What's the catch?

What's the catch?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Lenovo-Legion-Y520-i5-7300HQ-80WK00FHUS/dp/B06WVMJ713
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-7000-gaming/spd/inspiron-15-7577-laptop/fncwfs611h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

seems like a good deal. the y520 is a good laptop.

4 hour battery

2 tb 5200 rpm
no optical drive
4 hour battery
and whights 5.28 lbs

>windows 10

>What's the catch?
Inlel
Win10
weight
battery

>i7 7gen
>no usb c type

It's a last year model, they clearing their storage/is like clearance sales. Or successors / newest model already exist

>winblows 10

>usb c type

There isn't a catch. Costco has good deals occasionally.

>LEGION

Also very likely to have very bad build quality and fall apart in 1 to 2 years

> >usb c type
> Nintendo Switch uses a USB C, so it made me think whether it's time to get a new hardware in order to not carry a fistful of cables. Also,
> vagina
> 2018

>TN screen
lel

Bit off topic but is a costco membership good for buying electronics? Do they have good laptops for cheap or are their laptops meh?

Been thinking about getting a membership not just for a laptop but for other reasons.

Battery live and build quality

just buy an expired gift card. it will get you in the store so you can look around, eat free samples, and get the $1.50 hot dog combo

Everything soldered?

Obviously

No, they don't. They have a wider selection than say Walmart or something, but they don't have very good deals. Given it's a bulk store, maybe you get a better deal for buying more than one? It's been a while since I last went into a wholesale store...

amazon.com/Lenovo-Legion-Y520-i5-7300HQ-80WK00FHUS/dp/B06WVMJ713

look at the reviews

i hate this so much

i saw some dude in my class using this same exact laptop in os lecture. needless to say, he was playing vidya. user, do something worthwhile.

not bad

Actually looks like an okay deal. The battery probably sucks but that's with all gaming laptops. 1050ti probably won't get you far but with the price of graphics cards right now it's not like you have a choice.

Ideapads have a somewhat meh build quality.

Its a lenovo.

No catch, replace it with an SSD and it's golden

I still have the y50, the Gen right before this one from 3 years ago and it's like new. What really got me is the full metal body, I'm never going back to msi or asus shit tier plastic

It's probably 1366x768 unless otherwise stated, and the resolution actually does matter for productivity. The primary reason I bought a more expensive laptop than I otherwise would have was to get a higher resolution.

Y series laptops have mediocre build quality.

Dual core CPU, 8th gen intel is quad core now. They're clearing inventory for this reason. Still will be fast enough and it's not overpowered at all relative to the GPU.

Not a deal.

To be honest, for true productivity you're plugging in an external monitor and keyb+mouse. I guess there is a small grey area where you care about screen res but you're on a train, but it's gotta be small.

The laptop projects virginity, that's one ugly piece of shit. I would unironically avoid purchasing it simply so I wasn't judged by my peers. If you are old enough to post here without being banned you're a bit old to use a laptop designed to appeal to a 13 year old boys sense of style.

Disregard, thought that was the Nvidia model.

It's relevant when you want to open up two windows side by side when one of those windows is a browser, most websites assume you will have at least 800 pixels horizontal resolution. So that leaves 566 pixels for scroll bars and the other window and such. So if you're trying to type something out while referencing something on the internet without lugging around a 2nd monitor it isn't what I would call the biggest deal but it is a deal.

If I was going to use a "2nd monitor" with my laptop I would strongly recommend just buying an ipad and using that as a 2nd monitor. It's far far more portable and less awkward .

>lenovo
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-7000-gaming/spd/inspiron-15-7577-laptop/fncwfs611h

My parents caved and bought me a gaming laptop when I went to uni. It was kind of embarrassing going out with a rocketship-looking piece of garbage. Battery life was dogshit for any sort of longer lectures (back-to-back lectures could take 3 hours) and mine barely lasted 2 hours. Piece of shit fried one day, less than a year after I got it.
If you intend to use it at a university, I hope you don't mind people laughing at your gayman laptop.
Of course, maybe they have gotten better over the years (I got mine in 2012 I think)
Seriously consider whether or not you actually need one, since a cheap laptop and a home PC setup is a much comfier way of doing things.

get a macbook

It uggo.

>Lelnovo
>Backdoor i7
>Spyware 10
Jeez what's the catch?

You can get the dogs without a costco card, just go through the exit to the cardmember service and keep walking.

>try to find this exact model
>255 variants
oh

The catch is that it's fucking 800 for a l*ptop

What's wrong with labtob :D

kek it's not even 4 desu it says up to my yoga says up to 10 and gets 4 with brighnest on like 70% this probably get about 20 minutes

Get the extended warranty and have an accident on year #2

battery life
size
no rj45 port

name a single laptop that has high specs like 16 ram, 256+ SSD, gtx 1050 and HQ/HK 8th gen intel and actualy looks decent and i will blow you.
every mid-expensive laptop with decent insides looks like a cringy gaming pos

It has USB Type C. Frontmost port on right side. Kind if a bitch to use Linux with if that's your thing. Speakers require a special Dolby driver or they sound like shit. RFKill on by default in Linux. Otherwise, I like mine.

yo where da ryzen laptop at?

botnet

>gaming laptop
>gaming
>laptop

Costco has some pretty good deals on a lot of things. The only place you could possibly find anything cheaper than the stuff Costco offers is Amazon, but even then Costco has some better deals on bulk everyday utilities.