>Symbian
>Maemo
>Windows Mobile
>Bada
>webOS

I miss the days where mobile phones had more than 2 operating systems

>Bada
brought a tear to my eyes user

now we have Android, iOS, sometimes Windows and some obscure ones like postmarketOS. But yeah, we don't have multi-OS phones now (except ones with these obscure OSes)

which is really bad for the competition. It's fucking boring.

I had a wave. Good phone, man. The only Samsung phone I ever owned.

Bada were shit
Symbian master race

—fractured ecosystems
—"cool app, [my OS] version when??"
—Bada, more like "I have no money for Android"
—Windows Phone, more like "it's Windows so it must be good"
I get what you're saying, but the only things I miss about them are their aesthetics and some good design decisions… Most of which could be implemented with a good modified Android (or even just themes). If they actually tried.
Part of the problem is that every company simply killed their own ideas and styles and started copying Apple/flat design.

>Android
>iOS
>Postmarket OS
>KaiOS
>Sailfish
>PureOS
>Blackberry OS (deprecated, but still receives security updates)
>Windows Mobile 10 (deprecated, but Microsoft will surely try again in a couple years)
>Ubuntu Touch (deprecated by Canonical, though the community still continues development)
There are certainly more than 2 mobile operating systems.

Windows phone 7 was unironically good

>ONLY 3 COLORS ALLOWED IN THIS UI
this made me physically uncomfortable
otherwise it wasn't bad, just another good thing totally wasted by MS

yep, so disjointed no one would ever make software... you can stick with linux? It's kind of the same deal, they can't even pick a package. Might be why windows and apple are so popular though....

>more than 2 operating systems
There might as well be one now, since both Android and iOS abstract the hardware and low level software to the point where it's just a bunch of buttons under a piece of glass, and the icons are shaped and arranged differently. Go ahead and find me a meaningful difference between these phones now besides colors and shapes, and maybe a platform specific application here and there. There is no real difference, and retarded kids still fight over the logo and the pricetag. Mobile innovation is completely dead aside from the possibility of future GNU/Phones that use KDE Plasma Mobile on a RISC-V CPU. That's really the only thing that would make me give up my flip phone at this point. Smartphones aren't fun anymore.

Op is obviously talking about a more even market share. Now is not even close for small frys to make it. Its boring as fuck

Except symbian was pretty shit to develop for
maemo was better and n900 was great tho

>>Symbian
I unironically liked Symbian. I miss my E66.

>UIQ real master race
ftfy

>dog
>do not pet
what

>make it
People are still making mobile operating systems all the time.

Dog is not to be petted while working. He knows he's a good boy. Please do not touch.

How could you NOT pet that doggo

Symbian is king of multitasking!

Please go away

t. catfag

>Maemo
>Bada
>webOS
>feature phones
These were all embedded Linux with a high level language for writing applications. Android was the path forward from them. Symbian and WinMo were the last non-*nix phone OSes of note. Even Blackberry was QNX by the end.

Look at FOSS on Android some time, buddy. It's a game changer. My Android devices are full fledged Linux machines complete with a GNU terminal environment and apt-get. Android offers that AND the iOS stuff on a wider variety of hardware. If the kernel and update situation got resolved and there was a standard way to bypass (((integrity checks))) for rooted devices it would be a 10/10 mobile OS.

Once most non-system apps are HTML5 (or whatever the standard is called by then) based I think you'll see a resurgence of other OSs. Not that they will necessarly be any better. It's just that Amazon and Facebook and every Phone manufacturer will come out with their own thing that basically is just a container for WebViews in an attempt to control their users.

> Symbian
> sometimes iOS (friend's device, work)
> Android

I still don't understand how iOS 11 can miss the fucking call recording feature, while my jailbroken 3GS had it. It's fucking ridiculous. Oh and DND apparently means Apple to block fucking calls. It's utterly retarded.
But hey, it's an Apple product, colour me surprised.

only for few specific models tho. there are millions android devices out there with no custom rom support.