5G

Why is no one talking about it?
It is going to change how we live if implemented properly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swZH9Cbovv8
forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/great-5g-article.19074/
shieldite.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/RFR-11_28-research-summary.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It won't be implemented properly

5g with 10gb a month that's not a game chsnger at all

>It is going to change how we live if implemented properly.

I agree. If it does't work you'll finally leave the basement.

it will be implemented the monopoly capitalist way and you'll have data caps and throttling.

Any speed increases will be negated for more Javascript and tracking.

as opposed to the state-owned communist way, where it won't exist at all?

My phone already gets 40mpbs down and up which is enough to stream 1080p video. Why would I care about it being faster?

^

I heard that it is capable of very high bandwidth and at very low latency of 1ms, does that mean that people from every country will be able to gayme at any server without lag?

>this new technology is so great it negates the laws of physics
>bideogames with no lag!!!!!

>Why is no one talking about it?
Because it's still a buzzword, we have yet to see an RFC.
>It is going to change how we live if implemented properly.
Wrong. 3/4G have good implementations, ISPs are the problem.
We will have data caps, high prices and fast lanes exactly like with 3/4G.

>I heard that it is capable of very high bandwidth
In theory. Real life is often far away from what you can do in labs.
> and at very low latency of 1ms does that mean that people from every country will be able to gayme at any server without lag?
Nope. Backend networks are mostly ATM and MPLS which are designed to run on optical fiber, nothing will change if you're too far away from the server.
The latency is lower between you and the endpoint, not between you and the server.

it's odd that countries like romania, ex soviet shitholes with government controlling telecoms, have some of the fastest internet in the world, and free market utopias like the amazing usa have some shit tier internet and no choice.

You know European governments are all funding 5G development, right? Companies barely reinvest any profits these days, it all goes straight to shareholders. Meanwhile governments choose what research is done via grants.

Only good answer on this thread, this board is plagued by memeing faggots.

We dont need 5G OP.
Since 3G is here nobody cares and nobody needs faster connection.

The core technology of 5g is mostly a Qualcomm thing (American Company).

>reading about 5g
>it will use millimeter wavelengths
>it will have even more trouble penetrating buildings than 4g
Dead on arrival

This is mostly true. I don't want a shitty wireless connection at home anyway, fixed lines are here to stay.

>Footnote of a country that's smaller than most US states
>Easier to run copper and fiber all over the place when you have 1/40th of the land to span
No shit, sherlock. How is it in Russia?

5G will be important for "last mile" kind of service. I don't expect it to matter much in most of the west, since 4g frankly more than meets our needs in all but the most saturated of areas like downtown NYC and LA, but expect it to be a big deal anywhere that doesn't yet have fiber or cable run to it yet.

I expect My Fellow Americans to start the Us v. Them shitposting. Maybe you're a plant, and this is a false-flag?

>muh merikkka so big and diverse melting pot
>muh greatest tech the wurlde ever did see
>cant run fibre unless you live in a city

>over 60% signal loss in foggy or rainy weather

DOA

I've had fiber for more than a decade, in a boring suburb.
Isn't it time for you to go face Mecca and pray, Ahmed?

I have a 300/300Mbit fiber line paid by my workplace ($60/month for the line, but I have to pay taxes of it. So about $15).
Last test:
50Mbit/s up
91Mbit/s down
About half on my 2.4GHz network.
I could enhance this a lot with better gear, but don't really want to invest in it.

Disregard my post. I just realized this thread was about 5G, not 5GHz WiFi...

Enjoy your cancer

The longer the wavelength is, the less ionizing it is.
How are the waves going to alter your DNA if they can't even pass through your skin cells?

meant for

The USA being bigger should only make it easier, you got more money, people and less need for external negotiations to get actually fast internet to more destinations people want to use.

Anyhow, which equally sized US state has better internet?

Are you a retard, or do you just like to pretend to be one?

