General Phone Discussions and stuff

Hey Sup Forums!
I'm thinking about buying a new phone after 5 years.
I'm thinking about Mi 6 6GB RAM and 64GB Storage Space.

I'm thinking about something to 550$(but can be more) and IPhone is not an option, because everyone I know that owns one have constant problems with them, so you know.
My last phone served me for 5 years without any problems and I'm looking for a good replacement.

Also General Phone Discussion(And other Phone stuff).

>IPhone
Found your problem.

The problem is to find a new phone.
One that'll last 5 years.

I have never had a issue out of my 7 plus or 8 plus I would recommend them highly I used to be a big android guy before my note 7 fucked up and exploded to I gave ios a chance I think it’s a better experience

But if you’re holding on to android one plus 3t

I meant 5t not 3t sorry get the one plus 5t or the essential phone is pretty sharp

>Half of my friends were randomly blocked from unlocking the phone(with code). They had to send it to the shop and wait 2 weeks.
>One friend dropped his phone like 5-10cm on a table. Screen died.
>Some random bullshitery like you-can't-do-that-unlock-it-via-iTunes-on-your-PC,

Plus that wierd sign that was nuking iPhone users last time. Android is just safer(and cheaper) for me, because if you're not retarded to download viruses from Google Store, you're all good.

That One Plus 5T looks similiar to MI 6. I'll look closer to that. Thanks

So apparently both the S8 and the S9 support video out using DisplayPort over USB C, and lots of companies are hyping up the fact that you can play shit on your phone and have it mirrored on your tv/monitor with just one cable.
But what I can't figure out is whether or not video in is supported as well. I'd like a phone that can be used as a portable monitor. Anyone got any info on this?

Get the Redmi 5

my Galaxy S3 has a fresh Duracell battery, no cracks on screen (despite being dropped on concrete several times) and runs Android 7.1.2. if i were to buy a new phone it would probably be an older flagship with replaceable battery, so probably S5.

Im in the same position, but my budget is 300.

I have an LG v20, but there r somany problems.

Shit gps
Shit battery life
Occasional freezing
Screen retention

Looking at 5T, bht its a bit expensive for me and amoled will have screen burn and 6 will come soon.

Is the note 5 still fast?

Or note 3/4

Don’t get the note 5 I don’t know what it is about that phone but mine ran hot and it had a SIM card issue hardly got 3 hours of screen on time

I’ve seen shit about that sign fucking up iPhones never happened to me they usually patch that shit quick but if you have some dick head friends I guess they could spam you but I’ve dropped my phone plenty of times and the only case I have is the apple leather case my 8 plus is fine still but I understand people prefer certain things is a os

The way I see it this is my opinion I think ios is more reliable I get great battery life iOS 10 I could got 2 days easy without charging my phone iOS 11 is kind of a shit show not too bad but I can get about a day and a half on it but I think it runs smoother I have hardly any issues out of iOS but I think if you are for customizing your os android for sure tops it in any way android is meant to work exactly the way you want it but me personally I think it should be more optimized but I have never tried a stock google experience maybe if the next pixel is not a shitty plastic phone I might cop it

But if you do decided on a iPhone which I don’t believe you will don’t get anything before a 6s I would personally go for a 7 or 7 plus but the 6 just kinda sucked dick the 6s is better but I have heard plenty of people have issues out of the 6 and 6s but way less on the 6s I have hardly heard any people Bitch about the 7

We already have a thread for this you retard

upgraded from an s3 to an s5, both are running lineageos, can confirm that this is a good upgrade path. link to the duracell battery?

I wish the s5 did not have so much plastic in its build but besides that it’s a pretty sharp phone

I'd spend half your budget on a phone and expect it to last 2,5 years instead.

Expecting 5 years from a phone is kind of a lot, first off most phones wont be supported for that long so dont expect any updates, though xiaomi is good with this ( mi3 still getting updates).
Also after that long shit is bound to break or degrade, battery will be a lot less efficient if not dead.

I know that. But I'm looking for a phone that'll not be useless after 2-3 years.
My old Galaxy Note 2(or something like that) is still working well, but battery is almost dead(and battery is 50% price of the phone now), so I decided to buy a new phone that'll do the same.

I don't need constant updates. I just need a phone that'll let me type with friends, read books and play some games occasionally.