>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones

Recent News:
>The 4GB/64GB Nokia 6 (2018) is coming to the Netherlands in Ma for EUR300
>Xiaomi launches Mi LED Smart TV 4A in India
>Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S will be announced in Shanghai on March 27
>Redmi 5 coming to India next week
>Nokia 7 plus sells out in 5 minutes in China
>BlackBerry lawsuit alleges that Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp infringed on BBM patents

Previous

Attached: mimix2s.jpg (555x740, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidcentral.com/stable-oreo-update-now-rolling-out-nokia-5-and-nokia-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Been using the OnePlus X since it came out.
There's nothing technically wrong with it (other than the fact that >70% of my internal storage is filled and unusable for some reason) but not against looking for a replacement.
Is it generally seen as a bit long in the tooth at this point? It's got 512MB memory for perspective.

>It's got 512MB memory
OnePlus X had 3GB.
And it was never particularly good.

What version of android are you running? My z5c has 2gb of ram and runs like filth.

Why did you remove the headphone jack on XZ2 and XZ2 Compact?

This is part of the shift to our new Ambient Flow design language. In order to create the beautiful seamless design, our designers needed to remove the headphone jack. Plus, we’re aware of the major market trend toward wireless headphones over wired headphones.

But can I still use wired headphones with XZ2 or XZ2 Compact?

Yes absolutely, both new smartphones come boxed with an adaptor. This will also support Hi-Res Audio.

What should the Xiaomi Mi 5 go for? I've only found it at about $420 which seems high for a previous generation Xiaomi with a Snapdragon 835

I assume you mean mi 6, and yeah that's what I see too

I want a new phone with a microSD card slot and a headphone jack, do I have any viable choices other than an S9/Note 8?

Somewhat related question, how good is the S Pen these days? I loved my Note 3.

At least they realized this needed to be a thing. Gotta get one for my pixel 2 when it releases.

Attached: 0977-ssxl-mwc-php-creation-wakasa-e1k-desktop-mobile-tablet-4c4724f38880e269e9f319db31356796.jpg (1160x618, 42K)

Why can't we just get phones with two USB-C ports?

Right, thought the 5 was 835 and the 6 was 845. I just want a 5 to 5.2 inch phone with good custom ROM support and not a shit tier Snapdragon 400 chip, but it feels like nobody is making it. The battery on my Oneplus 3 is starting to go to shit.

For what?

That costs around 400 bucks or less I should add

better question is "why can't we get headphones that use usb-c instead"

For doing two things that need a USB-C port?

How does this solve the issue of wanting to charge while listening to music

>tfw fucked up and forgot to backup a file from the S7 i'm trading in before reseting it
fugg, there goes 2 weeks of sleep tracking.

So my trusty Nexus 5X has bootlooped for the first time today. If I'm lucky I can reset it in the morning but need a full boot to enable bootlocker unloading before using the Unblod tool so may or may not work as yet.

I may want a new phone anyway - requirements are 64gb storage, USB C, 5.0-5.5" form factor, reasonable camera, 3.5mm jack, sub-£350. I'm thinking about waiting for the 2018 Nokia 6 model but assuming I can't fix this bootloop tomorrow what are some recommendations you guys have? Can't wait for a chinkphone.

Just use wireless headphones you dipshits, who cares about getting the tr00 audiofool experience when listening to music on a phone when on the go? I have my expensive headphones and amp at home, when I'm on the go convenience is more important

This happened with my 6P as well. Overheating the phone did the trick (let me get back into the phone to unlock bootloader and etc.)

I just bought a portable music player so I don't care about the 3.5mm anymore.

Or buy a wireless charger

I use wired earphones because I can get them anywhere cheaply. I listen to podcasts so 6 hours would easily pass, how is it convenient to charge earphones while on the go?

>Using earphones
There's your problem, just buy a proper pair of good headphones and you don't have to keep buying shitty earphones. Most wireless headphones have at least 14-18 hours of battery life and can be used with a cable if you really need to.

So I got a Galaxy S9+ but don't really like it. Thing is I don't really know why i don't like it. I mean it has so many great features, great screen, etc but I just don't really care for it. Anyone else feel like that about phones these days? I kinda want to return it and stick with my Moto G4.

Sounds like some ironic retro mind control. No need to like the S9 but what does your G4 offer that is better?

I got the ceramic edition and running on LineageOS Nougat and so far its quite stable. The only issue I found so far is the panorama mode in camera doesn't seem to be working.

Looking to finally get a new phone, as the current one is starting to fail on me.

>Budget: Up to $500
>Android
>Ideally works with AT&T bands
>Primarily in the US, although I'd like it to work in India if possible, travel depending (work in an IT company with some offshore operations, and have to travel between US and India now and then)

As far as features, I'd prefer something medium-sized that fits in the hand nicely, but can also comfortably fit in my pocket. I'd also like to try and get a model with a decent camera and memory, relative to the price (I figure not to expect any miracles with a max budget of $500). Any advice would be appreciated, as I've been out of the mobile game for quite a while.

isnt that the moto g4 is better but that the s9+ isnt so much better as to justify spending £869 on it i guess. sure it has a nice camera, is faster, etc. but just seems kinda meh. i think part of my problem is i wasnt earning much a few years ago so got the moto g4 as it was cheap and now i have a great job and earn a fuck load so i dont care about spending money on nice things but i just dont feel this is worth nearly a grand.

