Android Wear is now Wear OS

wearos.google.com/

blog.google/products/wear-os/android-wear-its-time-new-name/

Attached: wear-os-android-wear-980x581.jpg (980x581, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/mac-pro/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I take it this means Google is trying to transition their smartwatch products from being smartphone companions into being standalone devices in their own right.

>last high end soc released 2 years ago
>OEMs have to pay fees compared to normal Android
No wonder Apple Watch is dominating

Dear god the scrolling on that first link. Atrocious

obviously they want to make a hard distinction between this an android. thus wear os probably will get that non-linux kernel google is brewing up first. screenshot this post, I called it first!

>Lets make the name as close as possible as WatchOS
Android is too far behind to compete with the Apple Watch.

Who started the slide-based scrolling trend? Was it Apple?

apple.com/mac-pro/

The Apple website runs super smooth compared to the wear os link OP posted.

Works in my Chromium-based browser.

Attached: Chromium_Material_Icon-256x256.png (256x256, 21K)

>Chromium-based browser
What? Do you mean blink/webkit?

All Chromium-based browsers are based on Blink, but I'm not sure all Blink-based browsers are based on Chromium.

Aka Nothing ever works OS. Not staying of Linux is just gonna break compatibility.

Since Pixel phones were released, all the non-FOSS software run by Google has been renamed, removing Android references and, when possible, replacing "Android" with "Google".

Android pay --> Google Pay
Android Wear --> WearOS
Android Device Manager --> Find my Device

Google is slowly taking it's distance from AOSP, maybe they're getting ready for a new OS..

and don't be amused if soon they rename Android Auto to Google Car, or Android TV to TvOS, or something like that.

hey that's funny in spanish, specially in Chile

I've seen worse.

Attached: LG-WebOS.png (610x254, 39K)

About fucking time

>google needlessly renaming and refactoring a product instead of actually making it worth using

is this the most google move possible?

Smart watches have the same problem tablets do as far as profitability to the manufacturer, once you own one there's little incentive to upgrade unless it breaks.

The only thing that would ever get me to upgrade my gear S2 is new battery technology. But that's been the bugaboo for wearable tech forever

Attached: really makes you think.png (3859x1417, 59K)

>Android pay --> Google Pay
To be fair, it was originally Google Wallet. Then they split it into Google Wallet + Android Pay.
Then they merged it back into Google Pay.

I wonder why people are always getting their products confused...

Tweet it

So thicc

I need source bois

Attached: Capture.jpg (411x551, 37K)