PS5

What do you guys think the PS5 will be like?

It'll probably look like a fucking PC, with christmas lights on the inside and a case window.

Its technology though.

Underwhelming

Being as no grown adult plays games on a PC, as they all run Linux, consoles are the only way to play video games.

Uneventful. Why would anyone buy a fresh new console when you can't produce a solid exclusive game linup and there's also the possibiliy of an upgraded version in a few years.

Anyone miss when consoles used different architectures? It gave them a lot of uniqueness, with some being MIPS, others being powerpc, etc. Nowadays, they're all basically just budget gaming PCs.

Mini-ITX Budget PC.

PS5? More like PiS5

8K gimmick. Fast. And still cost far less than a PC if crypto bubble didn't burst by then. I'll get one if PC prices don't get back 2 normal by then.

it will go down on history as the platform where VR became popular.

sony's gonna make more money out of these than from the ps2

If they their cards well they should be using a Ryzen Based CPU with an Nvidia GTX 1070 GPU and going for the 1080p 60 fps target and the 4k target on "cinematic" games.
both with their dedicated vapor chambers and cooling, space for 2hdds and 1 ssd optional, that would BTFO Xbox One X owners to oblivion

Same shit as PS4 pro with more emphasis on 4k. I don't have any crazy expectations.

Probably won't come out anytime soon

>implying it wouldn't just be bare minimum they can get away with, like always.

Underrated post.

1.5TB HDD with option to buy a 2TB premium model, games require at least 500GB of free space and no longer the option to upgrade the HDD yourself without voiding the warranty

the PS5 will have a Ryzen APU, a 4TB HDD with 256mb cache and 8GB HBM3 RAM for the premium model.

4k will be a standard by then, with whatever the next big this is (8k or something) getting released in a "Pro" model. Digital distribution will be much more widespread than it is now, so you'll see even less physical game disks in stores.

I still don't think PC will BTFO consoles by then. I play some newer games on PC and it's still a mess. Take Nier Automata for example. Tons of issues unless you use a fan-made mod called FAR. And apparently this is just something that everyone just accepts. There are many examples of broken hacky things you have to do to get games to work on PC, that I don't mind, but other people do and just don't want the hassle. So consoles will be around for a while

Probably keep the same core OS as the PS4 for backwards compatibility (with a few frontend tweaks), 6core12thread ryzen based processor and maybe some form of vega/navi graphics?

I'm going to wait a extra year for the PS5 slim.

it won't be match for the new Atari that's for sure

Okay OP, hear me out.

A small device shaped like a dragon dildo that streams all of its games from Sony's servers.

I think it'll be pretty similar to the PS4, I mean what can they really do so differently? Moar shitty AAAs and moar shitty remakes.

I hope I'm wrong, I don't really PC game any more apart from a few hours of CS:GO here and there. I just don't care enough for PC gaming any more, I'm only really interested in console games now.

epic

it will be utter trash like every other console.

If it had PS4 backward compatibility then, assuming the price isn't fucking absurd, I will most likely sell my PS4 on the spot and buy a PS5.

>basically an emulator
I'll carry on using my old laptop for Atari emulation, thanks m8.

I'm mostly curious what technologies they'll use to shill the next gen of consoles. The current gen was the "4k gen" while in reality it could barely run any games at 4k while having more than 20fps. I doubt 8k would be realistic for next gen unless they're planning to go with some "10fps is more cinematic" shill but besides that how many people even own 8k televisions?

8k isn't coming next gen, it may come next mid-gen but I think that might be a stretch too far. The current gen wasn't even the 4k gen since literally nobody had capable hardware at the time. They'll improve the experience slightly, there'll be slightly better hardware, slightly better software, slightly better social experience, slightly better inter connectivity, slightly better hardware compatibility, but they'll make it all seem like it's a big leap when it's not. I don't think there'll be any particular hardware gimmick this time.

