Why does Sup Forums hate visual studio code?

why does Sup Forums hate visual studio code?

>free
>open source
>made by professionals

Attached: 1479186931490.jpg (1280x1440, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

code.visualstudio.com/license
github.com/Microsoft/vscode
github.com/Microsoft/vscode/blob/master/LICENSE.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't. It's the only Electron app I don't hate.

>the only new programming software made by MS in the last 30 years is just a repackage of already existing software made by voulunteers
hey kids, why doesnt everybody love this???

Doesn't interpret my code, doesn't suggest variables based on their type, doesn't parse docs, doesn't link definition with implementation. Why would I need another Atom? Even KWrite has more functionality.

Because Atom is a million times better?

/thread

I like it as far as usability goes, but it's electron and made by microsoft.

i'm not a programmer so it's overkill to use electron software to edit config files

I use either a full ide (intellij, netbeans, eclipse) or just vim

Literally this.

Atom is utterly slower then molasses. Sublime is the usable version of Atom with package control.

Attached: 1520952529497-g.gif (499x272, 72K)

Because vimtards love self-punishment

Attached: 1517790684266.png (1240x930, 2.04M)

my gf ruri is qt

because nobody until then had the brains to "repackage of already existing software made by voulunteers" and make a great editor

>>free
As in a whore. It means nothing.
>>open source
Yeah no. code.visualstudio.com/license
Note - source code != product
Chrome doesn't brag about it being open source even though chromium is. They're different things. When Microsoft intentionally names the core and the product the same (vscode, visual studio code) to confuse people. Not to mention the brag of open source in the website. This alone is enough of a reason to not suck the Microsoft cock. They're a for profit company who have proven themselves to be complete scumbags just for money.
>>made by professionals
Who? Fucking suckless tools are made more professionally than that shit, the source code for vscode is awful and the people are all Microsoft employees, tell me how great NT is. Spoiler alert: it's not.

Not to mention:
>Election - have fun running a fucking chromium instance just to edit a document
>It's huge - emacs is smaller and contains fucking games by default
>It's slow - even sublime is faster and I hate it, anything in electron will be slow as shit.
>It's botnet - 2018, now fucking text editors contain malware to spy on the users.

i want to fug ruri

It's not vim.

github.com/Microsoft/vscode

>why does Sup Forums hate visual studio code?
It's not an editor that has been a side in the editor war, nor is it really an editor. It's more of an IDE. Oh, and since it's based on Electron, it's just inherently awful.

Do you not read what you're replying to before posting?

Attached: wobllerhp.png (645x729, 42K)

who doesn't?

I use it myself, there's nothing wrong with it.

Does VS code support compiling UE4 on Linux, supports C++ coding, AND looks exactly like VS2015?

If not, I'm not interested. I'd switch to Linux Mint if Wine ran more games with little to no bugs, if I had support for commercial software (Like Autodesk and Adobe's tools), and if I was able to get Wallpaper Engine.

more javashit web cancer larping as desktop software

the language server shit is cool though

Fat electron botnet shit
I'd use it if it was native (qt?) and without telemetry/auto updates/etc

The image indicates we should all use スクリプト.

The anime has said so.

simple, Sup Forums hates anything that has a big corporation name on it. if vscode had been released by some gnu neckbeard everyone here would praise it, even using electron.

>int rand(void)

>have to download 20+ GB to program
Bloat.

Its a little too heavy for my taste. I prefer my IDEs to be as close to a text editor as possible
I use code::blocks, but lately I've been using qtcreator. Its really good

github.com/Microsoft/vscode/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

vscode is the only piece of shit that can debug nodejs and electron apps so I use that
>inb4 kys
enjoy your neetbux retard I just want to make money otherwise I would go outside and never touch a computer again
werks for me

Even if he was talking about Visual Studio you'd still be wrong.

>app
leave

are you autistic or just 12 years old?

>separating 'free' and 'open sores' as if price mattered like freedom

What a fucking imbecile.

>electron
even a java .jar is superior.

