So which company did /notchkino/ better?

so which company did /notchkino/ better?

Apple, at least the iPhone does not have a chin, so there is that...

>curved corners
>notch
Smartphones were a mistake.

Curved corners have practical use to prevent screen cracking when dropped.
A corner will focus all of the kinetic energy on impact into a directed focal point and shatter the whole screen.
A rounded corner will roll and evenly distribute the energy

Goes to show you how dumb the average lagdroid user is.

Left, the curvature on the right looks completely unappealing, like some fucking bib. However the whole concept is extremely ugly.

*cracks your path*

it's just a stupid concept overall, and the asus phone doesn't even have a 3d camera so it could have had something similar to the essential phone's camera notch

I still don't understand what added functionality has such a screen. Rounded corners? Okay. But the notch... It's ugly and just pretty much removes a part of the screen.

the right looks so much better, are you high?

Bezels also have a practical use to do the exact same thing and yet no one likes those.

notches wider than pic-related are unacceptable on android. notifications going behind the notch is real dumb.

why dont they just lower the screen and then there doesnt have to be a notch :^)

The notch is there because you can't just hide the front-facing camera, speaker and some other shit behind the screen, retard.

It still looks dumb.

When will obstructive notch meme design end? Fuck this stupid shit.

I can't wait until all smartphones have notches so some company re-introduces the revolutionary concept of bezels to solve the notch problem

Left one looks better, but man notches are cancer.

>Who is the bigger idiot ?

>not using actual buttons instead of the cancerous navbar
>not placing camera/lightsensors between the buttons
btw you can easily hide speaker under the screen.

cancer notch is just a retarded means to fuck developers into purchasing retarded software to accomidate retarded resolutions. (notice the rounded corners as well? this is also apart of the above)

The first time I saw an iphone x irl I realized it has big ass bezels around the entire screen that looks ugly as fuck and you could see all the sensors in the notch it was distracting

>2010+8
>physical buttons
Can't have that.

How about Xiaomi's revolutionary solution?

Definitely better than a notch, but this is better.
Curved corners are alright on 18:9, that space is wasted anyway. Curved edges are the real problem(luckily it's not mainstream).

transparent displays will solve notches though

I can't wait the days when the screen is just projected on your palm
holding the phone all the time gives me carpal tunnel syndrome

Yeah, fuck contrast and color accuracy, right? I'm waiting for retinal displays or, even better, neural displays.

No, I just don't have shit taste like yourself.

left or right?

Neither.

I use the original pixel

in blue

>Curved corners have practical use to prevent screen cracking when dropped.
>OLED
>cracking

left the right looks too much like a kike yarmulkes

Neither, they're both trash

Jej

This.
Oled panels don't crack, the glass does

Yeah yeah the notch whatever. At least Apple kept the phone somewhat symmetrical other than that notch. The phone on left (asus? I forget) has a completely unnecessarily big bezel on the bottom and it looks stupid. Like they were trying to copy the S8 and halfway through the project abandoned that idea and decided to copy the iPhone X.

Essential phone does it better btw.

>chin

Only design nerds will truly appreciate the curves of the notch and screen.

Off axis. It'll be like laptop keyboards with a keypad that shifts your hand position to the left. people will put up with that subtle displacement, but it'll be subconsciously wrong.

>google hardware

id buy a phone without a front facing camera
just saying

apple because the os is built around it

This is nice