The ThinkPad of MacBooks

I got a 2012 MacBook Pro Anons. Tons of ports. Customizable. I threw in 16GB ram, about to put in an SSD. Has a DVD drive I can swap out for more storage if I choose. God tier touchpad, old-school chiclet keyboard. Modern MacOS which is super comfy.

This thing is God tier anons. Who else sporting older MacBooks?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (3000x2143, 605K)

My 2015 MacBook Pro is also this tier.

>16gb/256/usb3/magsafe.

Sweet. Had completely forgotten to mention MagSafe.

Same here, swapped out the optical for a HDD and put Windows 10 on it. SSD and eGPU as well. I would like to upgrade to a Mini but waiting for a (hopefully) quad-core release.

God bless you with Windows 10. I tried boot camping and just couldn't take it. Linux runs almost flawlessly on this as well. Only issue is to usually manually install the broadcom wifi driver, which isn't a hassle because I have an ethernet port.

I used to have one of those, great machines to be honest, however the display is really bad when compared to later models. I sold mine and bought an 11'' because the pro is heavy as fuck to carry everyday.
Get an ssd asap, the stock hdd is terrible

You might as well get a 2012 quadcore model and upgrade the shit out of it because they will most likely never upgrade from the shitty 1.4ghz dualcore one

>fagbook

Attached: 1514853132632.jpg (989x1006, 165K)

>Look mom, I posted it again!

>I buy so many of them because they're awful

Shit That Never Happened: The Post

But thanks for trying in a thread you have no place in sweety.

>Look mom, I'm worshiping my evil fruit cult again!

Attached: 1503383547159.jpg (400x815, 125K)

Hey Mom! I'm showing how much I belong at the Sup Forums by being what they call a "troll". I shit up threads of people trying to talk about stuff and hopefully piss them off. That means I'm cool and they accept me!!

>buying trashed surplus laptops in bulk on ebay
dumb nigger got what you deserved

used macbooks are fucking baller

You forgot about the Thunderbolt 2s as well.

I have one but it's a 13 inch so it's an i5 and 8GB of RAM but that's plenty for Arch and i3wm and Xubuntu with OpenBox.

holy fuck the anti-macbook cult is mad today

if its the one with the gt 650m RIP

Nah mate it's just plain-jane intel IGP

im completely happy with my 2009 thinkpad

>Calling out someone for posting the same image over and over again non-stop in every thread where Apple is mentioned makes you a fanboy
Really activates the almonds.

Attached: tardthink.jpg (257x257, 59K)

>t. assblasted mactoddler

>OMG I HATE TECHNOLOGY
>WHY ERRYTHIN SO CONFUSING???11!!
>BUT I LUV APEL LOLOOLLOL AMI RITE BRUHS?
>APEL INVENTED DA INTERNETS CUZ ERRYTIN GOTS A MAC ADDRESS
Like for real tho.
Where do technology illiterate technophobe mactoddlers get the false impressiom that they or their gay toddler toys are welcome on a tech board?

I run GNU/Linux on my MacBook. What's your point? I'd rather use MacOS than Windows 10 though.

Attached: 1519789119018.jpg (2000x1189, 341K)

>I'm too poor to afford a MacBook so I'll hate it and project my own flaws and insecurities on others instead.

Where do poorfags get the false impression that they or their poor toddler win toys are welcome on a tech board?

>my
>MacBook

Attached: 1519609305882.jpg (400x1512, 99K)

> t. I wish I had a MacBook

imagine being such a colossal poorfag that you think your gay faggot fruit toys that can be bought for less than $1/day makes you "not poor"

Attached: 1504941585741.gif (408x720, 3.09M)

>t. poorfag

Attached: 1519583256282.jpg (800x2500, 805K)

I'm sorry you can't have one user. Maybe when you get promoted to fry-tech at Wendys you'll be able to step up a notch, maybe get one used. Instead of being so bitter and hating on everyone, have some hope sweety!

Didn't know there were 1,600 days in a year.

Who, me? I'm not rich. I'm just not poor like you.

Even fry-techs at Wendy's are richer than mactoddler poorfags.

Reminder that Apple is a poverty brand.

user, look. I enjoy a good back and forth. Your reply there was just piss poor. I'm embarrassed for you, it was just stupid. So I'm going to pretend like you didn't even reply yet and give you another chance. Maybe go to ED or something and ask for some help. You can do it user. Make it a real zinger. I know you have master troll potential.

Poorfags will defend this.

Attached: 1503806667102.jpg (1000x710, 274K)

You know, OP just wanted a place to discuss something with like minded people without bugging anyone else. Does shitting up a thread and being a fuckhead make you feel good? Does it make you feel cool, give you a high? Do you feel like you're on 4chinz so this is what 15 year olds like you are supposed to do?

see

I thought about getting one. I had a thinkpad for a weekend to work on school shit while I was in Colorado in January. Returned it when I got home, felt like shit plastic. Plus, the disk drive kept popping off by itself.

From my understanding, 2009 and above are the ones that can be upgraded with custom shit until the TouchPad ones above the keyboard.

The only problem in those is GPU, if it is not Intel HD 4000. It just shits itself after some time I think.

Had one, and I've ruined one with water to point, where repairing one would cost more than new one.

>Macshit
Found your problem.

Attached: 1492433383586.jpg (988x802, 199K)

You know, people just wanted a place to discuss technology with like minded people without bugging anyone else. Does shitting up a board and being a fuckhead make you feel good? Does it make you feel cool, give you a high? Do you feel like you're on /fa/cebook so this is what 15 year olds like you are supposed to do?

Attached: 1509898053014.jpg (920x922, 91K)

The jealousy is strong in these virgin poorfags

>being SO POOR you think buying fruit toys on a $1/day payment plan makes you not poor
The ABSOLUTE state of mactoddler poorfags.

