Post your questions here

>for Linux related Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect any new friends creating their own threads with

Attached: imagess.jpg (263x192, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/lite/?q=c260 Logitech driver
support.logitech.com/en_us/product/webcam-c260/downloads#
scottiestech.info/2010/03/17/upgrade-your-motherboard-without-reinstalling-your-os/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reposting from the last thread. I'm trying to cut up double-page scans of a book without fucking around in GIMP for every single image but the way I'm going at it doesn't work. pls help

#!/bin/bash
for image in pp\([[:digit:]]+\)-\([[:digit]]+\)
do convert $image -crop 2560x3508+0+692 \
-extract 2560x1806+0+0 pages/page\1.png \
-extract 2560x1702+0+1806 pages/page\2.png
done

Attached: b953741295b734f32abb156f33759c7758eee29b15cb726a5afb2230caf88137.jpg (247x236, 14K)

reposting but does anyone have the driver file for a c260 Logitech webcam? i've tried numerous times from the website, but it keeps giving me c270 driver instead

Attached: logitech-c260-dark-gray-webcam-with-3-mp-photos-and-microphone-open-box-ljv60-d2fe8139e25de269d2022f (400x300, 15K)

duckduckgo.com/lite/?q=c260 Logitech driver
or tell logitech support

Any developers here have tried both a modern OSX and Linux as a dev environment want share their experiences? Perhaps not like the technical shortcomings of one or the other, but just how it "felt"? i guess? Was it easier to keep working and not get distracted in one or the other? stuff like that perhaps?

I'm easily distracted by all the things you can change and tinker with, especially how pretty you can make a Linux distro, so im considering trying OSX for a change but would like to hear some user opinions first

I just received a random gift from Amazon, how do I find out who sent it?

Is the Gigabyte Aero 15 good ? I'm looking for a nice "gaming laptop". I'm always away from home so I can't build myself a desktop. What is the best bang for the buck gaming laptop ? Thanks Sup Forums

Attached: 1484830053743.png (3440x1440, 3.22M)

What's the point of exif data if it gets scrubbed with any slight alteration? Even just uploading somewhere is likely to get rid of all relevant metadata.

Co-worker was asking me to help "track" his gf through facebook pictures. I stupidly suggested just bringing up the picture's embedded gps information. like I know what the fuck I'm talking about. I swear, just because I browse this shit site does not make me a l33t haxxor. Dumb normalfags.

>bang for the buck
usually that would be a refurbished but like new top of the line one
gaming laptop is rice tier imo and they're a bit bigger and heavier

>how do I find out who sent it?
ask amazon????

>google went out of their way to stop the view image userscripts from working
Fucking hell.
Right click -> view image works still, i don't get why they would even bother.
anyway, has anyone managed to put together a working script?

Attached: file.jpg (600x400, 24K)

Just use Ubuntu and uninstall all the tweak tools.

The image on the search page is scaled down, no?
In any case, you should be using Yandex image search for images. Not sure if they care about robots.txt at all, but their crawler isn't caught by google user agent and they don't remove results on request.
You can't find playboy centerfolds on google images but you can on yandex images, for example.

The captcha is trying to account for that confusion filter now.

Attached: captcha.png (706x591, 446K)

>The image on the search page is scaled down
not if you click on it and then open the bigger pic that pops up.
i'm also not going to use a fucking russian search, i got my privacy raped to hell and back with google, switching to yander would just double the issue.

>Right click -> view image works still, i don't get why they would even bother.
Why bother?
>slow/unstable internet makes the full res image stop loading.
>some websites fuck with the googlebot to make it fetch the scaled down image instead.
>some websites allow googlebot to fetch content that is otherwise inaccessible unless you create an account (to advertise their website)
>don't want to go through a journey on a fucking unknown/useless website, forum or twitter account to find the image I want.
That being said, I have't used any script/extension to get it back because I haven't used google images in a long time.
If there isn't any working method, I am willing to make one. It should be pretty simple.

