Lay down for a nap

>Lay down for a nap
>Wake up to my fans ramping as my computer reboots
>Just Windows 10 updating

>Comes back and opens Chrome with all my (You)s intact

That one's new.

Attached: Windows-10-placeholder.jpg (645x484, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2018/03/08/report-forced-windows-10-version-1709-upgrades-that-bypass-windows-update/
windowscentral.com/how-stop-updates-installing-automatically-windows-10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Windows 10 won't even let you nap
wow

>have a nap
>wake up
>gnu is still the same as before
>check uptime
>210 days, 4 hours
>feel safe

if your uptime is 210 days then you sure as hell aren't safe

Mine wont even fucking boot. Restart does nothing.

>doesn't know how to turn off automatic updates

>he thinks he can disable automatic updates
ghacks.net/2018/03/08/report-forced-windows-10-version-1709-upgrades-that-bypass-windows-update/

you can either disconnect from the internet, or at least maintain a list of Microsoft IPs and block them at the router. Just doing domain names won't work, by the way, W10 hardcodes some IPs to bypass DNS resolution. Ostensibly as an anti-malware feature, but I'm sure they thought that preventing people from disabling updates with hosts files was a plus.

>he thinks i'm not running ltsb.
windowscentral.com/how-stop-updates-installing-automatically-windows-10

use gpe or the registry, better yet install ltsb and do the same. build 1709 hahahah.

Same thing happened to me last night, it rebooted itself and i woke up with my computer on.

One of my tabs was a Sup Forums thread from weeks ago that i havent gotten to reading yet, and it was still all there. it's not in the archive anymore, so if i refresh the page it'll be gone forever.

Idk how the fuck they managed to do that

You have it easy.

I’m a service tech for ICEE so I go driving around fixing stuff. On route to a Starbucks I had to work at, my tablet which was running Windows 10 had a forced update without a user confirmation. I went inside the Starbucks and finished fixing what I had to and when I went to get a signature the tablet, Windows was still updating. I went inside of my van and waiting for the update to finish. It finished updating after 20 minutes and I tried to push the hardware button that brings up the touchscreen but the windows update broke the shortcut some how. I called the tech support because of propriety ports and it’s not my job to fix it and the tech has a VNC connection and tries to use a system restore point to roll the update back. But every time he would choose the right system restore point the window would minimize but nothing would happen. So the tech got frustrated and logged into the admin account and for some reason the admin accounts hardware button shortcut works and he says he will fix it later.

>I have admin access to the icee tablet and I can snoop around but haven’t because I’m too lazy

Also whichever company that was contracted for these tablets are horrible.

>disable update in registry
>still updates
what did microsoft mean by this?

disabled the Windows Update service and didn't have any problems for 6 months now on my old PC.

What did he mean by this?

This happened last night. I put it to sleep then the fans woke me up so i put it back to sleep. Next morning after updates, windows wouldnt boot. Fucking shit os i only use it for muh vidya

I may be wrong but the longer your connected to servers online the easier you become to fingerprint.

>i may be wrong
you are

no need to reboot for most updates

Kernel updates need a reboot

i said most

no he isn't nigger

that's why I look for cp in regular intervals to throw off the seo algorithms on my devices

Attached: 1511978053776.png (578x164, 20K)

Lmao the same thing happened to me last night.

Why are you guys not using W10 LTSB?
It's really easy to set up and activate without using any malware like Daz or anything like that.
Should I make a tutorial for you in form of infographic?