Youtubers

Can you give a real solid reason as to why he's bad? and not something overly subjective like "I don't like that he uses jewtube" or "He's popular! Fuck him!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ln7fCsUrYpU
youtube.com/watch?v=dWKSSGfjlIk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"He's popular! Fuck him!"

t. me

The real solid reason is it's targeted to 12 year olds.

I like him, but all he does is read specs.
I understand why some people dislike him
He's also kinda smug, too.

>GOSH GOLLY HOW DARE HE BE POPULAR AND BASICALLY THE NICE SIDE OF Sup Forums!

can you prove it?

Ltx

His kernel could be organized much better.

This.

There are quality vids but they are becoming fewer and further between. Their phone reviews are ok

>High School graduate
Lack any formal formation on Hardware,Software or Engineer.

But viewers believe he is a kind of genius.

Granted, from watching a few videos, if you play with something enough, you can teach anyone it. It's not complicated. Hell, I could teach the basics in installing ubuntu, getting it setup and more, and I suck at linux.

Success breeds jealousy, people saw him go from working in the kitchen and babyroom to owning his own company building making millions a year while they pale in comparison

Some people don't like him because he's not really an expert on anything tech, and the lack of informational depth in his videos shows that. That's honestly fine though, it's not like he pretends to be smart. His channel is obviously centered on entertainment first and foremost, and for casual tech enthusiasts, his format works. IMO the same people who rag on Linus for having shallow content should also rag on sesame street for not teaching calculus.

He literally reads information/specs that one could look up in

That's not necessarily bad, he seems to have a little bit of knowledge from experience.

He still thinks he knows more than he actually does, however.

He is not good at reviewing stuff.
He is not good at creating tutorials.
The whole "Even though I do this full time, I will act like an idiot because I think my audience is too" bit he does is obnoxious and I can't watch his videos because of it.
I don't mind the concept of a "youtuber".
Doing reviews of a niche of products is fine too.
But when you decide to do it full time, make better reviews.
Analyze what the purpose of the thing is and judge it based on that. Don't just read out loud what the box said and act like you don't know what it means.

I do like first hand knowledge of a product, so his videos don't fully suck, but I do agree with the "arrogant youtuber" part

Ew is he really going out with they hideous gook?

Goodbye white genes.

Wow, can you be any more of an asshole?
Let me ask you user, when was the last time you had sex? Had a gf? Can you really compare? Who cares who or what he dates if they are happy.

reddit

Makes retarded video, his cameraman is a retard that can't properly hold a camera. Sold his ass to intelaviv. Scream like a toddler to make it looks like something interesting is happening. Only focus his video on muh gaymes. Half the time of any given video is dedicated to sponsor ad. Doesn't plan his video in advance, and make minimal editting so he can make more content, instead of better content...

Linus please stop shilling in this shilling board.

mongrel slavshit stormfag

He's an intel shill.

*tips fedora*

Those ear rings for one thing

He is grown man with earnings. Makes him look like he'd be into weird scat/cuckold fetishes.

this. he's fairly entertaining but he's just reading a very basic script with a few puns thrown in.

>normie meme in name field
Sup Linus.

Please start making videos using the actual hardware for things other than gaming instead of just slapping stuff in a chassis just to say "128 CORES IN AN ITX CASE?!?!". Show us why certain configurations are great for things other than gaming (because that is just a cop out reason).

He's shilling for money and posting biased reviews (pretty lame though)

he's not bad, but if you're looking for something in-depth to computers, i'd rather watch wendell.

>why he's bad
Well miscegenation is bad to begin with.

Lol wat a fucking c.uck

His older NCIX unboxing videos in the warehouse were more fun to watch.

He has reviewer syndrome where only 10k CPUs are good and budget shit isn't cared about.

i wish he didnt use those retarded titles and 5 hours of shitty ads that i ALWAYS end up fast-forwarding thru. other than that his vids can be nice

She's so fucking disgusting. Her sister is way hotter too. Linus fucked up.

post sister

Is that his wife? Holy fuck she is fuck ugly, could have easily found cuty white waifu, nope gets yellow nigger instead

Is he dating that white guy?

Gee I sure am a pathetic loser, I'm promoting LTX >for free because I secretly admire how cool he is.

No wonder my mum wishes I wasn't born

>rebit cuck

>Sup Forums
>calling others redditors
Sup Forums is literally /r/theDonald

it's great show for 12yo

youtube.com/watch?v=ln7fCsUrYpU

get back to work Linus

I don't like him cause I like to shitpost and make people move away from this site and I can just shitpost call you fucking niggers day in and out/.

