Mpv can replace madvr

>mpv can replace madvr

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_scripts/tree/master/autospeed
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can mpv change the refresh rate of my monitor automatically like madvr dependant on the video file loaded?

Can mpv cover Reclocks duties and resample video/audio to best suit the refresh rate of the monitor?

If so, how? I want to join the mpv meme.

write a script

>my autism is bigger than your autism

Yes. Read the docs and look through the scripts.

github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_scripts/tree/master/autospeed

>You have to manually do it yourself
So it can't

Don't be an idiot.

In other words, No.

Unless you're a CS graduate. Come back and shill for it when it isn't broken anymore.

>You need to be a CS graduate to download a script

>soopersekritl33tzsociety
> soopersekrithiddenbugs,uh,features

But, it rillyrilly Just Werkz. Rilly, guiz. You're just t3h retarded. It's too gud for lusers liek (yuo).

In This Topic: soopersaltydouchenozzles that can't into usability or basic documentation.

I hate Sup Forums so fucking much.

Hehe xd trolled epic style xDDDD

can someone help me with install intersubs for mpv?
i've installed mpv, numpy, beautifulsoup and i've moved files to scripts dir
when i press f5 intersubs turn on and my subtitles (in srt) disappear
i watch movie in full screen
what can i do?

try having iq > 100

What are you even doing on Sup Forums?

shinchiro build page seem to be down. No autoupdate either.

Is madshi still working on madVR?
He seems a little bit alone since mpc-hc, reclock and other directshow things devs gave up.
He will probably create a paid c++/delphi lib for developers and work on not only real-time algorithms.

A link on the mpv.io page is broken

Try sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/

Actually I can't seem to be able to download anything nor can I browse any other builds. Seems like an issue on the Sourceforge side

do you also need help to breath?

@madshi
Media Foundation / D3D12 madVR when to compete with mpv and its Vulkan renderer?

Sadly it's true, madVR can't compete anymore. :(

>editing config files from your favourite text editor from your unix based memepad so you can watching chinese cartoons in slightly better quality on your 1280x1024 TN screen

mpv is just a Sup Forums another meme

I use it on my XPS 15 9560 using W10 ;^)
Vulkan works really well with my hardware

It's not just downloading it. You have to know how to use scripts, which is not something most users know how to do. Pretending the situation is otherwise is obtuse and gives mpv and linux a bad name.

Important things like that should have been implemented from the start.

Punkt dla czarnych fortepianów

I agree, mpv desperately needs a script manager. Hell, I'll even say it needs a GUI sooner or later if it's going to get any sort of widespread adoption. But we're not talking about the average user here. If you're on Sup Forums you should know how to install a script, or at least know how to find out how to.

Fuck off microbab, it's the perfect player.

>If you're on Sup Forums you should know how to install a script
Not really. I've delved into everything with Windows short of actually writing my own programs, and have accumulated good amount of Linux knowledge at this point too due to running it on my laptops for years. I rarely had to install a script or use a command line for something and it was a pain when I had to do it. I installed Xubuntu from the minimal net install with no programs and got everything I wanted installed on the OS without ever downloading and installing any special scripts. That includes ironing out a few glitches related to my hardware and desired OS look and feel (getting rid of things like a blinking screen on the log-in screen, mouse cursor that keeps reverting to default style, laptop wouldn't suspend properly, screen tearing, etc).

I don't count editing configuration files as part of this. Don't know how you feel about that.

Still no madVR 0.92.13, I think mpv finally won.

Different user, but installing scripts is not difficult. Especially when instructions are documented. You might have "delved" into computers but that doesn't mean you are good with them.

okay mr. gatekeeper

Okay, maybe that was a little ambiguous. Scripts for different purposes obviously have different installation processes, so I can't argue for all the scripts in the world, but installing most mpv scripts is ridiculously easy. Download the script, put it in the scripts folder, done. Anyone on Sup Forums should be able to do this.

>t. can't follow documented instructions

Fuck of brainlet, if you want ease of use stick with Windows Media Player

Dude, are you serious?
If you can install Linux you can install a fucking script.