>when i'm in urban areas I have acces to broadband and therefore wlan networks are plenty
>when I'm innawoods I barely scratch by with a weak 2g signal.
>when I'm smoking a cigarette outside work I get great 4G singal
>as soon as I go back inside it's back to 2G because the hospital used to be a military installation and the concrete is THICCCCC
what's the purpose of these technologies, they haven't improved my life in the slightest and I seriously doubt they improved life of many people living outside the 300m radius around the transmitter

My BB Q10 had LTE support from the moment I bought it but I had to wait for my carrier to upgrade my user profile/simcard to support it so for a few weeks I used 3G.
I honest to God haven't noticed any significant jump in performance when I was finally able to use LTE.
I would gladly scrap 4G and anything that will inevitably come after it in exchange for improving worldwide 3G coverage.

i use wired internet connections so i dont care about these.

>5G negates the law of physics

lmaoing at your retardation. there is still a lot of ways to maximize symbol rate through radio.

>if implemented properly
Delusion is cute sometimes.

>no health effect experiments on neither 3g and 4g
>HERE'S THE GREAT IDEA: 5G!!!
YAY SPEEEEEEEEDDDDD.
This should be a crime, with companies radiating unknown shit without your consent.

It's a far fucking future. Don't expect mass adoption before 2023 AT EARLIEST.

This is a future meme, just like
>quantum-emissive displays (true qled)
>non-bottlenecking connections like gen-z, pcie 5.0, infinity fabric/nvlink mass adoption

its going to cause widesrpead major diseases and autism,user...

its not worth being able to stream pron in HD without lag in exchange for dehydrated mitochondria .

You really need to resist 5G like a plague.. get educated in the biophysics.. The energy is not harmless.. wherever 5G is deployed you will begin to see cancer,s diabetes, mental illness and autism as well as premature death in otherwise healthy people..

youtube.com/watch?v=swZH9Cbovv8

forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/great-5g-article.19074/

search; jack kruse 5g on facebook and google.. WAKE UP!

>1ms
There is this thing called speed of light which makes this identifiable as bullshit unless the partner lives next city. With perfect conditions the signal could travel ~300km in that time, but in reality 100-150km are more realistic.

>How is it in Russia?
100/100 plus cable TV, all for a bit less than 15 dollary-doos.

606 pages
shieldite.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/RFR-11_28-research-summary.pdf

the places where these technologies are developed are run almost entirely by government subsidies and grants

I work at Nokia Labs
AMA

Literally who cares, I get 300Mbit DL on Swiss 4g and it's definitely enough to shitpost and watch Netflix.
Unless you torrent on your phone (disgusting) it won't affect you in any meaningful way

Why did no higher animal develop the enzymes to digest cellulose if that would give it an immense evolutionary advantage and instead to this day have to rely on bacteria to do the work?

symbiosis. humans are 1-3% bacteria!

because evolution is not an intelligent process

Evolution is not always vertical.

This is more of a problem on the East Coast. Infrastructure is so decayed in places like New England that they need to spend all their budget just maintaining what they already have so they cannot afford to run a bunch of new fiber for residential consumers. They ran a bunch of fiber optics on the West Coast to include rural areas back in the 70's and 80's with government money. I have 1Gbps in rural WA and I pay $70/month.

1ms is meant for communication between base station and client.

How would that help with gaming regarding lag though? Would likely reduce it a bit but the majority of ping time obviously comes from pure distance.

better than the 40-1000ms that current networks have

Maybe I'm in the minority but my internet speed has been perfectly fine for over a decade...I'm not really excited for 5g or anything else.

The hell are you guys doing?

>The Gov is evil
>not the Corporations themselves driven by profit and doing literally all the spying themselves, selectively choosing what to give to the Government
Nice try.

>REE TAKE MY QUACKERY SERIOUSLY SO I CAN BE IMPORTANT
An hero

Nice try Shlomo, you aren't fooling anyone.

They are already testing 5g irl in Helsinki, Finland.

According to the Sup Forums narratives in which you are failing at horribly, Jews abuse the pure and flawless Capitalist system to meet their ends, the Government itself is just a middle man.

no u
good luck getting brain tumor from your fancy little 3G/4G faggot

>He doesn't understand microwaves
The larger the wave the less cancerous. You are surely American.

"I'm clueless about physics, the post"

there's more to it than cancer...