The cost of smartphones is always hard to swallow but for most people it's by far the most used device on a daily basis for several years, so it makes it a bit easier.

>just buy a proper pair of good headphones
>Most wireless headphones have at least 14-18 hours of battery life

You are contradicting yourself.

Attached: 2_02.png (1280x800, 382K)

I know right. That's why I always carry around my tube amp and HD800 with me so I can listen to my spotify playlists and 64kbps .m4a files on my phone.

You fucking moron.

Yes, if you mean you want flagship specs

Otherwise go with Huawei like the 7x ($200) or that $235 one with an extra gig of ram and double storage

S-Pen is great for precise mouse-like control and works well even if the phone is soaked in the rain or snow

You can also use the S-Pen to box around anything and make GIFs super easy, I actually use this a lot

S7?

You can hear how audibly shitty bluetooth headphones are. Even if the headphones themselves are fine, the DAC, amp, and everything powering the headphone in general is shit. Not to mention the fact bluetooth compresses your already compressed audio. The alternative is to use FLAC on your phone, which takes up too much space.

went with it since i was able to get it for 400 USD.
it's pretty good, like the bigger screen even if I prefer the flat S7.
can't say i'd pay full price for it though. even if it is around 700 in the US compared to higher prices overseas

Why the fuck does the Moto G5/G5S series lack NFC and wireless ac? Are there any alternatives for an unlocked phone similar to these and in the same price range that has NFC and wireless ac?

Recommendation for phone that works on Verizon US? Current Galaxy s4 is almost dead lol it has been running for a long time. Looking for something with decent specs and preferably good drop resistance.

That's the most retarded excuse they could come out with

>Others are doing it.
>So we're doing it too now.

shit on Samsung all you want but even the note 8 has a headphone jack. mine doesn't even have a hint of burn-in 4 months in

Why is the mi mix 2 so cheap While having 6 gb of ram etc.?

What's the pull?

I was thinking about the one plus 5t butthe mix 2 is tempting me hard

xi jingping can watch you masturbate through the camera

that's a feature i guess

cause it's 'obscure' and doesn't have much type
iphone and galaxy are the gucci and dior of the smartphone world, everything else is whatever

Is Oreo not available on the Nokia 6 (2017)?

Mine says it's up to date on Nougat 7.1.2 with the January 2018 security patch.

I was recently given an LG Volt 2, model number LGLS751, It's a decent smartphone all things considered but it does have some issues. For example, sometimes when trying to wake the phone up it immediately fades to black for some reason, and takes several attempts to actually turn on. It also is not recognized when plugged in to my laptop, but that might be because I used the cord from my bluetooth headset. Strangely enough it was recognized the first time I hooked it up to my laptop and it also charged as well. But now it will neither charge or be recognized by my computer. Also since it wont charge that way and I have no cord I wanted to ask which ac adapter should I get? I've been looking at some, some are standard outlet chargers while some are usb cords that plug in to outlet adapters. Also, this is my first smartphone, are there any essential apps or otherwise useful features I can get out of it? I already looked at the software recommendations but couldn't really see anything I need there. Thanks in advance.

>other than the fact that >70% of my internal storage is filled and unusable for some reason
if you flash custom roms a lot you gotta whype system and data.
every time you manually flash a new rom it creates its own virtual system partition in you system partition making the rest invisible to the os but still full of data.

Opinion on OnePlus 5t?

The camera is utter trash

It seems good but its 1080p

Is there a good camera on anything other than the major manufacturer flagship devices?

I would wait for the mi mix 2s, its coming out soon and its prolly gonna be cozy AF my nigga

whats the best rugged smartphone in 2018 ?

im currently use a s6 active but the non removable battery annoy me
do you know a viable alternative?

Attached: 9d8t93tsbxg01.jpg (800x600, 39K)

Nokias have pretty good cameras for their prices I'd say.

It has been available for a month now.

androidcentral.com/stable-oreo-update-now-rolling-out-nokia-5-and-nokia-6

I keep finding these articles but even checking for updates it tells me my phone is up to date.

Have you contacted support?

Maybe a factory reset could help but first I'd see what Nokia support tell you.

You installed the wrong drivers when you connected it to your PC. Now you have to find it in hardware devices and uninstall those drivers.

I sent them an email a couple of minutes ago.

I kind of dobut a factory reset will do much considering I did one before updating the phone.

What phones have the best build quality?

Got my Galaxy Meme9+ today but the nav bar seems permanently white in Nova Launcher. Any way to force transparency or am I stuck with white?

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Probably not fully supported and taking Nova as if it were an app.