One thing I will absolutely give to Sony is that they managed to make the PS4 seem like a great console even though very little sets it apart from the PS3 other than it being more powerful.

It'll be another step backward with no massive leaps forward, just like the PS4 was to the PS3. Expect a PS5 Pro to compensate for mediocre performance during the initial launch years.
Consoles are more of a joke now than they've ever been.

A mining console

In what way was the PS4 a joke? It only seems unremarkable because everything about it is so good.

I bet Sony and Microsoft are loving this crypto shit, even more reason for people to be consolefags when PC parts cost so much.

The thing I miss most about consoles is the plug n play aspect to them. The advantage they had over pc was just pop the disc in and wallah you can play your game. Now you have to install the game to your limited HDD. The PS5,XB2 and the switch 2 are just going to be streaming boxes or a Xbox Games pass/EA Pass subscription.

>Backwards compatibility

>Sony

Voila*

Consoles are still very much plug n play, they just give you a bit more control over system management, which is 2018 is actually a good thing in. There's no need to hide everything from the end user any more, the means to present system management in a simple format exist so why not allow it?

There's no way next gen consoles will be streaming boxes, they'll lose their sense of exclusivity if they do that. They offer streaming services not because their plan is to stream everything, but because it's another thing that they can offer. Next gen will still largely be based on physical discs. Kids don't care any more but the parents who buy the majority of console games still want to go to the supermarket and buy a physical birthday/xmas present for their kids. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo understand these facts very well.

An oversized Raven Ridge APU with GDDR5 that falls behind a Vega 56 but can barely run new titles using variable resolution and variable refresh in strange combinations to sometimes achieve 4K@60 fps. The new Xbox will be identical.

8K is a ways away as people still aren't buying 4K screens, and there's no way consoles will have the processing power for it.

>Consoles are still very much plug n play

The advantage with consoles over pc was the fact you did not need to install the game to play them.

>they just give you a bit more control over system management, which is 2018 is actually a good thing in

So a PC?

>There's no need to hide everything from the end user any more, the means to present system management in a simple format exist so why not allow it?

Consoles never needed any of this. Just put the disc in and play. You actually had more control wit storage with past consoles like the PS@ and GC with memory cards.

>There's no way next gen consoles will be streaming boxes, they'll lose their sense of exclusivity if they do that.

Oh they defiantly will try because all digital will be the new gimmick. You pay a sub to download there games. $25 a month with a loyal fanbase could make them billions. They see netflix and hulu are more successful this way. Google EA access.

>Next gen will still largely be based on physical discs.

You forget they absolutely hate physical disc because of used games=piracy.

>Kids don't care any more but the parents who buy the majority of console games still want to go to the supermarket and buy a physical birthday/xmas present for their kids.

This isn't 2004 user. Again Netflix and youtube is the future for most content these days. They see how well microtransactions are doing and know that people will buy anything they throw at them.

>Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo understand these facts very well.

You don't understand the facts. The Wii was the last traditional console and current gen is moving away from the traditional console.

>HBM3
You realize the Xbox One first released with DDR3 right? At best GDDR6 will be available then.

Hell I think you're being generous with a 4 TB HDD. At most 2 TBs.

Does the Switch even have an optical drive?

SD card slot

>The advantage with consoles over pc was the fact you did not need to install the game to play them.
No, that was one advantage, out of many.

>So a PC?
No, they're still incredibly closed systems with a little bit more customization than before.

:>Consoles never needed any of this. Just put the disc in and play. You actually had more control wit storage with past consoles like the PS@ and GC with memory cards.
They do need it now because games are so big that they can't fit on a disc and devs like having the ability to push updates which they couldn't do in the past either.

>Oh they defiantly will try because all digital will be the new gimmick. You pay a sub to download there games. $25 a month with a loyal fanbase could make them billions. They see netflix and hulu are more successful this way. Google EA access.
No, they won't. The moment they push this as their primary focus is the moment they give consoles up for good. They already have streaming services, I already know about them, they won't become their major focus any time soon.

