GTX2080 for $1499

tweaktown.com/news/61023/nvidia-price-geforce-gtx-2080-up-1499/index.html

sweet jesus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g5AixBKy7b4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

fucking hate crypto fags

The absolute retard that wrote the article should take an economics course.
You dumb asses who only read titles should try reading the articles too.

lmao this isn't even the ti too. so 1080 retailed at like $600 or so, right? +$900 lmfao. You reap what you fucking sow, nvidia-buying FAGGOTS.

The GTX 960 2GB I bought 2 years ago for $164 used now goes for a little over that on the used market.

The 2gb version. Isn't that useless for crypto miners? What the fuck is going on? Are people really fighting for shit tier cards like this now just to be able to play vidya gaems? I'm glad I was able to get a 980 last year for $250

Miners will buy literally anything.
It's an ouroboros of greed.

Childish soygoys btfo

Good. Videogames are a waste of fucking time and all of the games developed today are designed for the exact same goal, there are almost no video games designed to tell you a real story or pass a message, it's an entirely consumerist media whose only ambition is to smash your dopamine button to milk you out of your attention and money.

Here is the redpill for you: all of the big companies that you worship so much like Blizzard, Valve, DICE, Rockstar, etc... are testing and calibrating extensively their games with biometrics tools and behavioral experiments so they can distill the exact amount of frustration and pleasure to make you crave for the feelings again and again and again so you will spend money on their product (being by microtransactions or buying their next game) or talk about it and attract others in your degeneracy like blackholes are swallowing light.

GTX 1050 is pretty much the only affordable thing now

I bet you play a lot of video games.

>t. scrub who read The Fountainhead once and now thinks he is a master at economics

TLDR didn't read

I got a 1050ti last May for $120 new.

>not playing games that strive to simulate reality as closely as possible
>not playing games that require real skills and practice
>playing shit video games and complaining about the video games industry as if your normie garbage and anime VNs are even remotely indicative of the state of the industry

get good scrub

And now it's $200. This is gettin' retarded. I think it is true that it's not miners fighting over these cards, but instead gamers who can't afford anything else.

>playing shit video games and complaining about the video games industry as if your normie garbage and anime VNs are even remotely indicative of the state of the industry
god damnit so much this

>could
>might
>possibly
>think about it
no source, just made up shit by a clickbait site as per normal.

>t. someone who spends half their day ricing their shitty distro so they can gain validation from some faggots on Sup Forums

I started mining waterforce 1080 ti last night and it's made $1 overnight. But had to listen to pc all night. Not sure about worth it

How much did it cost you in electricity? Probably not worth the ~$320 it would make you in a year because you'll just end up wearing out the card and your fans

Doesn't sound worth either for your investment and your health.

Ok, it's a clickbait and shitting all over the place.
But what does Sup Forums think about it?
>Nvidia 2080 with MSRP ~1000$
>30% more mining power
Are miners still going to buy them and flood the used market of dying cards?

>>not playing games that require real skills and practice
There's only two games on the planet that do, SC1 and SC2, and you could play those on a GT 650.

>bought a 290 late 2013/early 2014 to "future proof" for a while
>still can run games at 1080p/60 on high settings, but feeling bittersweet about the only worthwhile upgrades being $700+ right now

Assuming my card doesn't die for another two years, I guess I'm sticking with it until 2020/new console spec reveal. rip.

bruh if you really believe that you're a fucking moron. gain knowledge

>t. fucking moron that plays zero skill moba trash

2gb ones are only useless for ETH mining.
There a couple 1000 other coins to mine with it.
Mine Luxcoin
It's about $5 a day with a 1080ti

t. Buttmad AMDrone in denial

>Are miners still going to buy them
As long as the ROI is good, sure.
But we aren't gonna buy $1,500 GPUs if they aren't more profitable than the 1000 series.

He's right tho

>mfw I'm not poor

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...nvidia I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent gtx2080 price point yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....gayming.....quite underclocked my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

>bought my 1060 6gb for $329cad last august
>it's not $529
Wish I had something better but I'm not too bent up about it.

now*

I'd blame the absence of competition

>tfw bought it for $300 USD
still better than $540 USD at least

>bought 1060 3gb for $170
>now worth $400
>use it just to play rts, watch animu and shitpost

Let's be honest though, you don't need ebin 420 weedsniper gaymer graphics to have a satisfying simulation experience. rFactor is fun as shit even though it looks like a PS2 game and I couldn't give two shits about that. There's also Assetto Corsa with runs perfectly fine on a mid range graphics card if you want pretty simulation.
Really, man, there's absolutely no rational need to buy the 3080 Ti Spiderman edition.