Can cats feel human emotions like hunger or pain?

Extremely retarded question incoming.
Can you partition a SSD drive into two partitions, Install and whatever, and then restore a backup image of the the install partition given that SSDs move data around for wear levelling?

Never used an SSD, but on my HDD I always image (with Clonezilla) the install partition after a clean install (and then a new one after core programs are installed) so I can be back up and running in 30 minutes if the need arises for a reinstall.

My googling only shows up people wanting to clone from HDD to SSD, or SSD to another SSD.

Emotions aren't exclusive to human beings.

Why do people have to die?

Because horny people wanted things that shit.

Anyone know what this stopcode means? It doesn't seem to be listed on the official documentation anywhere or on any 3rd party stopcode lists... Would kinda like to know what caused the crash...

Attached: IMG_20180315_053200.jpg (4000x2250, 513K)

Fuck, my phone keeps rotating it

Were you using a browser? Does it occur after opening/doing certain things?

Just starting to learn C++. Right now this is all I have, now if I press ctrl + f5 does this just run consoleapplication3.cpp or does it run every folder in my source files? I'm just curious how exactly it knows that sub.cpp exists and how it knows to read that. In my header.h I have

#ifndef ADD_H
#define ADD_H

int add(int x, int y);
int sub(int x, int y);

#endif

Forgot the picture because I'm stupid.

Attached: current thing.png (1920x1045, 92K)

You have to use it (#include in entry point) for it (compilation unit) to be used unless you are building a library.

I include the header.h but all that does it give a command of

int sub(int x, int y)

which to my knowledge (which is very little) doesn't tell the program where to look. However with just this the program does compile and I just don't understand how it knew where to look for the sub.cpp

Attached: header.png (1052x438, 12K)

#include look for the header file and its implementation if any.
You will get an error if the header file doesn't exist or is in a different path.
E,g: #include "folder/myheader.h"

I think I convoluted my question. Lets say I make a file named sub.cpp and made a function inside of it named sub. Then I make a new file named main.cpp. If I put sub(int x, int y); at the start of main.cpp it will somehow find sub.cpp and read it. I'm asking how does it know to look for sub.cpp?

Can anyone reccomend a good book to start with Ruby and object programming in general?
I only wrote Bash scripts until now and I was never really good at it.

Does GOMAD really work?

Read up on compilation units and use the compiler from the command line to understand what the IDE is doing behind your back.
Basically the cmpilation command will include your cpp files(implementation) and headers(definitions).

What are using ruby for?

Anyone here have a job with python and aws?

A junior role is asking me for aws shit and i don't know any of it but somehow passed the interview wtf

dont, OOP/RAII is terrible, scripting languages are trash. learn C or - if you're set on OOP - C#

Listen, you haven't even asked me why I need to learn Ruby.
If you believe that C/C# is an answer for everything - you think wrong.
I need it for tests and minor development around orchestration tools.

What's a good font to use for movies? Like the ones you see in cinemas or blurays.

why would you care about OS? all the important tools - editors, compilers, etc - work on _all_ OSs.

yes.

for your computer, there's not really a difference between HDD and SDD. except for maybe... speed?

>click
>mouse moves 1 pixel
>release mouse button
>square isn't selected
fuck this shit

Attached: a.webm (332x664, 418K)

because ruby was invented by a Mormon.

gotta respect mormon-code

>you should be using Yandex image search for images
I mean, besides the obvious, yandex lets you directly view images; yandex reverse image search actually works, unlike google who seems to have now gutted that feature

Yeah, same as everyone that learned Ruby

support.logitech.com/en_us/product/webcam-c260/downloads#

will cpus/mobos drop in price in april when the new ones come out or should I bite the bullet and buy now?

Take your Parkinson's medication, or use the numberpad.

Does a 1151 compatible cpu cooler fit the 1151-2?

Can someone post the image of those children shape matching toys to pc building if you can do this you can do this thing?

