Why do people send youtubers free shit?

Why do people send youtubers free shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hrJgjmAPzmE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>why do companies give their products to people who will shill them to their fans

gee i wonder

because they were gonna throw it away anyway
not everyone wants to keep ancient shit around in their house, especially when it's obsolete and doesn't have any practical use

For validation. I don't know why you'd send it to 8-Bit Guy since he just resells things he doesn't need anymore.

Wow, he really took the notch to another level.

Is 8bit guy the biggest JUST on youtube?

>because they were gonna throw it away anyway
Why not find someone else to give it too then? Someone who doesn't get free things all the time.

>source: my arse

>that notch

Hi, David.

middle kek

they might not know anyone who would put it to good use.

Why are you so jelly?

What said.
Most people I have got into contact with who I have got retro hardware for free have mentioned that if they only knew that I would have wanted it before, because they had X or Z and threw it away. Specially because retro hardware here costs almost nothing and people don't want to bother with putting up sales for almost no money. Easier to just throw it away.
Think how many people like that actually watch 8-Bit Guy or related for a reason or other and want to feel like they support him too.

>since he just resells things he doesn't need anymore.
He has a pretty big collection, I don't think you get there with just reselling things.

I live near this guy.

He visits fans.

I want his tie die Osborne.

The only thing I have in terms of retro computers is thinkpads and old apples desu.

>Why do people send youtubers free shit
Because the tards who send them shit want to get there name read out so they can brag about how they are "friends" with them.

>That video where he completely restored a fucked up Apple keyboard to its original shape
>SoSatisfyingMan.jpg
>Hasn't done anything like that since
>Only videos about how old stuff used to work
Why does he do this to me?

Except they're not always companies but instead the viewers, I assume that's what OP was talking about you mong

You can prove it easily. Shedule a visit with him.

fucking hell trip focus on fixing the thinkpad you fag.

thisone is god tier
he PHD?
anywey very good for colledge level retard

Don't call it Bitcoin, call it Billcoin.

What a fucking retarded piece of shit your are, ffs!
God, I hate this board so damn much...

U mad? XD

>makes actually interesting videos now
>not just shitty videos how to repair shit everyone already know
?

hi David

House? They get sent free stuff to review by the manufacturer, moron. To also answer OP
because it's just marketing for that product

Because they gain something out of it. Want to guess what?

its weird that people pay lots of money for social media users. i dont see any value in that but maybe some companies have too much money.

It's not marketing since they are paying to get the youtuber to talk about it.

The 8 Bit Guy is a massive sperg but god I can't help but love him. He really does seem to enjoy and care about what he does. He regularly has fans over to his house which is just unheard of for most YouTubers.

He's also a massive 2nd amendment nut and open carry advocate.

He's a wholesome red white and blue American sperg and when I'm next in Texas I'd love to say hello. Maybe I'll drop him an email when I go to Texas later in the year to see a friend.

>i don't see any value in advertising

What are you talking about?
You realize OP is talking about viewer donations?

Jesus Christ how embarrassing.

Marketing is an investment. Didn't you attend primary school?

David, if you're reading this, I like your videos but ffs fix your posture and shave that tuft of hair at the front of your head cause you look fucking ridiculous.

Who actually gives a shit? Are you literary 10?

His posture makes my spine hurt just looking at him.

Feel free to fuck off. :^)

Ben heck.
Man is nothing but an element 14 puppet.

This.
It's sad though, he was pretty cool when he still was just doing it as a hobby.

>INeverIntenionallyMovedMyselfMyEntireLifeButINeedToMakeExcusesForYouTube-TheWalk.webm

that's how you'd except a person to walk in a 90's CGI movie

I can't even think on what is wrong with him nowadays.
He always been an element 14 shill, but now there are some really crappy stuff, like those forced movie references everywhere that got even worse with they actually running a movie clip with em on the last episode.

>He always been an element 14 shill
Nono, that only happened like 10 years ago

Indeed.
But even during a good part of this time he was decent, but i think he's running out of ideas or something.

>But even during a good part of this time he was decent, but i think he's running out of ideas or something.
True and yes.

>only a decade ago :^)

Hi Ben.

you're don't really know what the discussion is about, do you?

flesh doesn't matter

What the fuck does he even do with the dual monitors on the left?

It's his studio
They are like picture frames for the topics on hand

>"studio"
>"episodes"
lel

underrated

>marketing for 30+ year old used hardware that is no longer sold
are you retarded?

Show more legs

Post you're tech youtubers

8bitguy/8bitkeys: Mostly meh but alright keyboard videos
Bigclive: interesting teardowns of chink shit and other electronics, knows what he's talking about
Electroboom: electric engineer who really likes playing with explosive/dangerous shit
Ashens: Good chink shit entertainment
LGR: Often interesting and rare retro hardware

neat someone saved my stupid fucking webm

retarded much?

>LGR: Often interesting and rare retro hardware
AHAHHAHAAH

Seriously, what that guy has made videos of doesn't even make up 1/3th of the autistic retro luddites collection on Sup Forums.

Sure, but the luddites don't actually show shit beyond maybe some pictures

Gamehut: Ex-employee of the traveller tales studio, show how they did a lot of shit on sonic 3D blast/toy story/Sonic R etc.. also is trying to teach people how to make sega Genesis games
Techmoan: Mostly reviews sound equipment but from time to time shows really bizarre failed formats
Danooct1: Shows how several old MS-DOS viruses work

>Techmoan
he occasionally reviews modern stuff no one else ever seems to review thoroughly like dashcams/pasta machines, pretty much anything niche and or old

Indeed.
It's a quite entertaining chap.

vwestlife
youtube.com/watch?v=hrJgjmAPzmE

He took them down like 3 years ago.

why not just start sending him dumb shit like dragon dildos or loli anime

he has wife, kids and job he enjoys. i don't think you understand the JUST meme at all.

Too bad Gamehut is mostly just demo stuff now.
His Toy Story music and 60FPS intro video stuff is really amazing shit tho

I don't understand why does Gamehut makes those cringe tier clickbait titles when the channel itself is quite informative.

He's also just a really kind hearted person, I wouldn't mind visiting also.

Has a better life then most NEETs on here.

It's sadly how youtube works.

>he has wife, kids
So did Alex Jones :^)

>sure I'm dumb and want to watch shit instead of play around with it myself
no need to be jelly :^)

dude is gay and has no idea about 90% of the shit he does
I mean, please, at least google before talking shit
misinformative/10

Alex Jones was a vitamin salesman.

>Why do people send youtubers free shit?

It's really fucking cringy, I don't know why they make him do it.

It isn't here yet. Luke ships it on monday.

Also originally I was going to use the x220i parts I had laying around, but I bought a i5 main board. That doesn't arrive tell Thursday.
Ok desu.

The answer for questions like this on youtube is always kids.

>forced movie references
But he did goofy shit like that when he just posted on his website.

I don't think he hides it? I'm pretty sure he used to do it on his website and said it in a few of his videos.

I'm so glad somebody made this

Sometimes it's cool to see something you used to own on your computer screen in someone else's room. It reminds you that there are people out there in different parts of the world living lives of their own, and that life is not just like a video game where the only areas that are loaded are the ones that you're in and the rest aren't in memory until you visit it