Attached: 1505655261734.jpg (728x410, 206K)

> t. wishing I had a MacBook

Thiccbook user here

Attached: 355CE467-D36D-499F-A33F-4FF030C309E2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

Attached: 1511362339027.jpg (2592x1944, 897K)

>fagbook
Found your problem.

>Using someone else's picture

Bravo user

Maybe you'll be able to afford one day sweety. Don't give up. You'll get promoted from bag boy to cashier I just know you will!!

i wont be buying another apple laptop unless i get rich

they are really good laptops but if they break they are so expensive to repair and laptops are always getting dropped and shit spilt on them

i cracked my 2015 mbp screen it was gonna be 1k to fix it so i just bought a pc which is in the mail now

havnt owned a pc since like 2010

Attached: frog.jpg (2000x2000, 489K)

Maybe you'll have a job someday and won't have to brag about owning $1/day fruit shit sweety. Don't give up. You'll get promoted from homeless buttboy to bag boy I just know you will!!

Attached: 1513243395582.jpg (1000x2000, 741K)

>good laptops
>breaks if you breathe on it wrong
The brainwashing is strong with this one.

Attached: 1520053278808.jpg (1920x1080, 750K)

I already used this joke. Try again with something more creative buttslapper.

>mcfaggot
>trying to imply someone else is gay

Attached: 1499004893755.jpg (800x1120, 271K)

Hey mommy look! I'm in the kool hacker club they call Sup Forums! I got Kali installed now I make fun of people using Macs! That makes me what they call a "troll", and it means they accept me and everything!! I finally have friends mommy!!

2012 with Core i5 and Intel HD 4000 didn't throttled.

That's what I love about mine. Never throttles, yet never hear the fans.

>macshit
>Never throttles
Good joke.

the way it functions is significantly superior to windows

the only people who disgree with that are gamers aka completely and utterly irrelevant losers

I've been using the same Macbook Pro since 2010... any suggestions of what to get when this eventually bites the dust?

>Don't know shit about what I'm talking about
>Say something anyway

I don't know why everyone thinks I'm a fag

the way macshit functions is significantly inferior to everything, even wangblows

the only people who disgree with that are cocksmokers aka completely and utterly irrelevant losers

Attached: 1503306077620.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

>>I don't know why everyone thinks I'm a fag
>t. mac user
Like pottery.

Attached: 1504247949078.jpg (597x822, 83K)

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you

> t. triggered butthurt trumpette homo in identity crisis

>i read that somewhere, it must be truth
Good joke.

>apple marketing told me that, it must be truth
Good joke.

Why do supposed "non-fruits" like talking about tha ghey so much? Like so much that you track down unrelated threads just to talk about gay-related things? What are you trying to hide?

>magsafe
Do Macbooks not use that anymore? It was one of the few things I liked about them.

Good thread tbhfam. Mactoddlers utterly BTFO.

>I actually have one so know from experience vs your ignorance

Trumped fucker

>throttlebook
Found your problem.

Attached: 1519876728362.png (636x727, 137K)

>I actually have seven so know from experience vs your ignorance

Fruitfaggot subhuman.

Attached: 1497039798682.jpg (2592x1944, 843K)

Oh look it's this picture again.

Look, if you have to troll, can you at least be interesting or funny?

Oh look it's this assblasted mactoddler again.

Look, if you have to circlejerk your fruit shit, can you at least be do it in your containment board?

>Is bored
>Thinks that makes me assblasted

Try harder kiddo

Unironically this.

That's like crashing your car into a tree and then blaming the car manufacturer.

>car spontaneously explodes when you start the car
#JustApplelThings

>you're using it wrong!
The state of mactoddlerism.

Attached: 1497469942454.jpg (1243x699, 172K)

The same boring Microsoft paid shills with the same old stuff. With as much as your empire makes you could at least afford new material.

The same boring Apple paid shills with the same old stuff. With as much as your cult makes you could at least afford new material.

Tbqh copying this faggot isn't exactly helping your case user

I agree with absolutely everything you said about that machine, they dont make em like they used to when jobs was around. School gave me a 2017 MBP, but still keep a 2010 Unibody MacBook around cause its just so useful and reliable

>tfw triple booting mac/windows/arch on my mid-2012
Apple haters here are fucking sheep, the hardware is solid.

Is that the one with discrete graphics? Because integrated graphics is fucking awful on my 2014 mabook pro.

>discrete graphics
>integrated graphics
Makes no difference on Macs, they all run like Core 2 Duos in anything other than web browsing.

Attached: 1491338291224.jpg (1750x960, 405K)

Have one as well, maxed out RAM at 16GiB and swapped out the hdd for an ssd, also installed a hdd in the DVD drive Slot since mine was broken. I created a fusion drive wich is super comfy.

>t. mactoddler

Honestly the Anti's are far worse than the alleged shills (according to them, anyone who owns or has an interest in a MacBook is automatically a shill)

>t. mactoddler shill

I'm really not sure if the current state of MacBooks is due to Ive's thin fetish or Cook's attempts to turn Macs into limited devices.

Though rumour is they've been getting backlash from the edu market (possibly the biggest non-consumer market of apple computers) that their new systems are unrepairable and future models might resolve that.

This. Mactard shitstains need a containment board for their gay circlerjerks.

>keeps buying them
All those repairs and no warranty? Strange

MACTODDLERS BTFO

I thought thats why we had /lgbt/

kek

I even made a thread for you Mac users, aint i nice?

Thoughts on the new MacBook with revolutionary keyboard?

Attached: CBR25smartstageslaptopwhite4.jpg (773x773, 62K)

I have a 2012 thinkpad X1 c. It's ok.