Does a displayport to hdmi cable even work? Is there something lost in the process or is it just a cheap scam?

Attached: 10h1-641xx.jpg (504x504, 92K)

whois

>use the numberpad

Attached: 2018-03-15 14-13-56.webm (1200x674, 1.68M)

>Captcha Fixes: Make captcha easier to use, especially with the keyboard.

Today all of my torrents have disappeared from transmission.
I have all the .resume and .torrent files where they should be, how do I get them online again?

Attached: 01.gif (300x300, 6K)

Can i modify the source of a project under the GPL license witouth publishing it on GitHub(or online), but share the code only when asked?

Cause, i don't feel comfortable in sharing my code, and neither setting up a GitHub account

Click on it so it's in focus/press tab a few more times. You never have the actual captcha icons in focus.

I'm not even going to pretend it's not a skid question, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Is there any stealth rat for windows (7/8/10) that acts like a sort of remote shadow user session?

Attached: 19ee63565b9cccf7dde3ef7912e6eaf8659f541efe32bb8e765415cf2f952895.jpg (500x509, 66K)

It just werks.

Will this thermal paste drip down on my graphics card in 2 years and fuck my shit up?

Attached: Thermal paste.jpg (2549x1201, 675K)

I asked in the thread before, I'll try it again one more time.
MPC-HC lags when I start any clip in it. I thought it was because of some other program I run and it fucks with it, but this can happen right after startup or not happen at all. I have to wait a solid 15 seconds for the videoclip to start.
So far tried a clean reinstall, fiddiling around with the options as some people suggestod on forums, nothing helped. Running win 8.1. Anyone has an idea on how to fix it?
Alternatively, can you recommend some player that's closest to MPC-HC?

Attached: 1443618960713.jpg (500x335, 155K)

Grain or rice, mate. You should be fine but you can always try getting at it with an earstick if you're worried.

nvm systemd had fucked my unit files

Does it? Wanna get one but I don't know the intricacies of how all these different video cables wotk

>but share the code only when asked?
Yes.

If you never hand out the compiles of your modified version then you don't have to share your modifications at all.
(This true of GPLv2, not sure about GPLv3.)

>i don't feel comfortable in sharing my code
Why not modify something that has a BSD licence instead?

is there any reason not to disable all of these?

Attached: Untitled.png (543x287, 15K)

i don't want to do the "really dumb question coming" but
i've been thinking a bit about anti-viruses and such, so is there anything that's really good and free, cheap or is simply worth its price?

clicked on a tile, tried numpad, still nothing.
a second tab gives focus to the reload captcha button.

Attached: file.png (998x307, 40K)

Maybe it's currently configured to buffer in megabits and megabits of video and you're trying pull all this data over a usb2 connection?

Maybe it's configured to use/not-use built-in fonts and has to spend a long time thinking about it all.

Well works for me.

>have 16 gb of ram
>computer runs fine and ram usage never goes about 7.5 gb
>make 8 gb ramdisk
>computer becomes slow as shit
explain

does decreasing the size of the ramdisk make it go at normal speed?
try decreasing a bit at a time and see if there's a correlation.
it might be the fact that your pc goes into page file for some reason even though you aren't using 100% ram

tried that, making smaller ramdisks doesn't make my computer as slow but the file i'm storing in ramdisk is ~7.8 gb

Is a Dreambox safe from spectre and meltdown?
And is there a SSH/BBS client for the DC available?

Attached: 820CFCD3-5B67-4BED-87DD-3CD5B01F7E11.jpg (350x263, 35K)

Dreamcast*

>Buy meme mouse with more buttons on it than a keyboard
>Have to install drivers from CD, but don't have a CD rom
>Check website for drivers instead
>If the serial number of the mouse is before [insert handy 40 digit long number]

How am I supposed to tell if it's from before or after the serial number they mention? Does it go by the last X many digits? The one they list ends in 000001 and mine ends 002065.

do people still use bblean?