NIGGERs

>playing with the cat ON THE FUCKING DESK AND MOUSEPAD AND ON TOP OF THE PC
REEEEEEEEE BITCH

I went into his videos expecting over locking autism but in general just got "gee willikers guyz with our cheap liquid nitrogen cooling by shaking Sprite cans from the freezer we managed to get a whopping 4.0ghz clock frequency on our i7 extreme edition CPU with asus' RGB auto overclock button I just think that's fantastic, Intel and asus definitely have a hot combo here folks like comment and subscribe next week I'll be uploading a video on how to make a SSD out of microsd cards connected to a SATA adapter"

Every fucking time his videos have no depth and just a bunch of garbage

He's not even close to the worst thing i watch on youtube.
Pic related been quite very shoddy as fuck lately.

bitch is ugly as fuck, you dont need to go to pol to fucking see that, she is fucking ugly

he's bad in the sense that his target audience is definitely 15-16 year olds spending their parents money and buliding a first PC.

but he's fine. i appreciate that I'm not his target audience anymore, and when he does have a video on a product I'm interested in, he does give a good enough overview of it. I would say they help me no more/less than an MKBHD video.

I wonder if his rice monkey gives happy endings to his camera guy as payment. I would't pay that guy real money.
But i also would't fuck rice monkeys.

People on his forums are borderline retarded, don't bother asking anything in there.

>can you prove it?
Sure
youtube.com/watch?v=dWKSSGfjlIk

>open video
>stupid intro + ad
>half his video is tryhard pandering to 12 year olds and ""reviewing"" ridiculous grabage hardware, usually lying about how great it is because otherwise he wouldn't get it for free
>rest of the video is literally an unrelated ad for some bullshit

If you can accept that he needs to shill to keep his 10+ employee company afloat, his videos are pretty educational and has a decently high production quality, disregarding the clickbaity shit.

He's all fluff and bs, and i don't trust his reviews despite them having little content. Further, his show lacks depth - it's like its aimed at young children wanting to build their first 'gaming rig' - he's certainly not aiming at actual industry people.

By comparison, to show that i'm not just hating on youtubers, hardware canucks channel does good reviews. They have depth, great filmography, and come across as far less biased. They do one thing well. There is less ADHD crap aimed at young children, the pacing is better.

I'm still not a regular watcher of any youtube channel, but linus tech tips really is utterly pointless for people with an actual tech background.

It's funny cause he looks like a snot nosed little brat himself. Also what the fuck? Does he lack absolutely any body hair?

He's literally just a shill. He doesn't know shit about anything actually related to technology.

last one

I've seen him give bad reviews before though.

Most of the daily videos are filler for actual content, this ain't bad but nit something I want from youtubs

hot

Are you all mentally challenged? It has nothing to do with popularity; he is practically a telemarketer.

Recently he marketed a $5,000 "silent case" and he concealed the fact the CPU was not overclocked.

Motherfucker, if I turn off all the fans on by system and not overclocked I do that for free.

see

I like him actually.

Honestly, I don't hate them (Him nor the company), I just don't care enough about them to have any feelings towards them. I used to like their older overkill builds for the sake of it essentially being a meme anyway, but after all the computers I've built, I don't care so much anymore about watching any build logs. The only times I've bothered watching them have been when it's some custom watercooled modded system.
"Fast As Possible" videos feel like they can definitely use some shortening.

I think his wife is pretty cute though.

His mannerisms are cringey

Why do you need validation to watch whatever you want? Why do they allow e-celeb threads that have nothing to do with technology? Why did you think this was a good idea for a thread? Why don't they add a youtube board for this bullshit?

He fucking coded the linux, show some respect

Good for him for seeing a niche and filling it. The haters just wish they had the guts to get in front of a camera and do the same thing and shill tunnelbear for a living. His production value is also pretty good. He's pretty much living the dream.

His voice annoys me and his content is not informative.

Who?

Not being overclocked is the default you fucking mong

That breed of cat is psycho. It's going to gouge his supreme gentlemen kids eyes out.

This post is sponsored by Tunnelbear!

Is lack of formal education really your argument? Seriously? In this industry?

The offspring those 2 had is hideous. Hapas are usually cute pic related.

>why he's bad?
Yes. I can. He is a complete shill. If a product is objectively really bad then he'll neglect to mention anything about that and market the hell out of it anyway.

As an example, there was this one Cooler Master case that got absolutely slaughtered by Steve over at Gamers Nexus. That piece of trash got praised like it was the best thing since sliced bread by Linus.

I know, there really aren't that many "tech reviewers" (mostly a combination of entertainers and marketers) who will be brutally honest and tell you if there's something is bad and why if it is. But that doesn't excuse the obvious and blatant shilling.

This So Much.

Nice. Very nice. I want one.

>That piece of trash got praised like it was the best thing since sliced bread by Linus.

Won't blame him though. Might make him an absolute shill, but I'm pretty sure he's more interested in staying in good terms with the brands at this point.

>he's more interested in staying in good terms with the brands
That's the problem right there. Not just with Linus but with the entire "tech press" and specially every tech shill on Youtube. It's no big secret that Steve from Gamers Nexus (and a few others) is being treated differently (like a plague) by quite a few vendors. They know he'll slaughter any case he reviews unless it's both exceptional and perfect in every area.

I do blame Linus, specially now. His channel is so big now that he really could do brutal and honest reviews and say screw you if vendors get upset.

Does anyone member when the trans freak broke a test PC?

His videos aren't targeted to me and I don't care
But I do hate fags who shovel his shit in my face with your shill posts