Sup ForumsWeb - An Autist's Paradise

Sup ForumsWeb - An Autist's Paradise

Some anons have become bored/tired with the modern web and want to return to the good old days, before the big 4 dominated the web. That's exactly what this browser aims to accomplish.

Some basic ideas we came up with in the IRC (feel free to suggest and critisize)
>Custom browser, uses regular HTTPS
>No support for javascript (no bloated webpages)
>Custom markup and stylesheet languages
>Limited transfer speed, around 512kbps (this, aswell as the disallowance of javascript, would make largescale social media difficult )
>Domain resolve to allow for its own domain, creating a walled garden (similar to .onion with Tor)

>LINKS
GitGud Repo - gitgud.io/deeg/gWeb
IRC - #Sup ForumsWeb on Rizon

Attached: the only logo.png (456x200, 54K)

it's u0, bump

Where is that moon runner browser?

people kept making new logos for it instead of updating it so it died
just like what's about to happen to this thing

wait wut, you people keep saying walled gardens are bad. also if you need a designer for the logo just page me

A better idea would be to adopt/shill and populate i2p, create some cool (no pizza allowed) websights and finally create a custom Mozzarella Foxfire fork without javascript support and i2pd built-in

417017-123404-4-047-7090

How about Retroshare?

soooo whens the actual development gonna begin

Isn't it NetRunner?

faxed :^)

This is essentially another NetRunner project. Let me tell you something OP: WE DON'T NEED A NEW FUCKING BROWSER.

test

We need a WOWser.

Attached: Rockmelt-A-WOWser-To-Make-Your-Social-Networking-Easy.jpg (630x346, 41K)

>rockmelt
It's been a long time since I heard that name

this will be the last thread for it, won't it?

Is this Sup Forumsternet?

No, but it'll die in the same way if not faster

Then what is this thread about?

Dear Lord, it's like one of those maymays of visions of a distopian future.

Attached: 9d7664e84b1353a56b3947a3013f2200.jpg (499x679, 60K)

This is literally a meme I've been spouting for AGES on this fucking hellsite and now that some jackass a few threads ago mentions it offhand, now it's finally gaining traction.

God fucking damn it, fuck Sup Forums

I'll make the logo

>instant news
>facebook
>twitter
>youtube
>tumblr
>cnn

i didnt know that cnn was so bad it'd get bundled in with tumlbr. under news, no less.

OP needs some (You)s

All the shit you're trying to keep out are symptoms, not the cause. Your Sup ForumsWeb addresses absolutely none of the actual problems.

It's all a matter of philosophy, the philosophy of the web has changed.

Anyway I say we all learn smalltalk and connect our environments to each other over the internet and bypass the web altogether. Maybe make it 3D too for the fuck of it with some Open Cobalt type shit.

is that the official Sup Forumsternet browser or is that project dead( as it should be)?

>Custom browser, uses regular HTTPS
Just use SeaMonkey. Full oldschool Mozilla browser (pre-Firefox) feel.

Most of us are first year college students or just graduated high school so we're waiting for some guys with some good tech skills to do the important parts.