Attached: Steve-Buscemi-Swimsuit.jpg (650x488, 48K)

Can I make 2 hard drive partitions, move all my personal shit into one partition and install windows in the other partition?

So if for some reason Windows decides to magically shit the bed I can reinstall / replace without having to reformat the whole hard drive because Windows is a bitch.

Also what's the worst-case-scenario space I'd need for the OS partition?

Is it safe to use eMule in the UK?

that's usually how you'd install windows, 30gigs /worstcase? 50 should be enough/ for c:\ and everything else for d:\

You plug one end into your computer, the other end into your monitor.

Does this actually work (with Windows 10) or is this guy bullshitting?
scottiestech.info/2010/03/17/upgrade-your-motherboard-without-reinstalling-your-os/

Could you use an MXM module in a desktop?

I'm not saying it is reasonable, I'm asking it is is possible

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1495x680, 289K)

I read in my algorithms course materials that the amortized complexity of a Delete(node) operation on a red-black tree is constant. What's the logic behind that?
I understand that fixing the RB properties after removing a node takes at most operations, so you can pay for it by taking the credits of the node you're removing, but don't you still need to traverse the tree in order to find the node, which is in O(log(n))?
I feel like a fucking idiot probably missing something obvious, because all the explanations I've found don't mention the tree traversal at all.
plz halp

Attached: hmmm.jpg (190x266, 9K)

Hmm, seems like someone had that idea a while ago.

Attached: 1-630.3637329803.jpg (594x473, 98K)

Alright so I fell for the LTSB meme, how the fuck is a normal retard-tier user supposed to find the fucking explorer in Windows 10?

How do you unlock a stolen iPhone 6? It has passcode how do I bypass?

I just need to buypass google captcha on Tails (Tor)
Which free proxy should I use? Please no addons for browser, thanks.

>For windows related

Buying police surplus Beretta in pretty decent nick, should I just 92F drop the locking block replacement into it?

How can my FM transmitter sound all static-y when it's transmitting right next to my car's antenna

Jej lol I thought I was on /k/ for a second

reinstall your network drivers. what drivers have you exactly installed before?

Friends, brainlet from I'm trying to set a button to a specific function, but it isn't on the list. My understanding is that if isn't on the list you need to create a macro for it, but how do I macro?

my crontab stopped working for no reason. what can I do to debug? I'm on raspbian

when watching videos should I set my TV to 24hz if the content is 23.###fps or 30hz if it's 30fps? pull-down is sickening. I'm using mpv as my player.

Stupid question/tech support two-fer!

I have been using Pale Moon and it's working fine... mostly. It's pretty much my only choice because it uses far, far less RAM than any other normie browser. But it has a really annoying habit: once the RAM being used reaches a certain point (about 6GB of my 8GB), it has frequent slowdowns and temporary freezes. I check Task Manager and every single time, there's still plenty of RAM to use and the processor barely tics above 0%. The RAM just keeps bobbing up and down continuously while PM is frozen. Sometimes the RAM used drops some 300MB+ precipitously and the freezes stop, at least until it reaches about 6GB again.

I imagined maybe it was minimizing memory or something, but no, the freezes last too long and are too frequent until I get that lucky 300MB+ drop in used RAM drop.

If there's plenty of resources available, what the hell could be causing it to slow down like that?

Attached: 28872566_1354156821396784_8092632608107659264_n.jpg (522x521, 36K)

I have a built in fan controller in my case with 3 connectors. It's just a L/M/H switch powered by SATA. I have 5 fans running off it right now and I've noticed each additional fan lowers the speed, when I added the fifth fan Low and Medium settings don't even spin the fans up anymore, just on high.

Do I need more power, more fan controllers or is it a series vs parallel thing? btw I don't want one of those stupidly expensive 5.25" controllers.

What's a good place to buy some socks proxies? I only need about 50 for webscraping so it could even be HTTPS proxies.

Sony MDR-Z110 or MDR-Z310?

you should set your tv as high as it goes and leave it there