Âpple BTFÒ again

Âpple BTFÒ again

>someone went to the effort of trying to recreate a twitter screenshot in an editing program instead of just posting the shit on twitter and screenshotting it

Not the only one too.

My GF asus has a lan port that essentially does the same. You just need to open it like a beak and push the cable. Then it closes... its not a mind blowing technology.

>Just clever design.

See what I did there Apple fans?

that is actually a pretty nifty ethernet port

>using twitter
>talking shit about others.

Looks like another point of failure. I'd rather deal with a dongle

He's right though. those tiny folding parts look quite fragile

The userbase of Fujitsu computers is different than the Apple one.
Do you expect them to not wreck it in a month?

usb-ethernet adaptors are like $5. every modern OS will recognize ethernet over usb.

this.
apple hardware has to be idiot proof

Exactly, a dongle.
Or better yet, how about NOT GETTING RID OF THE ETHERNET PORT IN THE FIRST PLACE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

are you gonna throw your laptop into a lake or what?

I don't understand how you can defend emulating a style you apparently hate so much

This post is much better if you read 'anus' instead of 'asus'

I didn't make the image.
But to mimic it is better than using the source of the cancer.

> Looks like another point of failure. I'd rather deal with a point of failure

Kek

The whole mac is the central point of failure. Its user aside, that is.

Dell does a similar thing with the Latitude line on models that are thin.

The design lets you plug in a cable, but you'd need to practically break the thing to remove the cable.

It was such a disaster we had to accelerate our WIFI deployment so that we could remove ethernet in our meeting rooms. The rooms became like traps. You'd go, plug in, and then couldn't leave because your laptop was not held hostage by the table.

We have docks at peoples desks, so no issue there.

We literally now recommend people avoid plugging ethernet into the laptops.

I'm fine with thin laptops having no ethernet. Very few people need ethernet - its usually only IT staff.

neat and apple btfo by based japskies but i wonder how durable that mechanism is

>deal with a dongle
It's not there when you need it. Oh but you carry it with you? All the time? Then you forget it somewhere and now you need a new dongle.

Moving parts like this would only increase the cost of an already overpriced product and goes against one of the core design principles of Apple which is minimalism.

what does this have to do with lim

There's a little notch on ethernet cables you have to press down to remove the cable. It's not very hard.. but I don't know if there's something special with this laptop's design that makes it harder or if it's just hard for you.

Anyway, I need Ethernet but slightly less now. My old laptop does wireless N and I'm looking at 5-6 MB/s if I copy a file and that amount to some time with a large file. It's better on my new laptop with AC which does about 40 MB/s. That's not bad, not unacceptable but it's still slower than the 100 MB/s I get with a cabled gigabit connection.

It's not like I use cable all the time but I'll always use it if I need to copy a 20 GB file or something like that. I guess the alternative route would be to copy to an external HDD and then to the laptop but that's not as fast.

Why are slants so good at making techy gimicks that americans like so much?

Amazing tech, dude. The shit netbook I bought on a whim a few years ago does it better.

Except for when the bottom latch snaps off and this shit happens

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

Your talking about me, while I'm talking about a deployment of 3000 computers I did at work and explaining that the people using the laptops couldn't figure out what you just said. You can call them stupid all you want, I do most days, but the job is making things work for these people.

This kind of ethernet plug is not good for regular people. Wifi is better. When they get back to their desks they have docks which are plugged into ethernet, so they do big file transfers at that time.

is this a 65+ year olds club? it's 2018

>t. mactoddler

iPad Genius*

RMAs hundreds of these as they seem fragile as fuck... but then again to have it RMA'd you would need support, a word that asians fail to understand

man that's an awesome laptop

>Looks like another point of failure. I'd rather deal with a dongle
But you can use the usb ports if the ethernet port breaks. That's like having a three legged chair instead of four legged, since the fourth legged chair has one additional leg that can break.

USB 3.0 handles much faster data rates than ethernet, why do we have to be constrained by the silly Ethernet cables again?

This.

That seriously looks like it will break in less then 30 days.

EeePC bro

is that a fabled hermaphrodite?

Some of us need the dedicated tech?

FUCK I BROKE IT

at least you had one in the first place

That's one of the best netbooks ever made, to be fair.

Looks like it's going to break at any moment.

Wifi is shit compared to Ethernet. Why can't you lazy bastards keep the electricity in wires where it belongs. Don't you care about the bees? Enjoy your ball cancer WIFI niggers.

lol i really want that now
goddam u op

>business setting
>thin laptops
>so thin they can't fit an ethernet port

Find the people responsible for this purchase decision and punch them right. Right now walk to their office or offices, don't say a word, and introduce them to your first.

>LOL, hold my sake, baka-gaijin.
Whoever wrote this should off themselves

Even Lenovo fucked up with the Thinkpad X1 Carbon. Instead of just using USB to LAN you get a proprietary port to LAN adapter

all is lost

It's like I'm back in 1998

so tight

Apparently it's that you have a persistent Mac address are you are always using the same interface

Well that would be me. I recommend the hardware.

Regular staff get Latitude laptops - which either don't have ethernet or have this crippled version. We just tell them to not use the ethernet on the laptop - go wifi.

IT use Precision laptop - with normal full size ethernet.

This still makes sense to me as I see no reason for a normal person to need ethernet while attending meetings away from their desk when they can use Wifi.

