Only use shitty laptops with shitty distros

>only use shitty laptops with shitty distros
>don't use a smartphone
>don't go on the internet

Why is he this unreasonable?

Other urls found in this thread:

git.savannah.gnu.org/git/womb/hacks.git)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's been butthurt since he encountered a proprietary printer driver in 1928

> how dare he not be a facebook guzzling gamer like myself

pretty sure he's never said that.
how does it feel having commercialized cocks in your mouth all the time, OP?

This is pretty reasonable advice desu

>I have used the Internet since it first existed. I never used UUCP, though occasionally I sent emails to addresses that involved transmission via UUCP.

>I am careful in how I connect to the internet. Specifically, I refuse to connect through portals that would require me to identify myself, or to run any nontrivial nonfree Javascript code. I don't mind giving an identity that isn't really me, if that works.

>I often connect in a person's home. The person of course knows who I am, but that does not bother me. What I would object to is putting my identity in a database that can be searched. I prevent that by changing my mac address at each location.

>I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see git.savannah.gnu.org/git/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it (using konqueror, which won't fetch from other sites in such a situation).

>I occasionally also browse unrelated sites using IceCat via Tor. Except for rare cases, I do not identify myself to them. I think that is enough to prevent my browsing from being connected with me. IceCat blocks tracking tags and most fingerprinting methods.

Might as well.

Because he truly believes in free software. It's not that hard to understand.Do you really not believe in anything enough that you'd inconvenience yourself to stay principled to it?

Sure, but not to lost causes.

Back in the day it was pretty normal.
He just decided to live like that.

you literally took a bunch of quotes of stallman's saying he browses the internet and equated it to 'dont go on the internet'

Which are lost causes? Certainly not free software. The prevalence of smartphones and Internet-based tracking?

>lole lets troll gee by insulting the man in the sticky
>hihijahahaha
>bfto

Kek

>Which are lost causes? Certainly not free software.
it is desu

no, its not

>shitty distros
I haven't tried it myself yet, but isn't Triskel at a pretty decent position bynow? I haven't seen any complaints about it lately.

> insulting
Looks more like a proof of courage and integrity to me desu
Also OP is a faggot

shitty laptops with shitty distros
perform better than your bloatware

He actually uses a librebooted ThinkPad T400, and if you say that's a shittly laptop you should leave.

And why the fuck should he use a smartphone?

And he does go on the internet.

Get out of your bubble. Millions of normal people use Linux on a daily basis, not to mention the truly countless other software / projects used by people of all different backgrounds on different other platforms too.

Normals use linux on their android phones at most.

desu he's genuinely altruistic but if more people sperged out like him then we probably wouldn't be getting collectively anally probed by google on the regular

But then Snowden revealed the dirty little secret known as PRISM, and proved everything Stallman ever said was right.

altruistic..?

I was me-me-ing and purposely incorrectly using altruistic instead of autistic.

I wonder what he does on those computers other than responding to shit emails from Sup Forumstards

>getting mad that someone uses a PERSONAL computer the way he wants to.

That actually doesn't sound unreasonable if you're going full unseen phantom. Sure, it's a hassle if you're into that, but if it's his habit.

Also, from the "person's home", you can see he's the true impersonation of a poorfag Sup Forumsentooman.

>normals
I know people from the FACULTY OF FUCKING ARTS, aka Normie Centralâ„¢ who use exclusively Linux.

ha hates gentoo desu

art departments have a lot of weird people whose lives revolve around being a special snowflake so that makes sense.

True, one of them is actually surprisingly down-to-earth, though.

>dislikes copyright laws on knowledge
>Arch user
>Python
>does corpus analysis

free-software will be a key component in the long-term battle against totalitarianism. You must see how it threatens the total information control that a supranational state built on the brave new world model of medicated compliance and base lust fulfillment as distraction needs to identify dissidents. Encryption is currently the front-line but it is inevitable that copyright protection will morph into tamper prevention and necessitate DRM systems on all binaries. We can already see the MNCs of the world falling in line with the current path to supranational governance: there is not one dissenter in the corporate world to the global promotion of homosexuality, and this predicts that they will be intimately involved in the harsher suppression coming in the future.

I actually believe they will outlaw / strictly regulate debuggers and enforce it with OS-level DRM, to prevent what will be called terrorism

what do the fags have to do with it?

>uses a laptop with only software guaranteed to not spy on you (because you can look at it and check it, and even modify it if you did find something)
>doesn't use a spy device that sees your face, what you're looking at, hears what you're saying, knows where you are, and knows what you do with it
also, he goes on the internet a bunch

personally, I gave up on paranoia, but hey

honestly, this
he replies to pretty much anything but blatant bait too

War on general purpose computing, mane.
May not be malicious, and just a consequence of prioritizing convenience over long-term freedom.
But it also happens to be convenient for certain power grabbers.