Best value 2nd monitor for reference material...

best value 2nd monitor for reference material? say you just wanted a screen using integrated/onboard mobo graphics for strategy guides/browsing alongside a gaming monitor

I'd like to use a mount to set it portrait if that matters

pic not related and not mine

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3BG14N7971
ebay.co.uk/itm/P2016-Dell-19-5-IPS-MONITOR/323119964564?epid=2071102081&hash=item4b3b736194:g:2vMAAOSwP69ancYb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it can be a tiny 22 inch with 100ms response, not bothered, only really care about a e s t h e t i c s & build quality

You can't use onboard graphics and a dedicated gpu at the same time

really? that blows

What gpu do you currently have

1x evga ftw3 1080ti

Then you won't have a problem either way with 2 monitors

cool, any ideas for a 1080p monitor for this purpose? I have a VIVO single mount ready for it

newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3BG14N7971

Every person you ask will give you a different answer, I personally like Asus monitors and would go with any IPS panel that is the cheapest, you could watch sites like www.slickdeals.net for discounts.
If you aren't using it for gaming then it really doesn't matter what you go with

Whatever is cheapest and has a way to mount in portrait. You don't need color fidelity, wide viewing angle, or low pixel response time on your strategy guides.

You can if your mobo supports it.

Though you can connect multiple screens to your dedicated gpu, and Chrome won't eat much resources sitting on the other screen. You will need to set your game to borderless window instead of fullscreen, or Windows will blank the other screen.

Or just grab a cheapass used laptop to view guides on since that'll be easy to scroll and mouse on without disrupting your game.

Or use the shift-tab browser in Steam for that purpose.

Do you even need 1080p to view some text and images on?

i guess not

One of those crappy old 1280x1024 LCDs that everybody wants to get rid of should do the trick. Just make sure it accepts something that isn't VGA because the 1080ti can't do that.

thanks friend

If you want to use it in portrait, avoid TN panels, they look like shit when not in the right orientation.

You can get used 1600x1200 20" IPS really cheap too

This is important. If you get one of the old 1280x1024 ones it will be TN, though with the 5:4 aspect ratio there's not much need to put it in portrait anyway.

which ones? I just need one that has a displayport or hdmi so I can connect 1080ti to it easily

I have like £100

DVI-D is acceptable as well. Adapters and cables between HDMI and DVI-D are passive, cheap, and work either way around.

great, thoughts on this? mainly if its compatible with the mount I already have? ebay.co.uk/itm/P2016-Dell-19-5-IPS-MONITOR/323119964564?epid=2071102081&hash=item4b3b736194:g:2vMAAOSwP69ancYb

is there anyway to check

You can connect multiple DP monitors to a 1080ti. I believe the limit is 4 screens, connected through any combination of the connectors provided.

Also that £65 19.5" Dell one you linked and then deleted looks like a winner imo. IPS, 900p, Displayport, VESA mount. A fine side screen for pretty cheap though I'm not familiar with britbong PC part prices.

thanks, it was - copped it but have to get another cable - cheers for all the help