Portable Music Plater (PMP) Thread (No phones!)

For all of us who use portable music players that aren't phones.

What player are you using? What does your setup look like? Are you using any portable amps? All questions are welcome here!

Other urls found in this thread:

s.aliexpress.com/IbQrqEVn?fromSns=Copy
rapidrepair.com/shop/3119-hard-drive-disk-mk2431gah.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would you want ANOTHER thing to carry around? If my phone could replace my wallet (it can, if people accepted photos of my ID, which they legally can, but dont know, because they are fucking retatds) and keys (which it can, but no one wants to do) then I would only have to leave my house with a phone, which if I lost, could get another and backup with all my stuff and whoever had my old phone wouldn't know the PIN or fingerprint to even unlock it for it to buy, start a car, or open a door.

Relax friend, this thread probably isn't for you. Thank you for the comment!

>my multitool has a hammer, so why would anyone need a hammer

Because I bought my phone on its other features, not its DAC. And because of that, it can't come close to my old Clip+ on audio quality.

Hmm what is more annoying in PMP threads, "sansa clip" posting or "just uze ur phone!" posting.

>Why would you want ANOTHER thing to carry around?
The tech industry has chosen to do the following:
- Cram as many devices as possible into a single device
- Make the devices smaller / thinner while doing so
- Be unable to make massive gains in battery technology

Because of this, I'd rather have separate devices for at least some things. You ask "why would I want another thing to carry around" but if I'm being forced to use my phone as a phone, web browser, camera, gps device, and music player, then I'm going to have to carry around a portable battery as well.

i wish this had better battery life

How long? I own the M1 in the post above yours and I've never had it run out of battery before I was able to charge it.

BUT ARE THE MUSIC FORMATS BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN?!:!:!?!

>hurr durr wat iz Spotify
Sad!

How does that answer anything I said? Is spotify exempt from battery use?

Would you recommend the Shanling player? I've been thinking of getting a small dedicated music player, and it seemed to fit the bill.

Encode all your music files as series of microtransactions in the cryptocurrency of your choice. Ultimate peer to peer file sharing. As long as the coin you used is valid, your files remain in the cloud and cannot be taken down.

Yes.

>not basing your music formats on lossless deep learning based on blockchain
weak

Sansa Clip/Zip is still the king.

Trash posts.

PHONE

i dont carry around my phone

i really dont like my phone

i have to charge it everyday because i use it at work and by the end of the day it's almost dead. it get about 9 hours of battery life

I think the M1 is rated for about the same, though it's enough for my uses.

We should look into porting rockbox to a arduino or something.
We could build DIY pmps with a couple tact buttons and a sdcard module. (lcd screen optional)

reminder that iPods are the only good thing apple has ever manufactured

what is song plox link i need more nip music

If someone has stolen your smartphone he sure as hell also has your fingerprint, are you retarded?

SPO
TI
FY

>Beyerdynamic
how’s the treble hearing loss

I find it personally strange that they've essentially killed the iPod when it was selling bajillions.

I had the fat 160gb version and it served me well for years until it died years back and I replaced it with an iBasso DX50.

DON'T FUCKING BUY COWON PLENUE D
its GUI is fucking CANCER
It's absolutely unusable

what other small pmp do you recommend then user

I don't know. I've been looking for some gay pmp with a fucking decent interface forever

doesn't the sony ones have decent UIs?

Got a refurbished zune 120gb coming in the mail with a new battery and ssd instead of the hdd. Been using a sony nw a35 before that and a fiio x3 2nd gen which i keep around as a amp.

I don't carry a phone, so my DAP isn't yet another thing to carry. Even when I did have a phone, my DAP had various advantages like physical controls and being able to drive my headphones better.

I don't know, no one tells me and sure as hell I can't buy them just to try them, nor can I trust the fucking kikes who (((review))) them, like the ones who swore to God the PLENUE D has an INCREDIBLY RESPONSIVE UI.

This one is so cute, only 22€ on Ali.

s.aliexpress.com/IbQrqEVn?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Feel you, 99% of reviews are nonsense.
Btw don't get aune it's another shit brand

Not rockboxed?

sonys UI is pretty straight forward but stick with the a25 unless you wanna deal with scrolling lag if you got a large collection. Fiios is pretty easy to use too.

>scrolling lag
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Only issue with Sony is price (compare to chifi)

Are the Chink ones pretty much the best newly produced thing on the market? Is chinkshit more worthwhile than getting a used apple or Sony thing? I just want long battery life and space desu

Of all the fucking things you can blame kike reviewers you blame the UI which you can just look up a video on youtube for

>Long battery
Don't get chinkshit

Nope. Stick with apple, sony or cowon if you are able to put up with some quirks.

>I find it personally strange that they've essentially killed the iPod when it was selling bajillions.
It wasn't. Apple not being able to source some of the parts anymore was the final blow. From a business standpoint it made sense to discontinue the classic iPod line. Sure, they could have redesigned it use parts that were available, but it wouldn't have made any sense to that for a product the sales of which were essentially a drop in the bucket at that point.

Are you implying you can get a feeling of how touch-based responsive systems behave without touching said systems yourself and just by listening to some fat autist trying to justify his 200 bucks purchase to himself?

Ruizu X02 anyone?

Sure, I can just watch people fucking operate it.
In the Plenue D's case it's extremely obvious.

