Is there a good alternative to this that doesn't use wi-fi/bluetooth?

Is there a good alternative to this that doesn't use wi-fi/bluetooth?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Programmable-Electrical-Household-Appliances-Operating/dp/B01FX9U0WA?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-brave-uk-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01FX9U0WA
s.aliexpress.com/FZnQby2U?fromSns=Copy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes iam woking on it but i have to find a company taht will produce

without wifi/blutoos? How do you intend to control it then? infrared?

I got one of them Ikea remote controlled bulbs, they don't really change color, just temperature and brightness.

I was thinking RF, like those power outlet remote control things on amazon.
amazon.co.uk/Programmable-Electrical-Household-Appliances-Operating/dp/B01FX9U0WA?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-brave-uk-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01FX9U0WA

I just want some A E S T H E T I C lighting without the botnet, is that too much to ask?

You can get cheap color changing LED bulbs from China that come with a little remote.

there's always z-wave and zigbee

Wifi and bluetooth don't necessarily imply botnet. You could have something you could control through your local network, without it reaching out to the interwebs.

yes. now please speak closer to the lamp

Philips hue works with apps and shit though, and I don't like the idea of something without protection connect to the rest of my network in general. I may be wrong about this, but if I remember correctly it was some stupid home device that allowed hackers to penetrate Sony's servers as well.

Then put up an extra wifi from your computer's wifi adapter or an old router.

rgb strip

Its communicating with Zigbee you retard

Fair point, but if I'm putting that much effort into some purple lights, I'd rather find an alternative as stated or discard with it completely.

Then go with some cheap RGB strips and either an RGB controller or a mobo with an RGB header. Or of course PWM over raspi GPIO pins, fed into an amplifier.

CIA niggers are going spam your lights on and off

This is the worst fucking meme of the 2000s

>not having dimmable lighting that shifts its color temperature warmer at night so as not to fuck your sleep cycle

I also love being able to program then to light up in the morning when my alarm goes off, transitioning from dark to bright.

That looks like utter shit

There are light strips kits with remote controls.

Maybe you find light bulbs with remote controls too. In fact, I think even Philips makes one of these hue bulbs with a remote control device that you stick on your wall.

You don't really have to use their app or network. That's optional.

Could IFTTT not do this?

Philipps owns the north American patent on color changing bulbs. You can get various RGB LED strips and things but nobody else is allowed to make something that screws into a light socket. Panasonic has the Japanese patent and sells some that don't use WiFi or bluetooth, but you have to import them.

put it on a vlan then.

Phillips owns the U.S. patent for a "RGB LED based light driver using microprocessor controlled AC distributed power system"
Couldn't you just stick some potentiometers on the 'bulb' in place of using a microprocessor and you wouldn't be infringing on the patent?

Get RGB bulbs from eBay/Aliexpress then.
They don't use Wifi or Bluetooth.

That's not really soy, it's Soy to use 6500K+ bulbs though.
Do you think real men did work at night under 6500K? or worse 9300K?
No, they worked under 2700K and below.

If you need moer than 2700K, wait until daytime.

2010s you mean, literally the shittest decade to ever exist and it will only get worse from here

>not just turning on a light that isn't a bright white alien abduction tier LED when it gets dark
Are you retarded or something? Does everything need to be an app for you b to just it?

Have fun being part of the light bulb botnet.

(You)

Interruptor Del Sensor de Movimiento LED luz de Tira 12 V DC 5A/6A/10A IR Inducción Del Cuerpo Humano infrarrojo Dectector PIR Interruptor Automático de ENCENDIDO/OFF
s.aliexpress.com/FZnQby2U?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

>the heaps of work piling up
>ill just wait till daylight to get it done lol, because soy lights right.

>companies have patents for certain LED colors

This should not be allowed.

It's not botnet you cuck

You don't have to connect them to the internet. LAN is all they need.

Has the RGB meme gone too far?

it just works and it's not chink shit so it won't blow up

i have my smol 35 m^2 apartment light up with them, feels good man when you can just use a remote or your phone to make it all turn off or on or to different preprogrammed color

and they light up with my alarm clock app, which is hella nice