How the fuck did flagship phones go for about $300-400 max 5 years ago, to $800-$1000 today?

How the fuck did flagship phones go for about $300-400 max 5 years ago, to $800-$1000 today?

Attached: https-%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fgordonkelly%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F03%2FScreenshot-2018-03-09-at-02. (960x731, 326K)

No matter how expensive, people buy them.
So it didn't took long for manufacturer to realize that they might as well make their phone twice as expensive

>How the fuck did flagship phones go for about $300-400 max 5 years ago, to $800-$1000 today?
Samsung makes many phones, and parts. The same company has been guilty of price fixing for decades. The fuck did you think would happen.

nexus had shit QC and cheap parts

OnePlus is pretty good and is around $500, which isn't too bad.

iPhones have cost like $650 since 2011 and they bumped the price only $50.

L2Inflation

Iphonex only cost $650?

No. The iPhone 5 in 2012 had a launch price of 399.

>flagship phones go for about $300-400 max 5 years ago
false

You can get a great phone for $400, no problem.

I wait 1 year and buy it for 450$

Attached: 1484616302948.jpg (1415x905, 317K)

>t. Mao

So, you pay $450 for a fashion accessory and find yourself smart?

T. Virgin

You do realize inflation is 2% right? Even if what you said was true they should be raising the price by like ~$15 per year not $50

turns out you are all really retarded and will actually pay for that shit
mfw

Attached: jewboothiphone7.jpg (250x341, 23K)

Same as GPUs.
Retards in general are willing to spend that much.

People think they look rich when they buy overpriced phones, so there is a giant market for $900 phones.

Because they know they can get away with it. Most people use installment plans to pay for their phones so it seems like only a couple dollars extra a month, phone companies realized they can jew people out of more money easily (apple).

It's called inflation and more expensive components.
Are you retarded?

>arguing with holes

Not even him btw.

just buy last years flagship refurbished for $200 and replace the battery with a screwdriver

every step of the manufacturing process price gouges hard

> inflation
see and afterwards kys

Work gave me an iPhone8 and I like it, but there's no way on earth I'd pay retail for one, you get a lot of phone for even $150 now

Best value for the price. Beat that

Attached: motorola-moto-g5-plus-1.jpg (660x610, 77K)

Demand is high so price goes up. 3 years from now I expect $2K iPhones.

Used to be you mainly payed for the components.
Now you have to pay a huge amount for some expensive glass sandwich case design as well.

If they made plastic flagships I would but them.
But everything needs to "look premium" for some retarded reason.

>samshit and apple are everything
the u11 was available for 550 on launch

You can get an A8 or A8+ , which is a really good phone for 400$

I have my own company and I bought a Note 8 on the company's account.

Costs my company about 400 euro's, instead of about 1100 (after factoring in income taxes)
I wouldn't spend that much privately either.

What flagship was $300

He's probably thinking of earlier iPhones: $300 up front plus $700 in higher contract costs.

In a lot of countries that's the way it is. Applel, Samshit or Huawei. They're the only ones with international reach and decent support to be taken seriously by retailers

why did samsung even rush to get the Galaxy 9 out? Besides trying to outhype apple.

>500
>isnt too bad
yea exactly. the absolute stay of tech today:
>cheap out on all purpose, work computers that are capable of professional use cases
>splurge on consumer text messenger device because its fashionable

>whats a computer?
rage hard

normies at it again, but since they pay manufacturers adapt and provide "high-end" tweetfacetubergram devices.

>still king for value

yeah because mobile chip neural networks and 3d sensors are free