I'd say report it as a bug or something and wait for an update.

hmm ok. I didn't install anything it just did it itself when I hooked it up but i'll try to see what I can figure out

Honestly before u fuck anything up. Go ask Reddit or try a different cable or a different computer to see any changes. Also visit the manufacturers website to see if they have any software available to access your device when connected.
Good luck

I think there are like 6 versions of the phone, maybe some are not getting it yet.

>look it up
>Snapdragon SoC has 802.11ac built in
>device doesn't support it for (((some reason)))

Ah I just found some more info, I have a Ta-1039 which apparently still doesn't have the update.

Thanks for the help though.

Mi5S + Google Camera HDR+

how do you like it btw. thinking of getting the 9

FUUUCK.

The 5T is still not in stock. Now it's retailing for 600-700+. Who is buying up these phones? I've never seen one in the wild, so i don't get it.

I just went from iPhone 4 to a S8.

Probably a bunch of Mexicans with a cellphone shop at some swap meet in Tijuana or something.

Sony Xperia xa2 or Sony Xperia xa1 compact? I wish the xa2 was 5"

Is there an actual reason why caller IP costs extra or is it just jews gonna jew?

caller ID*

I'm liking it so far, but I've only had a few hours to play around with it. Coming from an S7 Edge, the updates are a little incremental but appreciated. It's not nearly as big as I thought it would be and the fingerprint scanner is a good bit more accurate. My issue is that it's on the back but the trade off is for those clean ass bezels. Cameras are a noticeable improvement but really the only reason to grab one over the S8 as far as I can tell. Or maybe the 6GB RAM too which is also pretty comfy. It feels well-made which is standard for a flagship and what I'd expect out of Samsung on the upper end of their lineup. I don't know that it's worth grabbing over a Pixel 2 or other flagship, but if you like Samsung or want a proper high-end phone, I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Any recommendations for T-mobile? Or should I just get a memephone9+? Would prefer something that can do tmobile wifi calling. I have an S8 now, but my screen is cracked. Was thinking about the essential phone, but I hear the cell service sucks for tmobile

I got a Mi 6 two months ago and was really scared of Mi UI but I really love it, what's with all the mixed feelings?
Is it just fear of the Chinese botnet?

S8 note or S9+

Attached: 1363527414077.png (250x242, 7K)

No headphone jack

chink

Sorry, I should have clarified.

What's with all the mixed feelings about MI UI?

>get pic related in the mail after finding a cheap listing for $20
>see what I can do with it online
>unearth a bunch of ancient guides
>try to unlock the bootloader through fastboot
>stuck on "waiting for device"
>delete/reinstall a bunch of drivers
>keep getting the error
Wat do

Attached: fossil.jpg (2386x1960, 912K)

>have 1000x
>still mad about xz2 losing headphone jack

Attached: Kozaky.jpg (256x256, 109K)

Audio jack is great for connecting it to a car, even older models with non-existent or crappy Bluetooth. It also means that if I ever lose my headphones and I need to buy a new pair, I can just pop in to any shop and find one with zero compatibility issues. Also, fuck charging one more thing.

Give it a year

are there good chink phones with both 3.5mm and ip ratings for dust and water though? they seem to have either but not both

OPX just bricked, what do I replace it with if I want similar specs and form factor?

Attached: FUEL SCOOP ACTIVE.jpg (636x651, 39K)

another OPX

(or a nokia idk)

oh god I just might

Attached: 1413113469237.png (475x347, 38K)

Got my S9 yesterday, been putting it through its paces.

Apps keep randomly crashing (maps, gmail, etc) and the battery life is much worse than the S8's ever was. Really disappointed; I think I'm going to be returning it.

Way to fuck it up, Samsung.

I have a problem with my android. Whenever I try to download something I get "download failed due to missing sd card" Now the SD card is in, freshly formatted and all.
From what I can find on google is to go to the options > storage and format as "internal" under the 3 dots menu thing. I don't have the 3 dots there, so I assume that's outdated information. Any Ideas?

what phone

Galaxy S3 Neo

Is it formatted correctly?

the SD card? I'd think so. I just freshly formatted it from the options menu but that didn't help. Pictures I take DO save to the SD card so clearly the phone can write to it, but whenever I try to download something I get an error.

when will wireless charging will make a comeback?

why manufacturers don't make something as sturdy as the Moto e 2nd g

Attached: moto_e_2015_front_and_back_press_shot_0.jpg (680x383, 39K)

Wireless charging already came back, iPhones use it, galaxies use it, it's definitely going to be more used late this year and next year.

I switched from android to iOS and fell for the iPhone 8 meme. I’m just praying that in about a year when the battery starts to dwindle it’ll be easier to replace than the X and new notch iterations coming out.

What's a non-shit phone with a non-shit camera that isn't a new flagship?

Contemplating memeing the fuck out and going back to iOS and buying a used ip8 or 7plus just for the cameras.

>going back to iOS and buying a used ip8 or 7plus just for the cameras
post tits