Guys, I need a new DAP with:
>zero ohm headphone output
>as neutral sound as possible
>USB-C
>No Android

My budget is around $300, so A&K is no go.

swapped the hard drive out for an ssd when it failed a few months ago. Last classic they did 160gb slim

My phone

Cayin N3, or any FiiO

6.5 gen bro

I know it's not a phone thread, but I just woke up to my roommate arguing with Apple Support because he's lost his iPhone and forgotten his password, and the only way to get the verification code to reset the PW is on the lost phone. Apple support told my buddy to buy a whole new sim card for another iPhone to access the account and find the first one. Meanwhile, Google's find my device just werks.

>I know it's not a phone thread

Aune m1s but it's micro usb

The price is so much better. Cowon not so good today. Apple iPod is overpriced and locked down to iTunes. (Best UI though) Sony is great but so expensive compared to chink. Except to pay 30 to 50% more

I just got the sony nw-a35. It cost around $200. I was really sick of apples shit (itunes updates constantly making things worse, my library trying to eat my ipod). It's pretty nice so far, it makes all my music sound 10x better than the ipod could.

I wish the zune hd had more support outside of the zune software.
One of my favorite things it did was give you a lot of little information about the artist you were listening to, like you could see pictures of them, their bio, and related artists.
Zune software doesn't seem to do that anymore and it's a damn shame.

Onkyo DP-S1 is linux based and it have ESS Sabre dac and output amps, but no usb-c

the album is called mikgazer
i really like the m2s but i just want something where i don't have to charge it every night.
what's the battery life like?

is there a water resistant music player that's cheap?

Thanks for the suggestions, the Cayin N3 seems fine.

>WAAAAAAAAAAH MY PHONE IS GOOD ENOUGH
Good for you. Some people like carrying their whole library or hifi content. Run along now.

>What player are you using?
Pioneer XDP-30
>Are you using any portable amps?
The built in one is great.

Small-ish
SD card slot
Battery lasts for days
micro USB
loud
15 bux

>forgetting a password

nah i have a 128gb sd card in there though. i did try out rockbox but prefered the stock os more

i'm not an audiophile are they bad headphones? Best ive ever owned so i'm happy with them

They probably lost tonnes of ipod sales to the iphones so just stuck with those

Is it worth upgrading my classic 4th gen iPod? It's been in storage for the last couple years because its battery can't hold a charge, and I'm sure its HDD needs to be replaced with a microSD soon as well.

Is my V30+ welcome here...? It has a dedicated Quad DAC 120gb internal storage and a 256gb microsd in it.....

hissssssssssss

>if people accepted photos of my ID, which they legally can, but dont know, because they are fucking retatds
Where I'm from, there's several security measures built into our IDs to prevent forgery. These can't be transferred into a picture.

That being said, a company my friend works for got a contract to make mobile IDs, for exactly this purpose.

Just use your phone you autists.LG V20 DAC and 256GB MicroSD with an all FLAC collection of music here.

Have Americans forgotten how to plutocratic-elitist?

Oh hi spotifag

I recently bought a new battery for my Sansa E280 and it's definitely not performing as well as the packaging claims (its mAh rating is ~50% than the old one but it only lasts ~6 hours). Is this the kind of performance one should expect from Chinese batteries?

>tfw still using a cowon j3 in my car
that thing is rock solid

Enjoy your dead battery on your giant-ass clunk.

sansa clip+ with rockbox on it
pretty much perfect

I need something that has a lot of space or can hold a 128gb sd or more and has Bluetooth so I can connect my bt shit like the car and occasional friend's speaker or earphones, I don't really care if it has extreme quality or whatever, just good enough build quality, I will use the KZ KS6 and the shitty speakers from my car

6 hours, realistically. It depends on what I'm doing with it and also I have it set to stop charging at %90 to preserve battery life.

How is the sound quality?

Toshiba is still making those drives now in 320GB size. Apple just wanted to kill it for Apple Music.

Sure.

I have that phone and the battery life is trash but the sound quality is great.

But is it good?

>RGB LGBT+ mech keyboard
>vape
>gun fetish
Definitely gay
Hope you've accepted yourself

Traps aren't gay though

>How is the sound quality?
Haven't tried.. probably fine with earphones of the same price

Absolutely

>>RGB LGBT+ mech keyboard
>>vape
>>gun fetish
>Definitely gay
>Hope you've accepted yourself
Could we cross this general with vape? I found my endgame in PMP. Wanna dig the mechanical mod thing. What's your rig?

>buy from Ali Express
>plug it into PC
>CMD window opens and closes really fast
>CPU always at 100% when computer is idle
>mysterious wallet.dat file on computer

>PMP thread
>Why would you want ANOTHER thing to carry around?
Seriously just fuck off or make a thread about it

Any player with just basic functions, no touchscreens, physical buttons and good battery life?

Mechs are OK but you have to mind your coil resistances and batteries as there aren't any safeties at all and you can blow your hand off.

"Hybrids" are my preferred which are a mechanical mod with a board in it to regulate voltage and battery polarity to be on the safe side.

In the pic above it's a Wismec Gen 3 which I wouldn't recommend at all, just got it on sale and wanted a 3-battery for all day vaping.

For portability a vape pen is cool. Juul are pre-filled but Boulder Rock pens can be filled with your own liquid.

Really, that big? I only came across with 240GB variant on a quick googling.
rapidrepair.com/shop/3119-hard-drive-disk-mk2431gah.html
Still, wouldn't have made much financial sense to keep the iPod line around considering the waning sales.

Not really

>at the gym, squat day
>go down, get below parallel
>legs push player against pants hard enough to press the volume button
>volume goes all the way up
>fuck up squat trying to get my headphones out
>it's been three days and my ears are still ringing, probably have tinnitus for life

Physical buttons are a meme

Holy fuck this

I have a broken walkman that I wanted to use as a case for a diy pmp, but I'm not good enough at programming to do it yet.