It worked out nicely for me, was thinking of going cheaper but decided to get the best I could afford at the time. First time building a PC and amazingly didn't end up regretting a single purchase.

>bought 2x r9 fury nitro for $500 last year
>sold both for $700 just now
>got the homie hookup on a 1070 for $365

things are looking good

My modest GTX950 cost me $120 about 2 years ago, and now THAT card is running for $200.
Fuck everything

I like my gtx 970 and from the way it looks i will be keeping it forever

it better be 1.5X better then

Gigabyte 1050 was 150 on friday on amazon. Its up to 180 now

Too fucking real. It's sad, but true.

It's like those mouse experiments where they get the mouse to expend 10 calories to acquire 5 calories. They never give us everything unless we empty our pockets.

Normies really do fuck up everything. This shit didn't happen until normies invaded the net in the late twenty tens.

That's not unique to games in the slightest though. It's how every single aspect of modern consumerism is designed. Social media is probably more insidious than video games in this respect by an order of magnitude.

I got a gigabyte aorus waterforce 1080 ti for VR flight simulator (I'm making a mechanical motion platform too) which cost $1500 now I see it for $2000 lol I thought $1500 was high. Anyway VR is still a year or so away so I sold vive and vive pro will come out (which I'll buy) and the 1080 ti will be of some use to me. Until then I have it mining. Want to get another one tho, SLI VR flight sim or mining with 2 AIO 1080 ti would be insane

Don't play games tho - I do bodybuilding and shit and know if I started fallout 4 VR I'd go back to skinny anorexic skeleton real fast.

>Videogames are a waste of fucking time and all of the games developed today are designed for the exact same goal, there are almost no video games designed to tell you a real story or pass a message, it's an entirely consumerist media whose only ambition is to smash your dopamine button to milk you out of your attention and money
did you just post this and accompany it with a moeshit anime image?

That's what you want to think

Sup Sup Forums I heard you can't afford a GPU.

>zotac
hello poorfag lmao

Get in here!!!

it only costs that much now? last time I looked at a 1050ti it was over 1000$

can not wait for world governments to make coins illegal, it's to disruptive for them

>TLDR didn't read
>too long didn't read didn't read

one of the grand turismos will get you certified irl for racing.

>1050 ti
Nice GTX 760s lel

I hate all the arstechnica soyboys whining about crypto because they can't afford to play video games anymore

Honestly, I just want a gpu that will push my monitor to its limits without compramize

my old monitor was good for a 580/1060 my new one demands next gen gpus bad.

Tell me about it. I have an Asus ROG Swift PG278QR on order and I'm only running a 1060 6gb. Looking forward to getting the most out of it when I can upgrade a year from now.

>$1499

its a nothing burger In NZ i pay 3 times that price.
yanks are poorfags for sure.
also who pays over 1000 bucks for a GPU ?

YOU NEETS NEED CARS AND GIRLS.
DON'T BE asshole with your money.

Man need to grow up. and i'm ashamed as a fellow man.

>in NZ i pay 3 times that price
>who pays over 1000 bucks for a GPU

you do user, you do

>faggots itt who take tweaktown seriously
go back soyboys

Good, fuck Sup Forumseddit.

You can bet gamers will buy it just because it has Nvidia written on it.
Even if AMD had a 500$ competing card, gamers would still buy this over it.
>Gamers finally got what they wanted
>A objectively superior Nvidia with a pricetag to match and a hopelessly inferior AMD that can't compete in gaming at all
>They still moan and bitch about graphics cards, blaming AMD for the aftermath of their behavior
You just can't make this shit up

>(You)

nice meme simulator btw faggot

I don't want to get an AMD because I don't understand them. They're like an entirely different brand of GPU that I know nothing about. I don't even know if they use the same motherboard sockets as based nvidia cards.

Same with alcohol, cigarettes, cars, and anything else you might consider a relaxing hobby?
Wow big boy thinks he is so redpilled for repeating his daddy's words on the web.
Don't you have a linux installation to fix?

>the price of a high-end tower
>for a midrange GPU
Computers are dead.

if you look at the nvidia website, the prices they have for 10 series gpu's are a bit cheaper than current manufacturer's are pricing them, albeit they are not usually in stock like most others. we're probably going to be seeing release prices at or (probably) a bit below with prices increasing after release due to them being bought out.

best time to buy will be on release

Won't stop me for buying two.
(You)

Videocards don't use sockets, they use slots

Of all the things you could have used from my post to make me sound stupid (not that I wasn't already doing it), you chose the most fickle thing. Slots and sockets are interchangeable words when speaking casually. It's like using "clip" instead of "magazine".

