Pachinko games

Ok I need some help with this. Someone is paying me $100 to get this japanese pachinko machine working. But i dont know how to even connect it to US mains voltage. Any help... well helps. I know theres a bunch of parts broken like light bulbs and stuff.

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/place/2950 Eastlake Ave E, Seattle, WA 98102/@47.648306,-122.3238507,3a,60y,122.61h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saKdco68B47SJLx2U7vzsQA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x549014e4dec1f6c7:0x31c14b2c6e3438c4!8m2!3d47.6482327!4d-122.3233169
amazon.com/120v-100v/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:120v to 100v
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My only guess is to add a US mains voltage connector to the red wires of this big ass transformer.

>tfw actually something related to technology pops up on Sup Forums
You might want to try your luck on /diy/, though.

Do it, be an hero

>both wires red
uhhh
uhhhhh

its AC.

I'd seriously not plug that in OP, nippon uses 100V and your wallpixies are delivered at a different rate.

Heres the label if that helps.

How about you take it to that address and see if they can help you there.

nice quality, I can't read blur.

Though I gotta add, you can probably plug this in if its made for the US consumer market, the wallpixies won't blox it to smithereens if its a product actually made for US market.

UHHHH /WSR/ ?

google.com/maps/place/2950 Eastlake Ave E, Seattle, WA 98102/@47.648306,-122.3238507,3a,60y,122.61h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saKdco68B47SJLx2U7vzsQA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x549014e4dec1f6c7:0x31c14b2c6e3438c4!8m2!3d47.6482327!4d-122.3233169

check it, that place closed YEARS AGO!

I think it was made in Japan.

Ok so I think i should connect a mains lead to the two red wires. ill blame you guys if my house explodes

Why'd you accept the job if you can't do it?

Return the $100 and tell them you can't do it because you're not a professional pachinko machine repairman.

ok pal, so I purchased a pair of machines from my local dump for $20. and someone offered to pay me $100 if i get it repaired.

Why don't you go to /diy/ instead? You won't get any help on this shit board only memes

Unless you think you can get the job done in under 10 hours, don't waste your time. Below that, and you're not making enough money to justify the time you spend on it. Spend it focusing on whatever should be doing, like paying bills or whatever.

I'm gonna also recommend that you post this on /diy/, since there's probably a lot more people that can help you there than here. This place is non-stop memes and consumerism/identity bullshit generals. /diy/ actually has people that know what they're doing around electronics and mechanical stuff.

>calculates hourly wage for one-off jobs
why haven't i thought about this

Its actually 8 hours because he isn't even making 100. Personally I wouldn't spend more than an hour or two at it. Consider it $20 in entertainment/education OP.

Install gentoo

thats a tiny transformer
probably 16 volts.
look for a voltage and a VAC on it somewhere.
hook up 120v to the two reds
check voltage leaving the xformer
if its nothing or not what it should be, replace it.

ITT: neet larpers pretend they have jobs or that their time is valuable.

I remember an HN guy working for a pachinko place in JP saying that most "modern" pachinkos are actually based in sega dreamcast that didn't sell.

google how to connect japan shit to american shit, and see if you need special plugs or circuitry.

if it doesn't need something special, see what wattage it needs and get a plug accordingly.

If you don't know the difference between AC and DC, you really shouldn't have taken on the project.

give me 100 dollars and i tell you

its made in japan but for a us market, it should work fine on us mains voltage. If you're still not sure then you need to look up the part numbers on the transformers sticker and pray that you can find any documentation. Other wise you're just gonna have to keep going up stream till you can find out what the operating voltage of everything inside the unit it, and then replace it with a correct transformer that will turn 110 into whatever it needs.

But I would bet my nuts that its for 110 because a company importing a game from japan wouldn't be able to fucking sell it in america if nobody could plug it in.

Step 1: amazon.com/120v-100v/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:120v to 100v

Although I'm reading that their 100V devices often do work on our lines but it's not guaranteed to be safe for the device.

t. konami

You have a few options here:
A. Use a voltage converter because Japan is 100 VAC and US is 120 VAC.
B. Connect a US cord and pray. It may well work; it's only a +20% error. On the other hand it might let the magic smoke out.
C. Research the machine first and make sure that transformer is even meant to be connected to mains, and not some specialized power supply.

The Google Translate app on Android can OCR and translate Japanese to engrish. I can't use it on the picture of the label you posted because the picture's too blurry, but if you get in closer you might be able to figure something else.

Also you should probably charge a bit more than $100 to repair a machine like this with no real documentation.