Why doesn't Sup Forums love OSX?

Why doesn't Sup Forums love OSX?
>built on UNIX so get the benefits of a POSIX compliant OS
>doesn't have the bloat of 20 years backwards compatibility for Boomer managers who won't pay for new software made after 1995
>user interface is sleek, unified and doesn't crash like Linux
>can't rice it
>built for productivity and its user base doesn't care about gayming because they're adult professionals
>doesn't have ads in its interface like Windows or Ubuntu (at least other distros achieve this small achievement too)
>most everyday options are in easy to find menus, but can modify other settings with terminal
The ONLY problem is that some parts are not FOSS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-90iRQbd0fg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>user interface is sleek, unified
before Yosemite, yeah.

The biggest issue is the hardware.
Those oversized tablets just don't let the OS show it's full potential.

They'll hopefully go back to a better style eventually, but even post-flat style it's more unified and well designed than any alternative

>doesn't have games
>surprised when Sup Forums, a board of people who mostly got into tech due to gaming, doesn't like it

Even if the internals are good, it gave me the impression that Apple is trying its hardest to hide and lock away those internals from the user.

>User base are adults professional.

kek'd so hard.

Too much of a pain to upgrade. Even back in the mid 2000s I had to disassemble an iBook G4 almost entirely just to upgrade the HDD.

> is bsd

>doesn't have the bloat of 20 years backwards compatibility for Boomer managers who won't pay for new software made after 1995

so which is it

How is this anything to do with OSX again?

>BSD
>bloat

my linux uis have never crashed. that kind of shit happens only on windows.

>built on UNIX so get the benefits of a POSIX compliant OS

>any modern "Unix" software is primarily developed on Linux these days
>available package managers are much worse than the ones available on Linux, making installing unix software often a pain
>needs to be specifically ported to OS X to be useful so you don't have to run an extra X server, look extremely out of place, or runs like shit

But hey Apple paid good money for that UNIX cert so you gotta shill it as much as you can.

>built on Unix shaped pieces of a incomplete research kernel
>decrepit userland
>page faults if you glance at it sideways
>original hardware is overpriced or underpowered
>latest release is a joke in progress
>users hold a long time reputation of taking dicks in the bum
gee

Can't do some videogames on it.

Specifically, I have connected a CRT TV to my PC which works perfectly with hackintosh, and while SwitchResX works with the resolution, the software that supports that doesn't go well. On Windows it works perfectly.

Yeah, it's one thing but I want to do that and not dual boot everytime.

I will admit that its cool macports exists, but that's about it

[rmondello.jpg]

Or you could stop playing with children's toys

You can't stop me

Bad, BAD window management, it seriously expects you to keep your workspace cluttered and not minimize anything if you want to quickly switch between windows.

>cant rice it
why is that a pro
>built for productivity
/right/
>doesnt have ads in its interface
because if you bought one it's already too late
>most everyday options are easy to find menus
why is this a pro
i dont like gui.
this is b8, i know.

You forgot that you have to pay the Apple tax and also they hate Free Software

I like OSX, I have a Mac mini someone gifted me a few years ago that I keep turned on at home with a few big external HDDs, when I'm at work or in another room on one of my Linux computers I can just scp files I want to keep over to it and then SSH into the mac and transfer it for storage wherever I want. It's like my own personal cloud.

'cause i'm not a fag

One word "Apple"

Yep this part is fucking shit

This, and the fact that the parts are locked inside of a hunk of metal. Also overpriced. Looks good though

youtube.com/watch?v=-90iRQbd0fg
bravo ashton

>osx
I don't even know what that is or does, sorry.
>macOS
Is a piece of shit OS built around the AppStore. I need to install xcode before I can use terminal tools? Why is the download 5GB?
Also Apple block open source technologies like Vulkan to shill their inferior propriety version Metal.

Well little boy if your hard drive dies you can't access your oh ess exx :( and Macs are known for drive issues.

Except it isn't BSD,

>mach-O
>Quartz/Cocoa
as a normal user
>shit hardware compatibility
other than that its god tier

>proprietary trash
>autistic "bar at the bottom, bar at the top" desktop environment
>isn't a standalone operating system, but one that comes bundled with Apple products (very limited choice of very expensive hardware)
>garbage file system
>huge recent security issues

that's why i hackintosh user