Didn't nvidya already state that we wouldn't get any new GPU's this year?
>sources revealing to me exclusively
Sounds like a load of ass

>BTN this new

Tfw amd would sell it for even more.

A 1050ti is for laptops. Modern prebuilt PC sellers use them in desktops out of desperation, to keep the prices down. A 1050ti is very, very weak. It doesn't even compare to the gtx 960. If you bought those, you have my sympathy. You won't be getting much out of them, whether you mine or game.

This was a speculation, I've seen it on Tom's Hardware first, I believe, something like "1080Ti costs $800 and the next *80 is usually twice as powerful as a previous Ti, so when 1080Ti SLI is 1600, then 1500 for a single 2080 is reasonable, right guise? IMAGINE".

>rumors of the next top nvidia gpu costing 1500$
>crypto currency craze make this rumor all the more believable
>everyone freaks out
>nvidia realeses gpu at 900$
>it's not 1500$ like the rumors said it would
>everyone is happy thinking this is bargain
>twf the gpu will have cost way more than the previous gen

Tldr, op is a massive sucking dick faggot and a goy

What if I only ever pirate video games? Checkmate atheist.

thistbhfam

>t. burned normie

Most of us patricians dont touch normie crap.

Let me show you something.
>1080/Ti is sold out because miners
>1070 is sold out because miners, because they couldn't get/afford 1080
>1060 6gb is sold out like for the same reason 1070
>1060 3GB sold out because gamers need it for 1080p gaming and can't afford or won't buy it at the current price
>1050ti is sold out because gamers couldn't buy 1060 3GB in time.
And the list goes on slowly increasing the price in each tier.
So yeah Sup Forums was wrong when they said we should get better paying job (you should get a job). Because if we leave it as it is and cryptomining will be still profitable for a while. Then the gpu prices will go even higher.
Both GPU makers are fine with the profits as you can see they aren't trying to come up with miners only cards (understandable because it could die any minute or last forever, then what can one to with miner only cards.)

I could afford a 1080ti without problem rn, but i don't need that powerful card. A 1060 6gb would be enough for me, but not for the current price they ask for.
Also i am fine with the intel uhd 630 iGPU. Right now i only play emulator games anyway. So i would be fine for a while

>haha I was only pretending to be retarded

I think its time to hang the PC hat.

This desu
I bet you posted this from your job place (not) doing your job.
Also i don't worship any of these.
Btw what do you do in your freetime? Aside from playing games i read books or go hang out with coworkers and friends

Well the biggest problem is that the prices are still going up. 1080/1070/1060 6gb are being sold out because miners and 1050/1060 3gb is being sold out because gamers who needs gpu anyway.
And this isn't about being poor. But more like it's not worth it right now.
Let's assume some else tech related thing price goes up, for example a mp3/mp4 goes up by 1000%, would you still buy it? It's still "affordable" because you're rich. But don't you fill it's a waste to buy it at this inflated price?
Or be it ssd/hdd going up by 100% would you still "happily" buy it?

The man who wrote that article needs to learn the difference between why retail price is currently higher than Nvida and AMD MSRP.

Nvidia and AMD do not base their MSRP off of retail markup. They did not raise retail prices and they know higher retail prices will lead to less sales for them. If they raise MSRP the other team will rapidly drive their ass out of the majority market.

He based the performance/price correlation off of the opposite of what happens when a new node comes out. He literally said the opposite of what happens consistently(even with miners).

But then again... jews

>(you should get a job)
I have one. I mine shit coins to pay for video games. And I play games as an excuse to buy GPUs for mining shit coins.

It's a vicious cycle

youtube.com/watch?v=g5AixBKy7b4

This. Same for anime, though. And the worst part about modern vidya is that it always comes bundled with SJW bullshit to an extent.

ozzy bucks or leaf bucks ?

I bought my 1060 6b first month it came out and there was a shortage, ended up paying too much because of a shortage. so 320 eurobux for the asus strix edition.
its 450 now so im glad I did.

>Le Joos
Pathetic

Imagine pay 3000$ for a computer for run gimped games who can fit in a PS4 GPU
Thats why i only buy second hand shit because i can run PCs exclusives on a toaster example: League of Legends

it's about what i paid for a pair of speakers

A job is a job as long as you get paid for it IRL.
Be it virtual miner.
Youtube "star".
"real" job
Illegal job
I too have job. IT administrator. But there isn't enough teacher and system is most of the time ok. So i teach old people how to use a pc/laptap/smart stuff.
I could afford even a 1080ti rn, it just feel a waste to do so at this price jump.

Play jap game. Kek

>gimped games
>fit in a GPU

You don't need the placebo, save that money.