Weather controlling? Turning humans into Zombies? They already did that themselves sweet heart,no need to force it. Imagine being human and being so paranoid about literally everything.

let me beat you with my science stick

your words not mine. oh no let's consider potential implications and health effects, must be paranoid.
see for starters

>non-bottlenecking connections like gen-z, pcie 5.0, infinity fabric/nvlink mass adoption
PCIe is never a bottleneck unless you liek DMAing your entire GPU memory three times a second.

Obviously (((((((they))))))) are using magical 5G fairy dust rays to turn Sup Forumstards into traps.

This board needs more anons like (You), godspeed

I have yet to see any recorded instance of radio waves being harmful to the human body unless specifically intended, nor any actual proof beyond spooks and X MEANS Y blogging shit.

Samefag

ffs there is barely any "Real 4G"(LTE-A) or VoLTE coverage in the world and they are already testing about 5G?

It's not 5G proper.

>tfw just checked the wifi networks on my apartment and now we get more and more radio with higher frequencies and I'm starting to worry about getting cooked from the inside.

This. Fucking jews think anyone with a brain cares about moar speed, but they don't. We need reliability and the cap to be removed.

5G is not like 4G but better. It's a different type of technology that is supposed to complement 4G, not replace it.

5G uses extremely high frequency radio, 60-80GHz instead of the 1-5GHz used by 4G. This means it has higher bandwidth but also shorter range. These high frequencies don't have any penetration, they can't get through walls or trees, and even in air the range is a couple blocks at most.

This is probably less than you hoped for but it will actually be pretty nice in dense urban environments. Its no panacea but is it a step forward.

Autist

5g is a weapon, calm your tits before you celebrate Tyler.

The only weapon grade thing itt is Sup Forums's autism user

ISPs don't have enough competition

They said the same thing about 4G.

I've seen Sup Forums's autism locate hidden flags and get criminals arrested, Sup Forums's could be on a whole new level considering the tech knowledge factor.

wow, you guys are brainlets

Thank you Rashka for $5 internet

you literal brainlet, 3G and 4G operate on larger frequencies, meaning their wavelength is shorter, therefore more cancerous
you and should kill yourselves
you're the reason i support eugenics

Hey buddy boyo I have a little exercise for you.
Step 1: Look up the first ionization energy of Cesium
Step 2: Calculate the energy of a 1800mhz wave
Step 3: Calculate the energy of a 60GHz wave
Step 4: kys urself myself my man

>be from Switzerland
>4 years ago subscribed to 50d/50u for CHF 50 ($45)
>every year they increase my speeds without any additional costs
>currently sitting at 500d/500u for CHF 50
lmaoing at ur lief murica

I already have 20 MB/s on my phone for $5/mo so why would I need faster internet?
They should work on 100% coverage instead

do u electromagnetism bro?
shit you're spouting doesn't make sense

>Ionization doesn't make sense

i know cesium has lowest IE, what does it have to do with cellular frequencies?

With 2gb data per month I can barely sneeze at my phone without using all my data.

Browsing in clover without loading full images easily 100mb in a day. 30 days = 3gb usage just by browsing a mostly text message board. Load a single YouTube video ontop of that each day? 6gb usage. Fucking dumb.

why do you people need mobile data that much?
i mostly do offline stuff when on bus, for example read a book or comic, play chess/sudoku, listen music, whatever.

Unless it's fast enough to replace my home internet and let me play video games faster it doesn't matter much to me. If it is far enough for video games then that would be awesome.

tfw 2/2 in Brazil for $60 dollary doos

It's going to give us all cancer. 300 GHz is an obscenely short wavelength. I recommend shooting down the antennas with a bb gun or something when they put them up on the utility polls.

>what is wifi

The only countries that claim they have 5G ready to deploy are the countries where you can only get 4g (which is slower than what everyone else knows as 3g) in one part of the capital.

Nobody really "needs" it, it's just nice to have.

I flat out refuse to pay more than $40 per month for phone service. The best I can get at this price is 2gb data per month in Canadaland.

No public WiFi at my work.

Get a better job then if you want public wifi