Ridiculously cheap GPU on eBay

Can't see why this would be so cheap (1080Ti for ~$120)

The seller is registered as a business seller, the item is under the standard eBay 14 day money back guarantee. Would you trust this listing?

ebay.co.uk/itm/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-GAMING-X-TRIO-11GB-GDDR5X-VR-Graphics-Card-3584-Cores-pc/222866278511?hash=item33e3dd886f:g:Ob4AAOSwf-Ram7VW

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1080-AERO-8G-OC-2560-Cuda-Core-PCIE-3-0-8-GB-GDDR5X-256-Bit/173193727175
ebay.co.uk/itm/PowerColor-AMD-Radeon-RX-580-8GB-Red-Devil-Graphics-Card/292470792911
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just wondering if there's any non-scam reason for it to be this cheap. Is it stolen? Any other way someone could profit from a sale like this, assuming the card works and is unopened like the listing says?

Do you believe in unicorns?

im drunk and i dont care. lets see what happens

>4 sold in the last 30min
>2 of those to 0/1 feedback users

i feel like i know where this is going

just buy it and claim scam on ebay if they fuck you

you literally have nothing to lose unless they know what they're doing.

wahat

No but I believe in thieves. & I would be okay with buying from one b/c fuck nvidia.

O shit, it's on. I'm more persuaded to buy now.

Has that ever happened to you? Any advice about the scam protection claim experience?

I know, right? Surely these must be purloined from a warehouse? Their feedback page lists plenty of seller feedback but only one buyer feedback. How dodgy should I think that is?

ebay confirmed order. paypal has not. expecting to receive an email soon saying sorry scam blah blah we didnt take your money

Thanks for being the guinea pig. I hope you get your 1080Ti

Enjoy losing 100$.

don't do it. same thing happened to me with a ridiculously cheap Nikon lens that was like 1/10th its regular price. I bit that bullet and in the end the seller claimed his account had been hacked and he had nothing to do with the listing, and that the funds had already been taken from his PayPal account, so in the end I had to escalate the issue and only got my money back a couple months after my original payment.

I know it is tempting and you might think you have nothing to lose, but there's no such thing as a free meal in this world. up to you, but before you hit the buy button notice none of those cards have real photos in their listings. that's usually a big no-no for me. good luck!

paypal says nigga hasnt accepted money. doubt ill be getting it

Heh, thanks for the listing OP. Just snagged a 1080ti for $120

It's a scam, you fucking retard. They're listed via hijacked accounts to make the listing look more legitimate. More are listed several times a day, all using stolen accounts with decent feedback. Enjoy waiting to get your money back.

Any recent auctions in uk? We had big ncix closure auction recently here in Canada

Thanks for the advice. I live pretty close to the selling address and it's a small town that I wouldn't imagine is a hotbed for electronics trading, I'd be happier buying from a retail outlet.

What happens in this case then? Paypal just gives you your money back?

I mean, it certainly looks like one. I wonder how often stolen items of this kind are shifted on eBay.

Maplin just went into administration here so I'll be keeping an eye out for clearance sales in the near future.

>What happens in this case then? Paypal just gives you your money back?
yeah. happened last time someone posted something like this on here

Seems like there's nothing to lose. Still, I'm heading to a LAN next month and I tend to find better deals at those than on eBay these days, especially used mining cards.

ebay.co.uk/itm/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1080-AERO-8G-OC-2560-Cuda-Core-PCIE-3-0-8-GB-GDDR5X-256-Bit/173193727175

Oh look, another listing from a different 1k+ feedback account, in the exact same style. These get listed over and over, every day. Ebay purges the auctions eventually.

Ok, but what is the point of those? What ARE those?
Are those GPU stolen? How would this scan even work, when paypal is so much in favor of the buyer and all you have to do to get your money back is say "didn't receive lol" and vait a few weeks?
I don't even comprehend what this is...

>scamming 101
>to make the looser ignore the red flags just put out some bait and let them convince themselves

Before buying, ask the seller a question about their hometown they listed on their profile. Scammers are shit at coming up with good sounding answers to these, especially if you're from the same country as the seller town and they're not.

Did paypal reject the purchase ?

not yet, but they havent accepted it yet either

I emailed the seller address with some questions, expecting to be ignored. Will post any replies here.

Jesus. There are no graphics cards, dumbdumb. That's why the auctions are always just stock images. There's no stolen merchandise. It doesn't exist. As for the nature of the scam, Paypal refund you directly and then try to recover the money from the other party's bank account. Of course, the scammer will have emptied it and be long gone by the time the thickos who buy these auctions make their refund claim.

They get paid, they get encouraged to keep doing it and Ebay/Paypal bear the cost. They should honestly start banning anybody stupid enough to fall for such obviously fake listings.

>are they stolen
They don't exist.

GUYS LOOK ANOTHER ONE AND ANOTHER SELLER ACCOUNT THAT HAS 1K FEEDBACK SO YOU KNOW IT'S LEGIT BUY NOW!!!

ebay.co.uk/itm/PowerColor-AMD-Radeon-RX-580-8GB-Red-Devil-Graphics-Card/292470792911

At worst you get a free GPU after paypal refunds.

>I mean, it certainly looks like one. I wonder how often stolen items of this kind are shifted on eBay.
it's common for electronics in high demand bought with stolen credit cards to be sold there, since they can't really be traced.

"if something is too good to be true, it usually isn't"
>cards are way too cheap
>for some reason someone in Forfar, Angus is selling "more than 10" brand new top of the line cards
>free shipping from this hobbit town
if people on Sup Forums can't spot this obvious scam they deserve to have their money stolen, you have to be 12 or as intelligent as a 12 year old to fall for this even for a minute

I figured paypal just retained payment for a couple of weeks or until the buyer gives positive feedback.

Thanks just bought 100k

Sup Forumsedditors aren't the brightest

OH MAN I'M GONNA HAVE SO MANY GRAPHICS CARDS!!

You found the ebay holy grail user. That's how everyone gets their mining rigs. Go ahead and buy up all those listings with stock photos from newegg and amazon. Don't worry that half of them get pulled within 5 minutes of going up. That's just how fast they get bought up!

I mean who wouldn't scoop up great deals like that?
Go for it!

well, 1.5hours later. a lot slower than last time

Update: Listing removed. Instead of spending $1000 on a GPU, do your spline reticulations with pen, paper and adderall instead.

He's lying. He just wants all GPUs for himself.

Nobody does scams that are THAT obvious.

You're clearly dealing with a rich good samaritan that just wants to help poor gaymers.

It was probably just a typo and he meant to put it up for 1140 instead of 114