 10 aswell so theres no reason not to use discord, youre already fucked

>you already have cancer, why not get aids?

>t. Employee at Discord Inc™

Mumble has a capped amount of users, doesn't have the same functionality discord does either. Unless it's changed in the past year. They never had servers big enough to support that many people, even contacting them directly they told me there was a cap, and for the "cap" I would be paying almost as much as 33000 nitro subscriptions, but I would need to buy at least a dozen so it will never be worth it.

No affiliation with discord other than having spoken to the CEO directly when I asked if they could accommodate such an enormous server. They said yes and never asked for a dime. That is the reason I pay so much, because it could have been free. Any other platform would have laughed at the request, discord never questioned it.

>Discord devs
They're not the ones who are going to use your data.

>Mumble has a capped amount of users
The host can adjust this manually.
>doesn't have the same functionality discord does either
It has everything VoIP related, and is lighter and more customizable. For your instant messaging and social media there's Riot.im and Facebook.
>They never had servers big enough to support that many people
So make one yourself? There's no need for a server to have over 100 users anyway, which is far below the usual limit.

>none of them offer even half the quality and ease of use Discord does.
What a fucking retard. All offered at least the same voice / security / text "quality" as Discord, you fuck. If not better.
Get fucked.

>centralized service
>without ads in the free as in beer client
>with data persistence because manchildren want the memes they posted to stay there
>all of it requires absolutely fuckton of computing and storage resources
>but it still doesn't ask you for money
Yeah totally, Discord®™ does for free, everyone working there is doing volunteer unpaid internship because they care about gamer community. They also get free electricity.

why are Sup Forumsedditors so fucking dumb?

He's Hans Adam II, prince of lichtenstein and wanted every citizen of the country he rules to have a nitro subscription.

>argumentum ad ignorantiam

my.mixtape.moe/rarhxp.webm

Good one anonymous

>proof

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D