Do you buy dvds?

do you buy dvds?
don't you like having a tangible collection?

same reason I have a collection of anime figurines you faggot

I have a few but only for collection's sake, I don't actually use them. Torrents are better and free.

only for movies I like the most.
the ones that won't get ported to blu ray that is.

>don't you like having a tangible collection?
i do but i'm poor and i have to move quite often so lugging around a bunch of plastic crap would be a pain.
it's cheaper and more efficient to just keep everything on a big hdd.

I recently ripped every single DVD I own onto my plex server. best decision ever.

I always find digital to be more forgettable
I can't remember most of the thousands of films I've downloaded and watched
dvds on the other hand...

forgettable as in you forget that you have them? or forgettable as in you forget the film after watching it digitally?
I have all my films on a plex server. makes it very convenient to browse and watch them.

Criterion Collection DVDs and Blurays are the only ones worth buying.

I think he means forgettable in the sense that they have no value.
Lost it? Just download it again
I don't enjoy DVDs that much but in every way they feel more physical and of value than digital yify tier shit.
I mostly like CDs for music and bluray for movies.

I have a small Bluray collection that I keep for stuff that is hard to find online and/or has significant bonus extras. (For example, the wealth of extras in the extended LOTR movies)

DVD is a digital format

>DVD
Hell no. Long since surpassed and obsolete. The only reason to have one these days is if you have a unpopular film that wasn't released in HD. (99% of quality movies have gotten at least a Bluray these days) 480 looks especially terrible on a modern 4k screen.

>Bluray
Acceptable, but quickly falling out of favor due to HD streaming. A good chunk of TV's are still 1080p so they are still in a range where the native video quality is supported. Like having a low to mid range theater if your home.

>4k UHD with HDR
Current top of the line format. Most new TV's of the last 2 years come native at this resolution. Basically like having a mini high end theater in your house.

blanks: yes

movies: are you retard?

I bought the original SR spiderman trilogy on DVD.
It's the only movies I care about to watch again. The rest is garbage or I can't remember the name.

I make my own library of dvds

>resolution is everything
DVD still has more bitrate than streaming

>Completely missing the other big things like lossless audio and object based audio.

And most modern streaming sites can now support bitrates higher than DVD. Get a better internet connection from your ISP.

if you have 4k you're a fool if you don't buy UHD blu ray disks

>And most modern streaming sites can now support bitrates higher than DVD
DVD is 9.8 mbps.
>lossless
Something that DVDs have been able to do ever since their inception.

>480 looks especially terrible on a modern 4k screen.

As someone who's played old pre-anamorphic (480i) disks on a 4k TV, I can confirm this. Progressive disks aren't much better. A good player/TV will at least make they watchable, but many will still be extremely fuzzy if they aren't from the post 2003 digital film era.

>Something that DVDs have been able to do ever since their inception.

No major studio DVD has a lossless audio track. Quit the bullshit.

Lossless tracks was one of the big draws to Bluray when it was introduced back in 2006.

>No major studio DVD has a lossless audio track
It's called PCM, you fucking moron. It's part of the specification.

>He actually thinks PCM was widely used.

I don't even need to post anything else.

>do you buy dvds?

NO

Let me guess, you're one of those smart guys who thought SuperBit was 1080i on a DVD disc?

LMAO retard.

someone post that Kelly comic, you know the one

Where did I say that?

>do you buy dvds?
No
>don't you like having a tangible collection?
Yes, which is why I buy Blu-rays.

No, movies and TV series are generally pretty shit.