>You forget they absolutely hate physical disc because of used games=piracy.
They don't hate discs, they don't care that much. If they really did they'd include CD keys like you used to get in the past with PC games.

>This isn't 2004 user. Again Netflix and youtube is the future for most content these days. They see how well microtransactions are doing and know that people will buy anything they throw at them.
You seem to have ignored my main point here. It's the parents who buy most of the games. Parents don't understand digital wallet gift cards and shit like that, parents want to buy their kids a physical disc that they can hold in their hands to give as a present. The kids aren't the ones who get the say here.

>You don't understand the facts. The Wii was the last traditional console and current gen is moving away from the traditional console.
You've just spewed a whole loads of falsehoods.

speaking of this meme machine. Is it still alive? I haven't heard much since last year.

>What do you guys think the PS5 will be like?
It will overheat and die after 2 years because muh poor sony.

Take a lok at these dumbfucks literally think sony would go bankrupt if the playstation wouldn't break after 5 years max and defend them constantly.
Gamers that don't know how computers work are the scum of the earth.

PS5 will probably be a subscription console. You have to pay monthly to pay, just like with the shitstation 4 and its online mode already.

As for me, single player stuff, I prefer PC. For friends, I just pick whatever console they seem to like the most.

But I'm not into gaming as much as I used to be.

And a cartridge port.

Sony is emphasizing "next gen features" when the base PS4 was simply underpowered. The PS4 Pro wouldn't have been necessary if they weren't rushing to release the PS4 in 2013. Even still, the PS4 Pro is still underpowered for what they want to achieve. Upscaling to 4K is a joke and it doesn't even look good a lot of the time. They should've focused more on getting the system to run games at 1080p60. It's also laughable that the console doesn't even play back 4K Blu Ray discs. 4K on PS4 just turned out to be another gimmick, along with VR but the lack of games can pretty much be blamed for that. And lack of games brings me to the lack of backwards compatibility. PS4 has all of these bells and whistles and while missing features from the PS3, it's still pretty average where it counts. And that's only referring to the PS4 Pro.

Sony and Microsoft have already said there won't be a next generation of consoles, just incremental upgrades. Consoles have essentially become PCs.

It's just wording, there might not be a 'Playstation 5', but there'll be a Playstation 5 under another name. Console developers have done this before under different guises, the only difference now is that consumers want to hear them say something different, so that's what they're doing.

What the fuck do you expect them to say instead?
>'Don't buy our consoles today, it's soon to be deprecated!'

>No, that was one advantage, out of many.

And those are?

>They do need it now because games are so big that they can't fit on a disc and devs like having the ability to push updates which they couldn't do in the past either.

Your making the case that physical media is obsolete which is the reason why next gen will be all digital.

>No, they won't. The moment they push this as their primary focus is the moment they give consoles up for good. They already have streaming services, I already know about them, they won't become their major focus any time soon.

EA Access isn't a streaming service it's basically a subscription to download EA games. Same with Xbox Game Pass. There testing the waters but since there losing alot of money to used games they will try this. What choice do gamers have?

>They don't hate discs, they don't care that much.

You forget that both Sony and MS tried blocking the used game market but caved in when people were upset with MS doing it first.

>It's the parents who buy most of the games. Parents don't understand digital wallet gift cards and shit like that, parents want to buy their kids a physical disc that they can hold in their hands to give as a present. The kids aren't the ones who get the say here.

You realize Netflix/Hulu is insanely popular with kids and parents will always cave into there childrens wants you moron. If a company is advertising that your child can play all his favorite games for $20 a month they will absolutely buy into this crap like they did with Netflix/Alexa.

>You've just spewed a whole loads of falsehoods.