Couldn't care a less

Qt/RAD Studio/Visual Studio/Rider user here.

vim

>implying Atom is anywhere close to the bliss that is VSC

Because I hate microsoft and electron. Also I love emacs and have no use for another editor.

don't hate it, but still:
> headless web browser
> forced analytics down your throat for the longest period

i hated having to toggle the analytics feature every release at risk of failing to and every hardware identifier on my laptop being sent to ms (presumably). might not be the case now but really informative when it comes to their privacy attitude.

telemetry
>hurr hurr you can turn it off

vim is comfy as fuck. If you actually got used to it, you'd "get it".

Not true. People here still care about quality. There are definitely many who are against electron, just as there are haters of systemd even if it's technically free software.

Vscode is pretty good for my use cases
Been writing a good deal of rust recently and it just werks
Infellisense works good enough with RLS as well so I get decent auto completions
Best of all I don't need to do a 2 hour intro tutorial to learn how to Unix wizard my way into opening and closing files.
I also don't need to make esoteric hacks in a dead programming language to get basic editor functionality
>t. 4 year Emacs user

>Best of all I don't need to do a 2 hour intro tutorial to learn how to Unix wizard my way into opening and closing files.
If this is about vim, you can save and quit with ZZ, quit without saving with ZQ, or use :q to quit, :wq or :x to save and quit, add a ! to the end to force.

Nice reading comprehension retard, the guy said he had used emacs for 4 years.

>no further reply

Attached: 1520372247451.jpg (224x225, 8K)

because i think it's unnecessary, sublime text does everything i need and hell even notepad++ works if you don't mind the UI. only reason vsc has gotten so much attention lately is because "ooo pretty flat and js everywhere" and the way they named it is annoying as FUCK because now people don't know the difference between visual studio and visual studio code

>wallpaper engine
That’s cute.
Adults are talking, kiddo. Back to Sup Forums.

Not true, for example Atom is basically the same thing but released by freetards yet Sup Forums still hates it

No, you’re wrong. Visual Studio is only 1GB if you download the bare minimum UI and tools. Gonna .NET develop without the .NET core are ya?

This is an old argument. If it was truly "comfy", we wouldn't even have to get used to it in the first place. It should be easy and intuitive at first sight. People already spend so much time with tooling before even start doing real work as it is, it shouldn't be like this. Visual studio code does it right.

I use it, it's blazing fast unlike atom.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 16.25.42.png (1500x844, 1.29M)

There is a learning curve to vim, but if you learn the simple copy paste, and find and replace commands you can be ten times more productive than atom

Tempted to give neovim a go mostly for C/C++ related development.
Currently learning how to program an STM32F4 using command line tools (make,doxygen,gcc,openocd,gdb) with a basic text editor and terminal.
I intend to move on to eclipse retaining my own makefiles with the ARM related plugins installed since it seems to be a lot more intuitive to perform hardware debugging using a graphical user interface to peer at register values and such.
I hear you can get vimlike key bindings in eclipse as well anyway.

I know it is not its intended purpose, but how close to a DE can you make vim with regards to rule checking/auto completion/linking to files where certain functions/variables are declared/defined?
The rest of the tools I should be able to handle fine with the cli aside from openocd for hardware debugging which I haven't looked far into yet besides running some example code briefly.

Vim comes with a basic autocomplete system and there are several plugins that augment vim's default autocompletion if it's not enough for you. Vim also has tag searching by default using ctags. If you run ctags in your directory vim will read that file and let you traverse all the declarations of that tag. I've never used them, but there are a few plugins for things like syntax checking and git integration. There's also quite a few plugins that make file browsing easier if vim's default netrw isn't good enough for you. Vim's quickfix window is very useful once you get the hang of it by letting you jump to all complitation or syntax errors once you get it set up. But, as others have said, turning Vim into an IDE usually isn't the best idea. If you find you need more features than vim offers pick up Emacs EVIL mode or use the vim-keybinding plugin for whatever IDE you're using.

>ZZ to save and close
Thanks for these

Don't hate it. I'm just happy with the editor I'm used to

I don't like working in GUI driven integrated development environments.

I like nano.

Because it's devloped by MicroPoo's dev team that's flocked with Pajeet niggers