This is literally the fastest internet speed I've ever experienced. Holy potatoes Sup Forums

This is literally the fastest internet speed I've ever experienced. Holy potatoes Sup Forums

Attached: holy potatoes batman.jpg (858x285, 27K)

Maybe one day you can get decent upload speed too.

Attached: 2018-03-02 19_13_26.png (639x235, 24K)

only faggots care about upload speed, enjoy your enormous monthly bill you cunt

Attached: 1506382612541.jpg (420x410, 17K)

>enormous monthly bill you cunt
I will

Attached: FiOS price.jpg (1005x861, 116K)

LUL's I get jewgle fiber 1000/1000 for less than that

fuck you

Attached: 1502168054766.jpg (255x220, 7K)

Then you're getting less than the advertised rate.

And I know someone paying $35/month for the same thing in new york.

That costs $4700 a month in Australia and is only available to businesses even though the current fibre to households is capable of it. Households are restricted to 20Mbps until 2025 when our government owned monopoly ISP renews it's contracts and allows for debate on speed.

Dude what the fuck

Attached: 1520485059472.jpg (125x118, 3K)

You're right but I don't need more than 900/900 for just kicking your ass at your favorite game my duder

>he isn't on a wireless solution with a random company
I've had 50/10 with 3ms for 4 years now.

>VA
>New York
Why is the east coast the only developed part of the US?

>only faggots care about upload speed

Or people who torrent.

there is diminishing returns after about 250mbit

Attached: for speed.jpg (1310x563, 150K)

>Households are restricted to 20Mbps until 2025 when our government owned monopoly ISP renews it's contracts and allows for debate on speed
that's not quiet accurate, there are plenty of households that are on ADSL2 or HFC and managing 70mbps+

Even a few areas that are getting 300-500mbps with HFC.

for a single user i agree, for multiple concurrent heavy users though 500 and gigabit have their places.

Attached: real world 1gbps.jpg (1162x468, 93K)

Because it's the most densely populated and oldest part of the country

I've pulled almost the whole 100 down on hfc

Yeah i've seen several people getting 100-120mbps, specially late at night on HFC.

Don't ask about the upload though its fucking cancer.

ʇɥƃil ʇsɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ui ʇsɹoʍ s,ʇi ʇɐ uǝǝs ǝq oʇ ʇǝuɹǝʇui sɐilɐɹʇsnɐ ʇuɐʍ ǝʍ ˙si ʇǝuɹǝʇui ǝissnɐ snoiɔoɹʇɐ ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ ʇsodʇiɥs oʇ pǝsoddns ǝɹnoʎ

Attached: 1172012634185.jpg (266x400, 16K)

Don't get me wrong I get alright download speed but tge rest of aus is suffering. The NBN rollout was killed bretty hard. I'm lucky im on hfc those poor bastards on adsl aren't as lucky.

I've actually gotten 1.6 Gbps in a lab environment on HFC.
t. DOCSIS engineer

>those poor bastards on adsl aren't as lucky
unless they live within 50 meters of the node.

Yeah HFC is certainly able to do high speeds but so is fibre but when will old mate down the road be able to purchase those speeds at a reasonable price.

Amd the copper is not fucked and there aren't an assload of people on... The reasons you get shit speeds are endless

Shit not I'm curious how Australians manage to read all the normal way up posts.

Every screen in australia autorotates to read us posts

>engineer
lol nerd

bet you read books too

>when will old mate down the road be able to purchase those speeds at a reasonable price

Sadly I dont think that will happen in a long while. And it's mostly because the operators can get away with crazy prices.
I really hope DOCSIS 3.1 will make things cheaper for the consumer. It certainly will make it way easier to deliver high speeds on HFC in the long run..

My love life is absolutely non-existent. I've even gotten a daki to feel less lonely

Oh, and pic related is my own provisioned cable modem. I am lucky enough to be connected to my own cable plant. Currently I am doing some tests with 16 single-carrier EuroDOCSIS QAM DS-channels and 4 6,4MHz wide US-channels.
Gonna deploy 31 OFDM channels in DS next week and breach 1Gbps in DS, at least. Soon I'll upgrade the US as well

:^)

Attached: 21ad0e71bf[1].png (750x180, 30K)

don't worry i saved it for you

Attached: 1521069275978.png (763x329, 41K)

Thanks, buddy

VZ Fiber bros> everybody else.