How am I wrong about the Wii being the last traditional console?

i have come full circle
>grow up playing consoles
>fall for masterrace meme and start playing on windows
>take an interest in computing past games, start learning programming and install linux
>learn to hate windows, use linux as my sole OS
>back to playing games on consoles (albeit not very often)

>You have to pay monthly to pay
I realize this is a typo but it honestly feels like this is what we're heading towards.

Oh, I meant pay to play. Sorry for that.

I basically described banks by accident.
>'Buy your money from us!'
(speaking of fees)

>And those are?
Pricing (way cheaper than PCs), it just werks, no need to build anything, no need to modify the build in any way, games don't require hunting around for the correct patches or making sure you have the correct hardware or any bullshit like that (still true regardless of them not working straight out of the box), you can easily share games with friends, hardware such as controllers are designed to work out of the box. 99% of reasons to buy a console are as true today as they were in 1983.

>Your making the case that physical media is obsolete which is the reason why next gen will be all digital.
They're already obsolete and have been for years, yet they are still a big deal this gen for reasons I outlined.

>EA Access isn't a streaming service it's basically a subscription to download EA games. Same with Xbox Game Pass. There testing the waters but since there losing alot of money to used games they will try this. What choice do gamers have?
I know what those services are, I was just grouping them in with streaming services because of their similarities. Gamers will use streaming services, I have at no point denied this. Publishers as well as Sony/Microsoft will still want to charge top dollar for newly released games. These other services are to carry on milking old games primarily.

>You forget that both Sony and MS tried blocking the used game market but caved in when people were upset with MS doing it first.
If they really wanted to end the used game market all they would have to do is make digital downloads a bit cheaper and it would die overnight. But they don't. Because they don't care that much. They wouldn't have caved if it was something they were seriously bothered about.

I don't care any more pal, you do you.

Like a shit version of a PC.

OP is a homosexual.

Went through the exact same process what the fuck.

>pay monthly to pay
Isn't that what xbox pass basically is? You have to pay monthly to be able pay in some microtrAAAnsaction "game"?

It'll be a re-badged Xbox OneX

>Pricing (way cheaper than PCs), it just werks

With the same parts not really that much cheaper

>no need to build anything, no need to modify the build in any way,

So opening the side panel and adding a GPU is too hard for you?

>games don't require hunting around for the correct patches or making sure you have the correct hardware or any bullshit like that

Stop using Windows 10 and stop playing shit games

>you can easily share games with friends

As you can on PC you fucking moron.

>hardware such as controllers are designed to work out of the box

So keyboard and mouses don't? And you realize using a game pad is easy peezy whether your using linux or windows.

>99% of reasons to buy a console are as true today as they were in 1983

You actually think current gen consoles are the same as the Atari 2600? The Atari crushes current consoles.

>These other services are to carry on milking old games primarily.

There testing the waters user. Like paid multiplayer and micro transactions.

>If they really wanted to end the used game market all they would have to do is make digital downloads a bit cheaper and it would die overnight. But they don't. Because they don't care that much. They wouldn't have caved if it was something they were seriously bothered about.

You forget it totally backfired during MS horrible E3 show and Sony capitalized on it. They'll just advertise it as an innovation or how its the future (like 4K). They won't abandon physical games this gen how Sony didn't add paid multiplayer last gen when XBL was popular.

>I don't care any more pal, you do you.

Go back to Sup Forums user.

gey niggers

Cloud based gaming. Smaller manufacturing costs plus ability to stream next gen games to the old consoles or using "new" console which is just a receiver

Cloud based gaming is a joke because of the latency problem, try playing a game with even 30ms input lag

>Ryzen-something based 8 core or 4C/8T CPU
>Post-Vega GPU cores
>16 to 24 GB HBM unified memory
>APU
>UHD Blu-Ray

It's not coming for 5 years at least. There is no point discussing it at this stage.

>With the same parts not really that much cheaper
Irrelevant.

>So opening the side panel and adding a GPU is too hard for you?
Irrelevant.