Only the IT staff need to plug into switchs etc - actually use an ethernet port.

Nice. So what happens when the WiFi is down and you need to connect to the wired network?

This is gook, not jap

If it breaks you can just buy a dongle, this seems perfect for me since I only have to occasionally use an ethernet port.

Or you have no WiFi driver and need to install it from the Internet. Happened to me when I first installed Debian Lenny back in 2010. Good thing I wasn't using one of these "New and Improved" form factors then.

Everyone has wired ethernet at their desk. They have a dock connected to the ethernet. They plug the laptop into the dock.

In meeting rooms the only person who really needs the network is the guy presenting - there is a dock for that person.

We've never had a wifi failure at any of our corporate locations. You could have a network failure with ethernet too.

Oh ok
Wouldn't a port as in OP's post do the same?

>Very few people need ethernet - its usually only IT staff.

I honestly am at a loss to think of, barring prehaps people working with insanely large files, who besides IT staff needs ethernet. IT staff needs ethernet to get into the network gear when the wifi goes down up until the point they can get the wifi back online.

Since the WiFi is generated by a WAP connected directly to the Ethernet, you can't really use WiFi without Ethernet unless you're using WiMAX or something. Ethernet gives you a good auxiliary network in case WiFi is not working.

Who said the Wifi wasn't attached to ethernet?

Obviously ethernet is the backbone in any corporate environment. At peoples desks you want it available via docks, so that large software/patchs can be deployed.

People bored in meeting rooms browsing facebook can do just fine on Wifi.

When you get back to your desk you plug the single USB C cable into your laptop. All your shit at your desk is plugged into the dock - you don't need all those ports on your laptop.

Friendly reminder that wireless connection (WiFi) is more stable than wired.
Get with the time, degenerates.

Then I recommend you neck yourself, faggot.

>clever design
I don't know user, between the option of offering something that you know will break with use, which if constant maybe within the year, or simply not offering it, I'd choose not to offer it. Specially when you can buy ethernet adapters for cheap.

>The design lets you plug in a cable, but you'd need to practically break the thing to remove the cable.
>It was such a disaster we had to accelerate our WIFI deployment so that we could remove ethernet in our meeting rooms. The rooms became like traps. You'd go, plug in, and then couldn't leave because your laptop was not held hostage by the table.

I witnessed the same situation in my work. Don't remember laptop brand though.
slim lan>kensigton lock
>There's a little notch on ethernet cables you have to press down to remove the cable. It's not very hard
no shit captain obvious. geee... we should've tried this since we always disconnect from normal ports by pulling them really hard while blocking the computer with a foot

I never knew about these dock things
Very interesting, now i need to go ddo some research

>You don't need all those ports on your laptop
>Just exist solely inside this vacuum where there exists only a single use case!

Mobility > Stability.

People want to move around - the business at my work will soon reach a level where we won't have desktops.

Part of an easy disaster recovery plan is to give all your workers laptops that you make it a requirement they bring with them at all times.

where is the part that does KLICK-KLANG sound?

Hahahahahahahaha

I'm going to miss these. We had about a decade of use of these things. Super reliable.

Now we have USB C docks. Where you pray to your favourite god that Windows will plug and play that shit.

I don't even know if USB C docks work in Linux, Freebsd etc....

Punch yourself in the face right now. It's the only way you're going to learn a lesson.

they got rid of the lan port because the apple user base stopped using it

I didn't even know USB-C existed. I've only heard of A and B. Guess I need to catch up with the times, maybe retake some of my college IT classes that I did back in 2010/2011.

If it breaks then it just becomes a mac lolllll

This is the reason why I don't want to switch to a newer Ultrabook (i.e. X1 Carbon). It is incredibly satisfying to position the laptop into a proper docking station.

They'll pry the i7 x260 with LTE from my dead, cold fingers.

>someone WILLINGLY paid to post on Sup Forums

We still use oldschool docks.

Most satisfying part is slamming the eject button with your fist so the laptop jumps out at the end of a long workday.

>lol
>not w

it's just a scaled down port; it's still native ethernet. it's proprietary because there is no standard yet for mini rj-45, is there?

mini rj-45 sounds like fucking Heresy to me

Dude you have really been under a rock, but don't shovel your shekels to edjewcation yet.

u must buy retard latitudes then because we have down to 12" screen size latitudes (7270) that have a regular rj45 jack

>paying for pass

>i like big plugs and i cannot lie

my lenovo carbon x-1 came with a USB C ethernet adapter what ghetto shit are you buying?

it would.
I guess lenovo went that way so the port has no movieng part. Making it both cheaper to build, and harder to break as the user

use an adapter or a dock or stop being a jobless kid asking questions about business tech

The thinness meme is so retarded.

You may go a week or so marvelling at how sleek and thin it is but after that you just want get work done and don't look at it twice any more.

But of course that means tech "journalists" love that shit.
They don't use their reviewed product for more than week after all.

this is the core of the issue: people just decide arbitrarily they "need" useless "features"

Hahahahaha the camera on your one plus 3 is broken

Buy a toughbook

Nothing, the internet is full of morons.

What a fucking retarded way of thinking. It's like you had a laptop with a Seagate HDD that died in 2 weeks, BUT HEY, IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE AT LEAST YOU HAD A HDD IN THE FIRST PLACE

Man I had to carry a toughbook through the Alps for a summer a few years back. Fuck those things.