Sony RX77ES

Found this at goodwill. Costs 10 bucks but the tape doesn't move when I press forward play. I can hear the motor but nothing happens. Should I buy it or leave it?

No suggestions?

Stop buying broken junk

replace the belt

Do you even have any tapes?
If you do, why do you still have tapes? The quality is shit.

probably molten / broken belt

You think it's just the belt? Not anything else?

This right here

>3 motor transport mechanism

which mean one of those motors AND A BELT drives the engage/disengage mechanism. Honestly for 10bux you aren't losing much, and possibly gaining a lot

>t. thrift store addict

Quality is shit for regular tapes, chrome and upwards are pretty nice. Plus I inherited my dad's tape collection and he has some killer albums on there.

It ain't CD and your Dad's collection is probably on rutracker in FLAC.

is it easy to replace the belts on this model or really hard? and are the belts rare?

Yeah, not much else to go wrong. The capstan bearings are probably alright, any further testing will require you to replace the belt anyway.

desu it really depends on the model of cassette deck, ones that are quite popular among collectors usually have third party belt makers with a regular supply of belts for purchase.

I myself have a collection of boomboxes with cassette decks, and getting belts for some are easy, others not much.

just google the model number and belt.
people make jobs out of keeping these things running.

> he buys retro tech to show off on the internet
> he's too dumb to fix it

hipsters btfo

Even type 1s can sound good, you just need to record them properly. Some were just made badly, though.

2018 and still using tapes.

>MUH DECRECAAAAAAAATTTTTED

Buy. Just needs a new belt. Don't need a tape deck? Buy, fix and sell.

Take it back to house you got it, Jamal.

How much do you think it could sell for?

Could easily sell for 6 gorrilion