Gtx 2000s series releases this year

>gtx 2000s series releases this year
>i9 intel processors kick the shit out of i7s
>my gtx 1070 + i7-4790k combo is now trash
>tfw
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My i7-2700k + GTX 960 combo is still perfectly viable and I have yet to get any performance issues on any game whatsoever. You don't need it.

Intel i9, for when you're too much of a manchild to use a xeon and need a workstation.

>Boohoo a new gpu coming out means my old one doesn't work

samefag

My home PC is still a 2500K. When new stuff is out, old stuff becomes obsolete as a purchase, not obsolete for usage.

...GTX 1070 can get high/max on all games at 1440p. Until 4K@120Hz screens are out, and you buy one. you are fine.

Here's your (You)

i laugh at you faggot , 2600k +970 here and it feels pretty ok

>owns a gimped piece of shit gpu that's less powerful than a PS4
>thinks his opinion matters
l
o
l

>can still play most things at ultra
>somehow a bad thing
You're a dipshit and a half.

How's it feel to be missing out on the 2600k, the greatest CPU of all time?

not him but your card is garbage,
you *might* be able to get 200$ for it on ebay, which is about 125$ after shipping and ebay+paypal fees :^)

200-20%=125 now?

you know the rules of pc gaming, either go max settings 60fps or gtfo back to consoleddit

>i9 intel processors kick the shit out of i7s
Absolutely not really.

But I already do that.

>60fps
120 is the minimum now. And stable high fps > graphics, always.

>970
no you don't
>spend $900+ on a pc
>have to play at worse settings than ps4 to maintain 60-120 fps

Yes I do lmao. How hard do you have to justify your purchases to me, bud?

Regret is poisonous. I am happy with my CPU that has lasted ~7 years, and looking forward to another few years of decent performance.

>would love just to have a low end gaming rig that can push 1080p 30fps
>integrated processors capable of such a feat in all but the most demanding games exist
>still don't have the money for it

I may never feel the way OP feels and it's bitter sweet.

No job? You can decent machines for cheap.

at least it has fuckingc open-source linux support D:

k

120fps is 4 times better than any ps4 settings.

Also PC ultra>ps4 ultra

And pc 4k > ps4 checkerboard """4k""".

Nah, cannot get work, cannot apply for disability. With Ram prices being what they are, my machine would be 100 more expensive than it should be anyway

>cannot get work
Why?

I know that feel

i7 6700k +1070 user here

You should just accept that your going to get out classed every year

I've moved on from it
it still works well enough expect on ME:A
where it shutters like a m*ther****er

I wish i had upgraded before the price jack

Nvidia cocksuckers used buttcoin mining as excuse to permajack all their tiers prices.

best part? The 2000 series is just gonna be a refresh on a slightly better node.Thats it. All the cards will be identical spec across the board but with 10-15% better core/boost clocks (no more than 10% max on OC ceiling so for anyone with an good aftermarket card OC'ed to 2000 mhz there is zero reason to upgrade)

And they will graciously reduce the prices to slightly above what they were for each card class before this price jack.

The new Titan is going to be mediocre as fuck too. ITs only got 50% more cuda cores than the last gen titan and based on the inital test done on the titanV samples people have already gotten theres gonna be issues with properly saturating the cores which means the performance gains over its next lower tier will be even smaller then the performance difference between a 1080 and a 1080ti

ITs a mediocre as fuck release. Total dogshit. The only silver lining is GDDR6 boosting bandwidth enough that maybe they will offer an affordable 1070-equivalent card in the form of a 1060-spec with 15% faster clocks and GDDR6 giving the 128-bit bus bandwidth approaching a 256-bit on GDDR5

2080 might be interesting also. If GDDR6 on the same 256-bit bus that combined with 10-15% faster clocks might give it the last bit of power it needs at 4K to be a cheaper substitute for the the 1080ti/2080ti

thats not how this works

Why 1080p? If you don't have much budget you need to be low res. 720p or lower.

Anxiety disorder and no insurance to pay for medicine or any sort of therapy. :u

playing 720 would make me want to slit my throat. How do people even do this if they aren't playing from far away?
but regardless, $99 for a good cpu and relatively fantastic integrated GPU + overclocking is about as budget as i'm gonna find.

>t. brainlet
Your components aren't trash just because better ones exist now. You're falling for the marketing, retard.

Are they legitimately going from incrementing the 100s to incrementing by 1000 each new chipset? That's fucking retarded.

>cpu only has 4 cores/threads
>gtx 1080 only good enough for 1440p
>addicted to downsampling from 4k or higher (only way to make modern games not look like blurry shit)
>pc not stronk enough for even locked 30fps at that res
>can't be assed to do a new build
>cpu will bottleneck a gtx 2080

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY AN I7 FOR 1080P GAMING? COULD HAVE GOTTEN AN I5-4690K FOR YOUR SHIT 1080P RIG.

also, 1070 cant handle 1440p effectively on air.

you heard of the new ryzen apu's? they would get you exacltly the performance you are looking for for 99-150 bucks on the cpu.

>being this distressed about games
Grow up

your cpu is already bottlenecking. unless you have a decent i7 that is.

>4 cores/threads
>threads
He doesn't. i5 at best.

heh that's the one i was talkin about getting. You gotta overclock it tho, so unfortunately I can't cheap out on the motherboard too much, but i can't afford any of it unless I find a way to make money at home

Skylake-x is shit, and Intel isn't releasing Ice Lake this year, so just forget about it.