Attached: 7140663638[1].png (350x200, 21K)

At least hfc has some potential I mean its not as good as fiber but its still good. Hey I was looking around and noticed there are no new pci cable modems its all old DOCSIS 1 crap any idea why?

What the fuck I pay 100/month for 50/10 in Canada

>At least hfc has some potential I mean its not as good as fiber but its still good.
Not sure about other countries, but in the US anyway one of the largest HFC/DOCSIS ISPs in the country (Comcast) is forgoing DOCSIS 3.1 in favor of actual fiber deployments, at least in wealthier regions of the US.

Comcast keeps trying to offer me $150/month 2gbps.

Attached: comcast 2gbps.jpg (958x1082, 161K)

>pay for 75/75
>get even more than i paid for

why is fios so god tier?

Attached: speed.jpg (945x432, 45K)

I have no idea, really. I don't think they are popular enough.
To be honest I can't think of many use-cases. I am not sure if your cable provider would want to provision such a modem anyway.

I guess it would be nice when we are able to supply higher than 1Gbps speeds over HFC, since then the 1G ethernet ports on the modems become bottle necks..
That said I am talking to cable modem vendors about allowing aggregation of the ports on their modems, to allow for higher than 1G speeds to single clients

I know some cable providers do this.
Since setting up sustain-rates in modem configuration files is a bitch, its way easier to be a little generous.

Customers really love doing speed-tests and seeing they get more than they paid for as well

I have 80/20 in the middle of nowhere, thanks to a UK government effort to run fibre to every obscure shitty hamlet. Could be 330/50 if I wasn't a cheapskate.

I'm grateful, but honestly, it was a waste of tax funds. I would understand running it for farmers and everyone else with a real economic need to live in a rural area. Everyone else should be living in a city anyway (higher population densities are more efficient and less harmful to the environment). Let the free market handle internet.

Can't wait until I can afford to move to civilisation.

FiOS does it on slower speed tiers, especially if you have FiOS TV since on demand movies can use up 5-10mbps giving you some buffer allows them to still deliver full bitrate even if someone is watching something on demand.

It's nonexistent or much reduced at higher speeds though, my 150/150mbps and 300/300 mbps were always within 4-5mbps.

gigabit is obviously capped at the NIC level at ~945mbps. The ONT is provisioned for 1024mbps technically, but the ethernet NICs don't allow those speeds.

Or people with a static ip that are paying 0.001€ per KW/h. Also got fibre 100/100 Mbit/s for 15€.

Actually 1Gbps downlink for 14.99 a month

> amerifats on suicide watch

Attached: 38013666.png (350x200, 20K)

forgot to mention I'm on wifi thus the lower speeds

>2000mbps symmetric
wtf man

Attached: 1519846019891.jpg (767x1024, 214K)

do you have a funny accent?

Utah is also fibered up to the nines.

because 50% of the US population lives in the EST time zone. There's more money to be made here.

Attached: 7141304890.png (350x200, 22K)

>tfw have pic related
When will Ajshit Creampai give me fiber? I was told when NN died all of the ISPs would fight for my business to give me faster and cheaper internet. Where is it?

Attached: centurylink.png (397x410, 151K)

>tfw 0.9Mbps upstream
>tfw avid torrenter and seeder, but ratio keeps going down because downstream is 10x faster

I-it's f-fine...

Attached: 1509268613687.jpg (1024x865, 277K)

I think he meant 20MB/s as the cap. On hfc and i get constant 115 regardless of time of day, no peak slowdowns. Also no data cap, downloaded a bit over 140gb the other day to test and didn't get a slowdown even after later streaming a movie to see if i would be throttled. Have to go over to nbn in a few months though, via hfc same as currently on. Just hope I retain close to current speeds with download during peak time. Hitting 14.5MB/s on most services such as Steam is always nice with updates or wanting to download, also get around 13 to 14MB/s via torrents, Telstra gives no fucks about throttling p2p.

Attached: Screenshot_20180117-140208.png (1080x1920, 912K)

>Canada
there's your problem