Best free OS for normies

Hi Sup Forums, long story short I fucked up my computer really bad, and now I no longer have Windows 10 installed on it. Now, I don't want to spend any money for another operating system, so I want to install a distro one, that is also easy to use because I'm not a fucking nerd. I'm not an idiot, I know how to use a pc, I'm just not an expert. I just need it to surf the internet and use spotify and netflix, and that's about it. I rember that when I was like 13 I used Ubuntu for some time, and I could mostly do everything that I needed to do. Is it any good?

Trisquel

PCLinuxOS, no need to install "drivers" and "codecs" they are already there. Comes with WINE preconfigured so you can play vidya.

I'm a noob but I'm really enjoying manjaro kde. Honestly any of the main distros will suit your needs, as long as your PC isn't weak. If it's old as shit go for Lubuntu or Peppermint or something. It seems like it's all just personal style preference when it comes to casual use

Thanks both of you. Is it easy to install an operating system? I have a vague idea of how it works, I've seen doing it a couple of times. A tutorial on YouTube should be enough, right?

either ubuntu (test both lts and non lts) or neon

You need a working PC to get the ISO from obviously, open powershell and type

get-filehash C://distro.iso

make sure the output matches the sha256 sum to verify the download. Use Rufus to install to USB drive. Plug in USB drive, boot your PC and spam F12 or whatever and boot from USB. Distro will help you from there. Easy peasy my friend welcome to GNU/Linux

make a lazesoft disk and try to recover your serial

DONT go for trisquel first, and dont go for arch or gentoo

hey man, first of all, you have like 0$ available? If not try to look on keysite and download windows.
Are you afraid of downloading illegal software or running non activated software? Install Windows.
If both options are unavailable try ubuntu/mint.

Win 10 ltsb

Why don't you download the Windows ISO and reinstall it? If you already activated it for your computer before, it will be recognized as valid.

Ubuntu or Mint, you choose. Don't fall for anything else because these are the only ones that just work out of the box and anyone can use.

And the windows shills have come, thread is lost

>Netflix

720p is the highest resolution Netflix will stream on Linux last I checked, there might be an add-on for a browser, though.

Also this

I made a guy build my pc for me and I don't even know where tf he or the Windows ISO are

Thanks man

Looks like your only option is to go to the nearest retail store and buy a new computer. Since you don't have windows you can't even order one online!

I have this, isn't it enough?

Oh you were talking about using Windows. Get out man, I asked for a free option

>get Windows 7 iso
>get dazloader
How hard it can be?

Debian GNU+Linux

Mint