Someone already wrote madvr and it works. What's your point? Will you tell us to write a OS so we can watch our taiwanese shows too?

Never said that ya dimwit

important (shit no one needs)

>Download the script, put it in the scripts folder, done.
But that's not all there is to it. You have to undersand all of this:

"Examples:
Setting the options at the command line:
mpv file.mkv --script-opts=autospeed-xrandr=true,autospeed-speed=false,autospeed-minspeed=0.8
Setting the options in ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf :
script-opts=autospeed-xrandr=true,autospeed-speed=false,autospeed-display=auto,autospeed-exitmode=auto,autospeed-minspeed=0.9,autospeed-maxspeed=1.1,autospeed-osd=true,autospeed-osdtime=10,autospeed-osdkey=y,autospeed-estfps=true,autospeed-spause=4".

Granted, you'd still have to know what all that stuff does in a GUI as well, but with scripts it's all configured by CLI and that isn't something everyone knows how to do. And that includes people who know a pretty good amount about technology. Tech is a broad subject with people coming in from all angles. There are people who can read and write electrical engineering diagrams who don't know how to use a CLI. Do they not belong here?

And you found that out through documentation. Wow much hacker. know one knows how to read.

Installing linux is a matter of clicking next several times in succession. Doesn't really mean anything. Net install is a little more involved but still very easy and doesn't require any special knowledge beyond what a person could easily absorb through a few months of lurking Sup Forums and reading a few tech articles.

But using scripts to control a program's output instead of checking boxes and using drop down menus in a GUI is a different manner of communication with the computer that is far less common and not something a person coming from Windows (which is the majority of Sup Forums's userbase whether you want to admit it or not) is familiar with. How do you save your settings? Do you have to type everything out every time? What if you make a typo? What order do you use for arguments? These are all things that are easy once you know how to do them but take some time to get used to. And once you do learn them using a GUI can become slow and bothersome since you know exactly what you want and can input that very quickly.

I've always drifted towards GUIs because I like to be able to see all the options a program has spread out on screen in boxes and menus like file, edit view, tools, etc. because that is the language I know and how I learn a program. Iw will click around and look through everything to get an idea of what sort of tasks are possible to be done or options that can be set. I am capable of reading documents to do this same thing and using a CLI to control programs but I prefer not to work that way.

If they can do that they're no doubt smart enough to figure out how to use a CLI. It's not very hard considering you can just copy the commands from the docs or a guide.

>memepv

They can figure it out through trial and error and copy and pasting from the samples in the manual/readme files, as well as using help commands to learn what everything does. But that's a whole manner of communication you have to learn over time. It's not as easy

>download script file and put in script folder
like some have insisted in this thread. You have to either come in with prior knowledge or gain that knowledge over time.

You can say the same thing about programs with GUIs of course. Those have a language of design that has to be learned too. But the thing is a lot more people speak that language right now. But this is getting off of the original point of OP, which was whether nor not mpv can replace madvr. It can't. They're two different things and if you want to insist that MPV is going to be dead simple for someone coming in from Windows and Madvr I'm going to flat out disagree with you and call you either delusional or deliberately obtuse.

However, and I guess I should stop posting after this one for a while, I will finally add that there is an adjustment period any time you switch software and saying something one program can replace another doesn't mean the transition will be effortless. Linux can replace Windows. Windows can replace Linux if you want it to. Depending on what you want to do. If you're willing to work at it.

I interpreted OP more about rendering quality not how similar the interface is. Of course they settings are controlled differently. I thought that was obvious...

GUI is already in progress

It does have a GUI, just not a very good one.

>if you want to insist that MPV is going to be dead simple for someone coming in from Windows and Madvr
I never said this. I don't think anyone would be able to install a script. I can do it, you can do it. But my mom sure as hell couldn't do it. I even said that mpv does need a GUI sooner or later, if it wants to see any sort of widespread adoption.

I never argued that mpv is a drop-in replacement for madVR by the way, this started off as a reply to the questions in .