>Stop using Windows 10 and stop playing shit games
Irrelevant.

>As you can on PC you fucking moron.
No you can't.

>So keyboard and mouses don't? And you realize using a game pad is easy peezy whether your using linux or windows.
Irrelevant.

>You actually think current gen consoles are the same as the Atari 2600? The Atari crushes current consoles.
Probably the dumbest thing you have said.

Wow.

Let me take you one step further

>try macOS
>realize it's like Linux without the time sink and autism
>switch to macOS and console games

that is one step too far

A fucking ball.
Mock my words.

Stay asleep my dude

>macOS

>Probably the dumbest thing you have said.

The Atari 2600 was an open console meaning anyone with programming skills could develop for it. The first gaming console ever was already homebrewed. That's why I said comparing current consoles the Atari was dumb because the Atari had alot more advantages then a PS4.

>Irrelevant 3

So can't refute?

>No you can't.

It's called copying you moron.

Exactly

Yeah I remember when people said the same thing about 4k because people still weren't buying 1080p screens. In reality 4k screens are very affordable now and will become even more affordable by the time PS5 rolls around. Which is why 8k or something similar will be the new meme display for the PS5 pro like how the PS4 Pro got 4k and the regular PS4 didn't.

Lord forgive these heathens, for I was once one, yet by your grace discovered the truth
>tfw desktop too big to upload without resizing on this peasant site
I have ascended

still no 60fps

Honestly I'd trade my 60fps for some fucking games that aren't a bunch of bad ports or shitty indie crap

>a 4TB HDD

and probably still driven by SATA 2

We haven't had a true jump since PS2 -> PS3. Hopefully the next generation of consoles are running Zen instead of whatever dozer derivative.

>We haven't had a true jump since PS2 -> PS3
hurr durr we've only had one jump since then, PS3 -> PS4. You might as well just say "The other two jumps have been bigger than the jump from PS3 -> PS4"

This but emulators.

Yes, user. Except that the PS3 came out 12 years ago. We've been stuck in this hell hole for more than 10 years now.

This, see nintendo

If it's not 60fps, it's automatically a badly programmed game so your point is moot.
>using "muh indie games are not good games" as an argument

I don't want to hear your excuses for why PC has no good games.

4th to 5th gen was big

2nd to 3rd wasn't as big but still impressive.

6th to 7th was big

7th to 8th was just awful.

You're the one making excuses here, not me. Saying "muh indie games are bad mmmkay" is literally an excuse just to say there are no good games on PC.

this
>tfw trying to get another game on Steam
>read the reviews
>"ANOTHER SHITTY PORT REEEEEEEEE"
>have to install a fan-made mod just to get the game working
why do we always get shit on. It's not fair. We're supposed to be smarter for gaming on PC. We're supposed to be rewarded for being smarter.

whatever fag. no games on PC

If you're talking about big games, it's either going to be Japanese or Bethesda that's going to have terrible performance. Everything else is released as multi-plat these days.

because no one actually cares about the PC gaming market. It's full of special snowflake faggots who constantly start online activist campaigns against random ass games
>sign muh change.org petition
>let's spam the Steam store page with Sup Forums memes
Companies only give PC gamers scraps because of that

BALLIN

>playing proprietary games
disgusting
i only play pic related and pixel dungeon

Either they finally stop using the Jaguar and we get a substantial leap or everything stays the same, with the only difference being the 8k meme while still being stuck on 30fps.

not coming out till at least 2020
will have 16 cores cpu
ssd drive 32gb / 1tb drive hdd
64 gb ram / 12gb vram (shared)
seperate risc chip for video encoding and os
with 32gb of space
equivalent performance of 4x 2060's
*will include mobile chip thats always connected to the ps network outside of normal internet connection.

In all honesty probably
>16 gigs gddr5x
>6c/12t CPU
>gpu equivalent of a 1070
>1 and 2tb versions

gaymer retards get out of my board